Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals

This is such a eorn out topic and I know you all are as sick of it as I am. Why our so called officals for the US want this travisty is beyond me however I e-mailed all of the officials that I could that would accept any mail this is.....if you don't live in their state they do not want to hear from us....the message is clear: NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!!! PERIOD, EVER! They need to come the right way or go back where they belong! We have shouted this and yet they insist on engraciating themselves on a country that does not want them moochin g off of us anymore. What part of no amnesty do they not get; both the officials and the illegals!

desertred: WELCOME, welcome to ALIPAC.

Thank you for your input and help.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change

Re: Illegals

Quote Originally Posted by desertred
    This is such a eorn out topic and I know you all are as sick of it as I am. Why our so called officals for the US want this travisty is beyond me however I e-mailed all of the officials that I could that would accept any mail this is.....if you don't live in their state they do not want to hear from us....the message is clear: NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!!! PERIOD, EVER! They need to come the right way or go back where they belong! We have shouted this and yet they insist on engraciating themselves on a country that does not want them moochin g off of us anymore. What part of no amnesty do they not get; both the officials and the illegals!
    Welcome desertred..thanks for your participation and by the way I live in the state and they are as blase with the calls and emails of residents as they are with those out of state. Still we keep hammering away and we appreciate your efforts.

Welcome to alipac "desertred" and thanks for helping out!!

Got mine done......

"Working4change" I did not know you lived in NJ well we will be their worst nightmare until you can throw them out of office
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Welcome to alipac "desertred" and thanks for helping out!!

Got mine done......

"Working4change" I did not know you lived in NJ well we will be their worst nightmare until you can throw them out of office
    Yep Sosad..I do. Thanks... it's an up hill battle here but we are more than up to the fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N.J. Assembly committee OKs bill to allow undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition
    Monday, January 4, 2010
    BY LISA FLEISHER

2 Comments

TRENTON -- A bill that would allow illegal immigrants who are New Jersey residents to pay in-state tuition was Monday moved out of an Assembly committee after hours of emotional testimony.
    Opponents of the bill say it goes against federal law and would deprive state colleges of the money that out-of-state tuition would bring in, but supporters counter that it would bring paying students to the school who otherwise would not have attended at all.
    The Assembly Appropriations Committee voted 7-4 to move the bill to the full Assembly and was scheduled for debate in a Senate committee Monday.
    If the bill is passed by the full Legislature and signed by the governor, immigrants in the country illegally would be eligible for in-state tuition if they have attended a New Jersey high school for at least three years and received a diploma or equivalency.
    The Office of Legislative Services, a nonpartisan body that works for the legislature, said the bill would not cost the state money, but some legislators say they cannot see how that is possible. Assemblyman Richard Merkt (R-Morris) said it was "naive" to think so, and Assemblyman Herb Conaway (D-Burlington) said he had spoken to university presidents who said it would have a fiscal impact.
    Dozens of students stood in front of the Assembly Committee today to show their support and testify. A few would not give their full names, and the press were asked not to photograph their faces.
    Cid Wilson, the vice chairman at the board of trustees at Bergen Community College, said the bill would not cost colleges like his more money.
    "If anything, there will be a benefit to the colleges," he said, because many of the costs are larger, fixed costs that do not increase with each additional student. He said the "large amount" of undocumented students at the college have shined and excelled, and pay taxes through rent, sales and income tax.
    Supporters said the students should not be punished for their parents' decisions.
    One of the bill's sponsors, Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen), argued that this was simply making the tuition rates equal for students who had lived here as long - or longer - than other students who receive in-state rates.
    "I think this bill is about fairness and opportunity," she said. "We are not giving anything away. We are just making it equal."
    Opponents also said it was about fairness - to the people in the country legally.
    "A kid from South Philly or a kid from the South Bronx, who happens to be a citizen, is going to pay higher tuition than someone who is here from, say, Saudi Arabia, and not here legally," Merkt said. "I don't know how a legislator, who has taken an oath to support the Constitution of the United States, can say we're going to ignore federal law and provide a subsidy to youngsters who are here in violation of the law."
    Ten states -- including New York, Texas, California and New Mexico -- allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/state/0 ... ition.html

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-183898-jersey.html+tuition
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Stop NJ Senate Bill S1036 from Granting In-state Tuition to Illegal Immigrants

Urgent action needed: NJ Senate Bill S1036 allows college aged illegal immigrants to go to colleges and universities in New Jersey at a discounted, in-state rate. The difference between the in-state and the regular tuition could amount to almost $50,000 for a 4 year education, all of which will be paid by YOU, the hardworking, taxpaying citizen of New Jersey, if this bill is passed. The cost of providing high education to the college age illegal immigrant population of New Jersey could amount to 100s of millions of dollars over the next few years. All this while New Jersey is sliding into bankruptcy.

New Jersey citizens pay taxes into the system so that their children will be able to go to college at a discounted rate when they reach college age. If illegal immigrants want to go to college, why should New Jersey citizens pay the freight for them?

With only 2 meeting days left in the 2009 NJ Legislature session, illegal immigrants and their advocates made sure that S1036 was on the agenda for the Senate Budget and Appropriation Committee that will meet on Monday, January 4, 2010 at 2:00 PM in the Committee Room 4, 1st Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ.

Here’s the link giving details on the bill: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/Bill ... mber=S1036

It is essential that as many of you as possible show up at this hearing to testify against this bill. I was told by legislative aides to the Senate Budget Committee that you can just show up and sign up to testify but here are the phone numbers to call if you want to make sure:

SENATE Budget and Appropriations Committee Aides:

Democratic Aides:

George J. LeBlanc

609-292-5215

Republican Aide:

Rosemary Pramuk

609-292-5199

OLS Aides:

Catherine Z. Brennan
    Howard K. Rotblat

609-984-6798
    609-984-6798

I guarantee you that the open borders, pro-illegal immigration people will be out in force for this one. The people from our side need to be there too!

http://www.njcitizensforimmigrationcont ... events.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12