Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Letters sent.

Sent letters to all. Even the village idiot. Will post responses.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Angela

I read they are rescheduling the meeting because the large turn out was not safe. So maybe you can still go.

I'm from Waukegan. Heard of us?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Letters sent. I will call tomorrow...
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Angela

I read they are rescheduling the meeting because the large turn out was not safe. So maybe you can still go.

I'm from Waukegan. Heard of us?!
    Yes, I wanted to ive in Waukegan, but my husband liked this house better. We've only been here for a couple of years.

I'll try to keep my eyes open for the announcement of the rescheduling, but bear in mind I'm probably too chicken to go by myself. If there is a group, I am in.

I will check back here if I see something. It makes me crazy that buses of people that can't speak English are better connected than I am.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I haven't heard from any of them -so I'm emailing again tonight. I made a personal message telling them about Waukegan, and what can happen if they don't get busy on this.

I read in an article (I think?!) that someone did/or proposed that the meeting be televised in a park to accomadate the crowds. Then no safety issues are breached and they can get on with the passing of this ordinance. I suggested this option as well.

Answer me already -I'm barely hearing from anybody??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

fedupinwaukegan, if there is such a safety issue there, that would make it impossible for the council to do their job, maybe they need to call in a riot squad or the National Guard to restrain the people so the Council could do the right thing and pass these ordinances! Maybe you should suggest that to the council, that would really look good for our side.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Hey guys! I'm updating this with articles today! Playing catch up!

Please write and show your support. C'ville was overwhelmed with illegal immigration supporters that were bussed in from around the Chicago area.

It's quantity not quality with the illegal supporters.

Dixie

Received this reply..................

Dear Neighbor,
    My name is Pat Schultz and I am an appointed resident to Carpentersville's Audit and Finance Commission.
    As you already know Carpentersville has been in the spotlight all over this country for the proposed Illegal Alien Immigration Relief Act Ordinance.
    Trustee Paul Humpfer and Trustee Judy Sigwalt have been receiving overwhelming support from not only our own residents in town and our neighboring communities but from concerned citizens all over the country.
    Currently there are discussions in place to create an organization in support of this very important issue. We are looking for people who would be interested in joining and helping to continue the support of Trustees Humpfer and Sigwalt in the passage of this ordinance.
    They have asked me to respond to some of your e-mails and help them in sending this note out to you and ask for your thoughts on considering coming to future meetings in a show of support. No dates have been set yet for these meetings as we are just in the beginning stages. We understand that time is precious and family must always come first but having said that I believe you can also understand that this is such an important time for Carpentersville's well being that we need to come together and help them in whatever way is possible. Please pass this on to your neighbors and friends if you think they also may be interested and they can certainly e-mail, write or call me with any questions.
    Again thank you for your time in sending your thoughts on what will surely be an historic time in our village. If you would like more information on this ordinance and the controversy around it please google "Escondido California and immigration." This city of 140,000 people is the first municipality in California that passed the same ordinance this past week.
    I firmly believe if a town that size can do it then so can we. Lastly, both Trustees were on Fox News on Monday 10/9 in response to our Village President's demand that they either drop this ordinance or resign from the board. He is also threatening to kick them off our Audit and Finance commission. As a founding member of Citizens for Fiscal Reform I can tell you that with the formation of this committee under Paul's leadership we have finally had the first clean audits in years and our budget in now on the website for all to see and all money is accounted for. Our finance director also and her department do a terrific job. I know what dire straits we were in and while we still have more to work on we have come a long way.

I will leave you with a quote from Teddy Roosevelt:
    "If the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birthplace or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, the he isn't doing his part as an American.

We have room for but one language here,, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans....and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding house."

If you would like to not be contacted e-mail me and let me know and remember always feel free to continue to contact Judy or Paul with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Pat Schultz
    137 N. Grove St.
    847-428-1178
    pschultz56@ameritech.net
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I saw this on Immigration Watchdog today

Carpentersville Village President Bowing To Pressure
    Posted by GuardDog - October 10th, 2006
    Carpentersville Village President Sarto: Drop immigration ‘ordinance’
    Northwest Herald

CARPENTERSVILLE – Village President Bill Sarto has warned two village trustees that their attempt to crack down on illegal immigration could cost the village and any trustee who supports the proposal.

Sarto sent an e-mail letter to trustees Paul Humpfer and Judy Sigwalt on Sunday night, telling them that they have until Thursday to back off of their proposal to fine businesses and landlords who employ or rent to illegal immigrants and to make the village “English only.”

If they don’t, he wrote, he’s removing them from the audit and finance committee.

If the measure passed and the village were sued, Sarto warned, the legal fees for the village and it’s elected officials would not be covered by insurance, the village’s bond rating would be reduced and health insurance costs could increase.

“This whole thing isn’t productive for our village,” Sarto said in a telephone interview. “Why waste our time, resources and energy on something that isn’t going to happen, and if it did, is unenforceable?”

Sigwalt said she had no intentions on backing down and called Sarto’s move a “desperation act.”

The immigration debate has flared up in Carpentersville, a town of about 37,000 people, over the proposed ordinance. At the last village board meeting, when the issue was on the agenda for discussion, about 3,000 people – mostly Hispanics – turned out in protest. Much of the crowd came from outside Carpentersville, village officials said.

The town is about 40 percent Hispanic. It is unclear how many illegal immigrants live there.

Village Board members decided to put off the meeting until they could find a larger venue to accommodate more people.

Sarto said he wanted the two trustees to drop it altogether. He said he had heard from officials with the Intergovernmental Risk Management Agency that they would not cover Carpentersville’s legal costs if it was sued over the ordinance. Some civil-rights groups have promised legal action if the ordinance passes. The village also is at risk of a reduction in its bond rating and higher insurance costs if it’s enacted, Sarto said.

“I was elected to represent all of Carpentersville,” Sarto said. “My duty is to make sure we are financially sound. Why waste taxpayer money on something that is outside our jurisdiction? Congress is the one to deal with this.”……

Entire article:

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2006/1 ... 430363.txt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast