Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Culpeper, VA Focus Campaign Victory!!!!!!!!

Synopsis
    Town Councilman Steve Jenkins proposes that Culpeper enact laws, like in Hazleton, PA, that would penalize employers for hiring undocumented workers, fine landlords for renting homes to illegal immigrants and declare English the official language.
    Important Dates:
    Sept. 12th city council meeting.
    Sept. 27 joint meeting with city council and county board of supervisors.
    Nov. 16th Creation of a taskforce was sent to committee for consideration
    Jan. 29 Jenkins' latest proposal to form an immigration task force will come before the Town Council
    July, 2007 Culpeper County passed a similar resolution declaring English as its official language.

Activist Instructions

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Culpeper Council asking them to please pass the ordinances to prevent illegal aliens from city employment and rental properties. Declaring English as the official language is a great idea too! You may want to share with them some articles about what other cities are doing (Hazelton) and some of the problems and public attitudes (polls) about illegal immigration.

Examples
    Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Culpeper, VA as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

Almost 90% of America's legal citizens favor English as the official language and are tired of all of the efforts to provide taxpayer documents in Spanish.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort to fight illegal immigration.

Please share with me your position on these measures and let me know if I can provide you with any information or assistance.

Thank You,

First Name, Last Name
    City, State

Contact Information

http://www.culpeper.to/index.htm
    400 S Main St
    Culpeper, VA 22701-3146
    (540) 829-8250
    (540) 829-8254 FAX

Members of Council:

Pranas A. Rimeikis (Mayor)
    Address: 801 S. East Street
    Office: (540) 829-8259
    primeikis@culpeper.to

William M. Yowell (Vice-Mayor)
    Address: 218 W. Park Avenue
    Home: (540) 829-4949
    byowell@culpeper.to

F. Steve Jenkins
    Address: 3053 Redbud Street
    Home: (540) 825-1541
    Cell: (540) 219-1223
    sjenkins@culpeper.to

Duke M. duFrane
    Address: 710 Zeuswyn Drive
    Home: (540) 825-5232
    ddufrane@culpeper.to

Christopher H. Snider
    Address: 705 E. Piedmont St.
    Home: (540) 825-4270
    csnider@culpeper.to

James C. Risner
    Address: 306 E. Spencer Street
    Home: (540) 825-3392
    jrisner@culpeper.to

Michael T. Olinger
    Address: 125 Garr Avenue
    Office: (540) 825-2211
    Home: (540) 829-1018
    molinger@culpeper.to

Emma R. Richards
    Address: 1110 Lee Street
    Home: (540) 825-1321
    erichards@culpeper.to

Calvin L. Coleman
    Address: 1221 Oaklawn Drive
    Office: (540) 727-0372
    Home: (540) 825-4119
    ccoleman@culpeper.to

News

Culpeper councilman revives illegal immigrant effort

Culpeper Councilman Wants Illegal Immigration Enforcement

Minutemen boss: vote for change

Group builds agenda on immigration in Culpeper

Culpeper councilman revives illegal immigrant effort

Meeting on illegal immigration tonight

Culpeper gaining attention over immigration issue

Sheriff, police chief seeking federal help on immigration

Officials favor zoning enforcer in Culpeper

Culpeper Targets Illegal Immigrants

Culpeper looks at Hispanics

Culpeper: Northern VA debating immigration? Take a number

Will family police be next for Culpeper?

Culpeper looks at housing and Hispanic population

Culpeper Council seeking more advice

Cantor supports Culpeper effort to crack down on illegals

Culpeper debate on the Internet

Culpeper boils over

Culpeper councilman proposes checks on illegals

Culpeper: Immigration debate alive and well

Councilman Seeks Local Solution to Illegal Immigration

Culpeper: Hispanics ready to face off?

----------------------------------------------------
    TRACKING

Supports Immigration Enforcement Ordinances: 1
    Steve Jenkins

Postion Unknown: 7
    Pranas A. Rimeikis (Mayor)
    William M. Yowell (Vice-Mayor)
    Duke M. duFrane
    James C. Risner
    Michael T. Olinger
    Emma R. Richards
    Calvin L. Coleman

Opposes Immigration Enforcement Ordinances: 1
    Chris Snyder

Focus Campaigns Status

Launched 8/29/2006
    ACTIVE
    Completed Date:
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I plan on sending out letters to this one, as it's near my residence.

Ostrich

Please place copies of your letter and or email here for others to read as examples.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's what I wrote to the Culpeper people:

Dear Sir,

As a resident of Northern Virginia, it is apparent that illegal immigration is out of control in our area. This is very distressing, with the presence of MS-13 and other illegal gangs, American citizens losing out on construction and other employment opportunities to illegal labor, schools and hospitals catering to illegal clientele at the expense of American citizens, and many illegals unwilling to learn English and assimilate into the greater society.

