Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bullhead City, AZ Focus Campaign ****Completed****

****Completed****

Will continue to watch incase ordinace gains support.

Synopsis:

There is a discussion by citizens with the city council to create an oridinance similar to the one in Hazelton, PA.

October 3, 2006
    Vick, with no objections from council members, said she would direct city staff to look at legislation from other cities the Minutemen provided the council.

“Maybe in a month we could be discussing this again,” after city staff returns with recommendations, Vick said.
    See meeting dates.

Nov. 5, 2006

Bullhead City Council members showed little interest in passing legislation aimed at curbing illegal immigration in the city, one of many topics discussed during Saturday's Council retreat held at city hall.

It was agreed that the problem of illegal immigration is a national and to a lesser extent, a state dilemma.
    Activist Instructions:

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Bullhead City Council asking them to please support an ordinance against illegal immigrants.

Examples:

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Bullhead as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs. Please get some our police officers trained in the Section 287g program so that they may act as immigration officers.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information:

Bullhead City, AZ

http://www.bullheadcity.com

City Administration Complex
    1255 Marina Blvd
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Council Members can be reached by calling the City Clerk's Office at (92 763-0111
    Fax (92 763-2340.

The City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month.
    Meeting agendas are posted on www.bullheadcity.com
    Oct. 3rd.
    Oct. 17th
    Nov. 7th
    Nov. 21

Mayor Diane Vick
    mayor@bullheadcity.com

John Anderson
    janderson@bullheadcity.com

Sam Medrano
    smedrano@bullheadcity.com

Jan Ward
    jward@bullheadcity.com

Jack Hakim
    jhakim@bullheadcity.com

News Articles:

Minutemen protest Bullhead City Council

Minutemen plan all-nighter in Bullhead

Local Minutemen wage 24-hour protest at Bullhead City Council chambers

Immigration curbs shunned by Council

Mohave Minutemen to discuss illegal immigration at meeting

Minutemen rally, other events in area to focus on 9/11

Focus Campaigns Status:

Sept. 11, 2006 Citizens Request IIRA from Mayor Diane Vick
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for posting that Brian. I will be one of the people presenting that initiative to the city council on Oct 3 at 5:30. I hope that everyone will email the city council with your support. We don't have a big problem with illegals, but the problem is growing.

Once again, thanks for the support.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Brian, I forgot to ask. How did you find out about this?
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

I heard about it through the article that is listed above in the news section of the page. Are there any more news articles with information about this?

Goodluck and hope you can get this one rolling. Hopefully we can help you get more support from here.

Keep us posted on what happens or what you hear.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, there have been nothing more about this. I will email the reporter here and in Lake Havasu to make sure they make it to the meeting. Again, thanks so much.

Another question Brian. How do you know about Bullhead? It's kind of off the beaten path. Are you from here?

No, but I've been there a few times. My uncle many years ago used to own some property in Bullhead City.

Well, thanks so much. Someone spotted this thread and told me about it. I never thought to ask others to email. Now, I am going to post this on other boards to ask peopel to email the heck out of them tomorrow and Monday. I will let you know what happens.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm glad news is getting out about this area of the forum. As we learn about new cities starting these ordinances we will add them. We have several more new ones that will get added soon as time permits.

Letters sent to all parties
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast