Page 39 of 177 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Just got off the phone with Sen. Landrieu staffer said that there is no public statement at this time but in the past she has opposed amnesty provisions. He also indicated that he was sure she read the DHS statement. I got through to her office in about 10 seconds so come on people step it up!
    Called got same response!!! Told staffer aboutr DHS and said the American people arewatching and we will not forget.

When I called McCaskill yesterday I was told she would "probably" vote no. I just called again (202) 224-6154 and the aide said that she has voted no in the past, but she hasn't released a statement.

I asked him if she is aware that DHS opposes this amendment, and he said that all info has been forwarded to her.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D)
    717 Hart Senate Office Building
    (202) 224-6154; 228-6326
    Kansas City: (816) 421-1639
    Web Site
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Clocking in. Still getting a bunch of no statement or no position yet, but some also with some info. Results of calls so far:

-Bennett: no statement, but believes focus should be on Defense Department, not appropriate for Dream Act to be added to DoD bill.
    -Brown: no position (thanks for heads up Zeezil)
    -Cochran: no position
    -Coleman: no position
    -Collins: no statement
    -Cornyn: no position, taking calls & listening
    -Crapo: "currently not inclined to support as written..lots of calls received"
    -Domenici: no statement, lots of calls against
    -Hutchison: no position, but does not want Defense Bill delayed by Dream Act, wants Defense Bill passed quickly
    -Sununu: no position, but has opposed similar legislation in past
    -Warner: no statement
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can someone please post an updated call list? I will make another pot of coffee and start burning up the phone lines. After about my 4th cup of Java I will probably be talking 100 miles an hour like a record on fast speed. LOL

Hutchison: no position, but does not want Defense Bill delayed by Dream Act, wants Defense Bill passed quickly
    What the heck does that mean Kaye... you weasel...you best vote NO
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I have been trying to make some calls. Durbin, Feinstein, McCaskill, all lines are busy and voice mailbox is full!! Landreu phone just rings and rings, no answer at all.

Time to FAX these traitors again!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You patriots are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixie

Hutchison: no position, but does not want Defense Bill delayed by Dream Act, wants Defense Bill passed quickly
    How can you vote for a Defence bill that has an amedment attached where the DHS has issued just this morning opposition to the DREAM Act as written because it opens the door for massive fraud in the application process and is an open invitation for the inclusion of terrorists?

[/quote]

Recap of some of my calls. I am experiencing some hold time and some fustrated people answering the phones:

Cochran-has not informed staff of decision.
    Collins-no statement at this time.
    Hutchinson-has not made up mind.
    McCaskill-has not made up her mind. The gentleman I spoke to sounded really frustrated.
    Sununu-decision not made but he reminded me that he has voted against similar measures in the past. I reminded him that I know Jeanne Shaheen would absolutely vote for amnesty and I really hope that he abides by what he has said in the past that is he is against amnesty.

I am faxing and E-mailing as well.