I want to encourage you to take a stand in Culpeper, listen to the American citizens there and in Northern Virginia, and follow the lead of towns like Hazelton, Pa, to enact legislation to protect American citizens and businesses from illegal aliens. Such legislation could be in the form of businesses losing local government contracts if they are found to be hiring illegal aliens, fining landlords for renting to illegals, and getting your local police the Section 287g Immigration Training, to assist federal law enforcement when an illegal alien felon is discovered in the community (this training will help the police to turn these felons over to ICE, instead of having them released into the community, where they’ll do more damage and killing.)

While many illegals are probably people who want to better themselves, they are going about it the wrong way, at the expense of the American people. Thus, the mess we are quickly finding ourselves in. I think you’ll find that the majority of Americans will agree that legislation needs to be done not only at the Federal and State levels, but also at the local level, to even the playing field for the American taxpayer. Change often starts at the grassroots, and if legislation can be introduced and passed (and enforced!) at the local level, positive change will resonate to the higher levels.

So please take these words to heart, and pass strict ordinances against illegal immigration. You have a duty to serve and protect the community, and if you pass such ordinances, it will serve as proof that you did your duty as an elected official.

Thank You,

Joe Fleckenstein

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Thought I would post another copy of this article here since there are several meetings in the near future on creating a Hazelton type ordinance.

08/30/2006
    Town councilman calls for immigration stance

Town Councilman Steve Jenkins called for Culpeper's governing bodies to take a "strong stance" on illegal immigration.

Mr. Jenkins called for Culpeper's governing bodies - town council and county supervisors - to write a letter to Congress requesting federal assistance on the issue. In the meantime, local officials should devise their own solutions.

"I don't want it (the issue) to go away because we're sending a letter," he said. "The letter is a first step."

Mr. Jenkins made the motion last Thursday before a joint committee meeting of town council and county supervisors. His comments came in light of the national media attention given to Hazelton, Pa. There, local lawmakers made English the city's official language and levied fines against employers and landlords who knowingly aid illegal aliens.

Mr. Jenkins implied that he wanted a similar move for Culpeper, and suggested a possible task force to handle the issue.

Police Chief Dan Boring wasn't sure if there would be any federal money available, and said the issue was a federal issue.

"Every issue is a local issue," Mr. Jenkins said. "The city of Hazelton didn't see it that way. We chose to run for elected positions. We chose to tell the people we're here to try and make a difference and address things that are important. And I'm not going to sit around for a federal congressman to tell me what you can and what you can't do."

The motion to write a letter passed unanimously, although Supervisor Steve Nixon (West Fairfax District) questioned the amount of money available from the federal government.

Calls to Congressman Eric Cantor's office reiterated his stance against illegal immigration.

"He supports the house bill (HR 4437), which is tough on illegals," said Rob Collins, a spokeman for Cantor's office. "He thinks that we are a country of immigrants, but those who come here illegally are circumventing the law. He believes border security the most important issue facing us right know."

Illegal immigrants are allowed access to emergency medical care and services from the free clinic. The school system is prohibited from asking about legal status, and the number of illegal immigrants remains unknown.

The interaction committee will follow up at their next meeting Sept. 27. The issue may go before county supervisors and town council at their next meetings, scheduled for Sept. 5 and Sept. 12, respectively.

Mr. Jenkins has also announced a community meeting for Sept. 2 in the Culpeper County Library from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., on the possible legislation.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Get behind Culpeper!

Greetings All:

I live in Culpeper and we need you support! Our Mayor is essentially useless in matters that affect our small community. He would rather ignore our illegal immigrant problem, which is quite real!

Shoot our council members an email and let them know that illegal immigration CAN be stopped at a local level!

Thank you!

Larry, people can use a model kind of similar to what I used (see my earlier post.) Or, do it off of the model that was presented at the beginning of the post.

Ostrich

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Larry, people can use a model kind of similar to what I used (see my earlier post.) Or, do it off of the model that was presented at the beginning of the post.

Ostrich
    Thanks Ostrich!

I have fired off a few to our Mayor and Council.

Our mayor has plainly stated he has NO interest in enforcing illegal immigration law. Trust me when I say he will be grilled to no end as to what real and tangible benefits illegal immigrants are providing our community.

Thank you.

Oh yes.. Thank you, Dixie for getting the ball rolling!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    It looks like this issue is hot in Culpeper. Two more articles posted today in the news forum.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast