Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Carpentersville, IL Focus Campaign Re-Opened

May, 2007 Next meeting to discuss English as offical Language.

Feb. 2007 C'ville continues to desire an IIRA Ordinance. Please continue to support the citizens of Carperntersville, IL. The tabled ordinance needs to be back to the board for vote.

Dec. 19th Carpentersville, IL has approved a measure to send officers to federal immigration training in the 287g program. Other ordinances designed to crack down on illegal immigration are currently tabled.

Synopsis

The proposed ordinance would make English the official language of the village. It would also be illegal to do business with undocumented immigrants, and to rent housing.

Oct. 17, 2006
    After heated and sometimes acrimonious debate Tuesday night, the Carpentersville Village Board tabled indefinitely a measure targeting employers and landlords who hire or rent to illegal immigrants.

The Village Board... decided to delay any vote until legal challenges to a similar ordinance passed in Pennsylvania have been exhausted.
    Note: When an item is tabled, it can be called back up at a later date.

Ordinance has been Tabled but a Resolution is being written to present to Congress.

Dec. 5th, 287(g) PASSED

Feb. 6th and 20th are the next board meetings. Please continue to pressure for an ordinace.

March 6th - English Ordinance being presented to the Board

Activist Instructions

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Carpentersville Council asking them to please pass the ordinances to prevent illegal aliens from city employment and rental properties. Also theya re consideirng an English only ordinance. You may want to share with them some articles about what other cities are doing and some of the problems and public attitudes (polls) about illegal immigration.

Examples

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Carpentersville as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information

Carpentersville, IL

http://vil.carpentersville.il.us/

Village of Carpentersville
    1200 L.W. Besinger Drive
    Carpentersville, IL 60110
    Phone: 847/426-3439
    FAX: 847/426-0809

The Village Board of Trustees meets on the first and third Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 3rd
    Oct. 17th

Village President

Bill Sarto
    BSarto@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Village Trustees

Jim Frost
    JFrost@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Paul Humpfer Co-Proposed Ordinance
    phumpfer@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Ed Ritter
    ERitter@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Judy Sigwalt Co-Proposed Ordinance
    JSigwalt@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Linda Ramirez Sliwinski
    LRamirezSliwinski@vil.carpentersville.il.us

Kay Teeter
    KTeeter@vil.carpentersville.il.us

News

C'ville sets vote on 'official English'

Immigration fight not over in C'ville

News for upcomming C'ville meetings

To serve, protect, perhaps deport

Local election could revive illegal-immigration debate as Carpentersville awaits a court ruling

A federal immigration law in local hands

Dec. 5th Village officials to seek federal funding for specialized training of officers

Carpentersville: Immigration federal issue

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=47188

Immigration debate sought

Oct. 10, 2006 - Federal inaction on immigration prompts local reactions

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 495#247495

Group calls for discussion of proposed Carpentersville crackdown

[Oct. 18, 2006 - Immigrant plan put on hold by suburb

10/3 Video - Protest proposed ordinance

October 5, 2006 Immigrant crackdown effort draws strong reaction

October 4, 2006 - Protest overwhelms C'ville

October 4, 2006 - Immigration ordinance proves divisive

Thousands see suburb delay immigration discussion

October 3, 2006 - Law vs. illegal immigrants on C'ville agenda

Protest planned as crackdown causes stir in suburbs

Immigration debate hits home with ordinance

Immigrants Driven Out Of Town Over Ordinance

Crackdown weighed in Carpentersville

Carpentersville Ordinance Targets Illegal Immigrants

Carpentersville politician looking for support on ordinance

Focus Campaigns Status

Oct. 17th, Ordinance Tabled Indefinitely
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here's the news and schedule on this ordinance.

The board of trustees in Carpentersville will talk over the ordinance on October 3rd, and then vote 2 weeks later.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

l

Living an hour from here I of course emailed them! Fingers crossed...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sent Letter!

Please pass an ordinance, which would deny licenses and permits to businesses that hire undocumented workers. Also, fine landlords $1,000 for knowingly renting to illegal immigrants. Please include recognizing English as the official language of the village. This is America and we speak English.

Thank You,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, here is a response:

If life were only so simple. This "Ordinance" would undoubtedly be challenged in the courts by many groups. There would be multiple law suits filed aginst the village and most likely against the individual Board members who'd support such a measure. The few towns who have passed such "Ordinances" are still fighting them in court. That of course is costing the local taxpayers of those towns a lot of money. None of these measures have proven to work. This one that has been presented by Trustee Humpfer and Sigwalt is a copy of one that Hazleton, PA passed and still hasn't implemented because of an injunction placed on that town by a judge.

