Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Instructions and Tips for Using the ALIPAC Activism Area

Welcome to ALIPAC's online activism area. This area is strictly for use on Focus campaigns.

FOCUS Campaigns are initiated by ALIPAC's leadership. When we all work together on a Focus Campaign, the results are often substantial.

A new Focus Campaign is launched when an ALIPAC Moderator or Leader creates a new Sticky Post in this area.

A Sticky post, is a post that will remain at the top of the main display list.

Each campaign will contain a Synopsis, Instructions for Activists, Contact Information for lawmakers, news updates, Legislator Tracking, and status updates.

When you engage in a Focus campaign, please do the following.

1. Post that you are engaging in the focus campaign.
    2. Post progress reports on your efforts.
    3. Share any feedback or news your find during your efforts.
    4. Share your letter, e-mail, and call contents with us so others can see your messages.

The regular posting areas can be used to ask questions or make suggestions or print news articles.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REVIEWED OUR LOBBYING TIPS (From the ALIPAC Action Panel) BEFORE YOU BEGIN at...
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=25

If you have any questions, please make a post or ask a moderator.

Remember that our priorities are in this order.

1. MAKE THE CALLS. Personalize Calls are the most effective way to influence lawmakers.
    2. Letters: Letters are the second most effective contact.
    3. E-mails and Faxes: While e-mails and faxes are the easiest to send lawmakers they are also the least effective. They should be sent, but only after making calls and or sending letters whenever possible.
    4. Request a response from the lawmaker indicating his/her current position on this issue.

If you do send e-mails and faxes, you should personalize each one and try to make your message distinct. Form letters and form faxes are quickly screened and quarantined by legislative staff.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hello Everyone!

I really appreciate all your help, with the focus campaings.

I'm going to start posting a note about an upcoming event, which will bring a campaign to the top of the list. Those on top will be the most active and the ones you will need to check on and respond to.

I hope this helps.

Dixie
    Englishmen, who have no right in this kingdom of France, the King of Heaven sends you word and warning...depart into your own country... Joan of Arc.

Dear Dixie, I am use to just e-mailing , writing letters and placing phone calls on my own, I have been doing this for quite a while.
    Just want you to know I am 60 years old and this is my first computer, so I have been learning my way around it, and really have a lot to learn. I want so much to help, but may be limited at first as to how much I can do on the computer.
    My 16 year old grandaughter came over the other day and helped me get my avatar up, I was clueless, she also taught me how to copy and paste.
    I am really clueless as to some of the terminology, like I had no idea what an avatar was without her.
    I just wanted you to know I will do my best but if I do something wrong don't hesitate to let me know.
    I also am just learning my way around the sight, but everyday I'm learning more.
    I absolutly do not know how to get an article from another sight to ali-pac, But i'll learn in due time.I can e-mail, phone and write though and I will!! Please be patient and know I will do my best with in my capabilites for now!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Would the ALIPAC administration be interested in rallying the troops to host Tom Tancredo in La Verne, CA? We can rent the Founder's Auditorium at the University of La Verne. It can seat 450- 475 people. If we charged 10.00 each, not only will it keep some out; the costs will be covered. There are a few more calls to get the exact cost of everything, but this is what I have so far. To rent the auditorium is minimum 150.00 for two hours, 100.00 for each additional hour. It includes lighting, podium and sound. 100.00 cleaning fee. We will need liability insurance and security. I could only get an guesstimation of 500.00 for both. Right now it looks like we can get everything neccesary for about 900.00. I have to call back on Monday to talk to the right person. I won't pursue this if you do not think it would work. If you do, I have points of contact for you to verify everything.

Instructions and tips

I am not sure how to post this idea.

All of us should be writing and calling McCain with our concern over his immigration stand. We made a big difference when his bill was killed. Lets continue to pressure him on the issue. Let him know he will not get your vote unless he endorses the e-verify system, and no legalization or visas for illegal immigrants.
    He thinks we are all racist fools. Lets make him explain how he intends to secure the border and if workplace enforcement thru e-verify is an even better idea.

Absolutely! Could you help a lowly Novice as myself to let me know what McCain's phone number is to call, or where to write to him?
    I would Love to do this!
    I cannot believe he's trying to ram Shamnesty down my throat...
    I don't understand his thinking..Except to get votes..Still I don't understand why he's IGNORING his own people.
    I don't know who else to vote for, the other 2 are Shamnesty all the way.
    But, I really don't think I can bring myself to vote for McCain when he acts like a 'TurnCoat'.
    I will be glad to participate in writing or calling him.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTakeAmericaBack
    Absolutely! Could you help a lowly Novice as myself to let me know what McCain's phone number is to call, or where to write to him?
    I would Love to do this!
    I cannot believe he's trying to ram Shamnesty down my throat...
    I don't understand his thinking..Except to get votes..Still I don't understand why he's IGNORING his own people.
    I don't know who else to vote for, the other 2 are Shamnesty all the way.
    But, I really don't think I can bring myself to vote for McCain when he acts like a 'TurnCoat'.
    I will be glad to participate in writing or calling him.

welcome to alipac "LetsTakeAmreicaBack" glad to have you join us, please stay around.

Well you are not alone, many of us are hoping and praying for an Independant we can get behind.....because McCain ain't going to get it, I my self will sit this election out if one does not come forward....I refuse to aid and abett the demise of this great country!!!

You Can look up you state GOP at this link and give them your comments here
    http://nowaymccain.com/your-state-gop/

Or here is his web side
    http://mccain.senate.gov/public/

Or you can contact both as I did Again welcome!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

McCShame

This "political process" is already construed as to how it's going to play out sadly enough.
    Call me jaded but our votes don't count for squat and mark my words, McCShame will more than likely be the next president of these United States but not because we voted for him.

This whole thing is fixed. I have no doubt about that. McCShame should have been out months ago but then suddenly he's making the big comeback against Romney and Huckabee? No way. I give a nod to Ron Paul but he doesn't have a snowballs chance of getting elected because he doesn't fit the party's agenda.

I'm sorry but honestly I feel the best we can do is to keep staying on these guys (our 'elected' officials) and also make a difference at the state level.

I do think we ought to pursue McCShame and call him to task for calling the rest of us racist but ultimately it would be a huge waste of time and energy because he could care less and he has the backing to support that attitude (way to go dubbya).

Just my two cents.