Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Update 3/31/09 on SB458

S 0458

Bill by Palmer, Barnett, Huelskamp, Journey, Ostmeyer

Sub for S 458 by Committee on Federal and State Affairs -- Kansas immigration
    enforcement and reform act. Effective date: Statute Bk.

03/12/2008 S CR: Substitute be passed by Federal and State Affairs -SJ 1416
    03/26/2008 S COW: CR recommending sub. bill be adptd; be am.; Sub. be passed as
    am -SJ 1609
    03/27/2008 S FA: Passed as am.; Yeas 40 Nays 0 -SJ 1632
    03/28/2008 S Engrossed -SJ 1655
    03/27/2008 H Received and introduced -HJ 1793
    03/28/2008 H Referred to Federal and State Affairs -HJ 1794

http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-bil ... chBills.do
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

4/25/08

S458 still has not moved out of committee
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

GHB

Brownback disappoints

The Hutchinson News
    Friday, May 09, 2008

Brownback disappoints

As a lifelong Republican, I can only express my disappointment in the Republican Party. From president to dogcatcher, the Republican Party has failed its constituency. What a bunch "we the people" placed in power! Of all the problems wrought by my party of choice, the biggest disappointment is Sen. Sam Brownback. I remember shaking hands with the incumbent senator in front of Wal-Mart years ago, and the elation I felt with his election.

Now, all I see is a politician pandering to an increasing population of illegal aliens in the hope of garnishing votes at the expense and welfare of his fellow citizens. This is a man who took his Washington phones off line during a vote on "immigration reform" to thwart the outcry of fellow Kansans to vote against what amounted to amnesty for people who entered our great nation through illegal means.

In my view, Brownback has placed the status and welfare of foreign nationals above his own country men and women and has begun embracing positions of groups that were once referred to as the "loony left." We see in Brownback a disturbing thing that happens to many politicians who have held office too long: They forget they hold office to serve their constituents, not their own re-election.

To paraphrase Al Gore, it's time for him to go.

Hutchinson Kansas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12