These two trustees are trying to make people here believe that there is something local government can do to correct the illegal immigration mess that has been caused by the Federal Government. Illegal immigration has been going on now for 30+ years. Why is it now such an important issue? Wasn't it just as important last year, or the year before? Why doesn't the Federal Government do their job and close off the borders? Why doesn't the Federal Government enforce the immigration laws that are on the books?

This proposed "Ordinance" is a political stunt by two trustees who will be up for election next spring. They have both been in office one for nearly 8 years and has done nothing to speak of in all that time. The other has never been elected... He was appointed to office twice, once after losing to me for Village President in 2005.

If there was something local government could really do, I would do it. The truth is we cannot control the border from Carpentersville. We cannot deport any illegal immigrants even if we know who they are. As far as enforcing the "Ordinance" on business owners, who is going to do that? Local government can't do it. The Federal Government hasn't done it, so now what?

There are many LEGAL Hispanics living in Carpentersville. They are United States Citizens, some were born and raised here. This "Ordinance" would without a doubt negatively impact them. There would be discrimination suits being filed against businesses and the village, it would be on going, without stop. This "Ordinance" would also cause businesses to leave Carpentersville and it would keep new businesses from locating in our village. Over all this is a terrible idea. But then, most political stunts are terrible ideas.

If this "Ordinance" would be passed, we could lose our chance at getting state and federal grant money. We already have been notified by our agent who helps us get the lowest possible health insurance rate for our village employees that we now cannot get into the insurance pool, that would have saved the taxpayers money. Now that opportunity seems to have been lost by these two trustees bringing up this issue. It could also lower our bond rating in the future. That would mean to fix our streets and sidewalks would cost us more money. That's more money out of the pockets of the local taxpayers.

No one can snap their fingers and make anyone speak English. Many of other immigrants who came here could not read or speak English for a long time. In fact, in the early days of this nation, there was a vote taken and German lost out by one vote to English. We all could have been speaking German today... I would love to have everyone in this country be a U.S. citizen, a voter and speak English.

I have told you some of the reasons I will not support this political stunt. I will support real efforts to make this a better place for all of us to live. As I have been doing since my election as Village President in April of 2005. We are making progress in many areas. We will make progress in all areas before I'm finished. We will reduce crime, we will bring in new businesses, we will clean up the deteriorating neighborhoods, just like we are beginning to do in the Morningside area, we will have a village we can all be proud to call home.

Sincerely,

Bill Sarto - President
    Village of Carpentersville

Sincerely,

Bill Sarto - President
    Village Idiot of Carpentersville

letters sent to all:

Dear President Sarto,

I am writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Carpentersville as soon as possible.

As Hazelton has proven, the ordinance can be written properly as to counteract any lawsuit filed by the ACLU or any other entity that chooses to ignore the rights of all American Citizens be they born on US soil or legally naturalized as well as the rights of legal residents. It's a sad day when the ACLU has our elected officials running for the hills.

This is a local issue as the negative impact caused by Illegal Aliens is impacting the local communities. One can use the Federal government as an excuse but that's now become a boring, unfounded cop-out by those elected officials who've either no courage or have something to gain by allowing people to break the law while turning a blind eye.

As the granddaughter of 4 legal immigrants, I have experience with bi-lingual homes and the desire & ability to learn English. Our language is the glue that helps to unite us as I have experienced as a child. I've traveled a good part of the world and have always tried to learn and speak the language of the particular country, if only a few phrases. This is considered respectful and I've always been received graciously simply due to my effort. I find the language issue among many Illegal Aliens a serious issue dividing communities across the USA and it is escalating.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Sincerely,

Bill Sarto - President

Should we officially change his title. I'm sure fedup is going to have something to say about this.

Dixie

My little addition was the one thing I thought that was missing from the masterpiece he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Sincerely,

Bill Sarto - President

Should we officially change his title. I'm sure fedup is going to have something to say about this.

Dixie
    Guess that's what I get with not a milisecond of sleep. Sometime a little while ago I realized that, not only am I making mistakes, I sound like I'm drunk
    and I don't even drink

So go ahead......make fun, DIX......I can take it--ROTFLMAO

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast