NOTE: some of the Council information is not updated. Please wait to work this campaign until we've corrected the error.

Updated: April 16, 2007

Synopsis:

Port Carbon Borough is discussing passing an immigration ordinance similar to Hazelton.

Nov. 17th
IIRA still under consideration.

Activist Instructions:

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Port Carbon Borough Council asking them to please the ordinance.

Examples:

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Port Carbon Borough as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information:

Port Carbon Borough

Port Carbon Borough Hall
301 1st Street
Port Carbon, PA 17965
Tel: 570-622-2255
Fax: 570-622-2255
Email: pcoffice@wraccess.com

Mayor Charles Joy
Council President Thomas Pavlick
Vice-President William Guers