Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If the radical anti-immigration law will become a law of the country ...
    It's not a radical "anti-immigration" law. It's a radical "anti-ILLEGAL"immigration law. There's a huge difference.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Rofl, ok. It's a
    It's a radical "anti-ILLEGAL"immigration law.
    So uhm, why is making illegals follow the rules such a radical concept?
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    If the radical anti-immigration law will become a law of the country ...
    I still don't get why making everyone follow the same rules is such a radical concept.
    What's funny is that ALMOST EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET has stricter immigration laws than we do, and we can't even enforce our laws that do exist without some fuzzy foreigner accusing us of being radicals or Nazis or something.

Why don't some of these people who are so damend fired up about immigrants' rights go down to Mexico and raise hell with them over the way they defend their southern border?

CrocketsGhost

This time you hit a nail right into its head

What's funny is that ALMOST EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET has stricter immigration laws than we do, and we can't even enforce our laws that do exist without some fuzzy foreigner accusing us of being radicals or Nazis or something.
    The difference between the immigration laws here and anywhere else is that frankly, the immigration laws here do not make sense. The law that makes sense to most people involved is followed by most people involved. The law that does not make sense, is simply circumvented.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    CrocketsGhost

This time you hit a nail right into its head

The difference between the immigration laws here and anywhere else is that frankly, the immigration laws here do not make sense. The law that makes sense to most people involved is followed by most people involved. The law that does not make sense, is simply circumvented.
    Well, given your demonstrated dearth of logic, I'm certain that our quite reasonable laws here do not make sense to you, just as cause and effect appears to make no sense to you.

Your rants have provided nothing remotely resembling a justification for the notion that our immigration laws do not make sense. what demonstrably makes no sense, however, is our federal government passing laws that it has no intention of enforcing. Maybe if you had been educated here instead of East Goat-herdistan you would be able to comprehend our laws.

Just a guess, but I'd place money that in an honest discussion you would claim that our Constitution makes no sense as well. That's what happens when your education occurs behind the Iron Curtain.

CrocketsGhost

Regarding your post about minimum wages and masses of low skilled immigrants.

I guess that you did not read my original text on my website, or just glanced at them.

My point is that with more realistic immigration laws, more people would be allowed to come here legally. We would have better control over who is admitted.

Low skilled Latino workers cannot save every factory from competition from China, but might be able to help to survive some. With factories opened here not there, some Americans would be able to have good jobs as well.

As I explained in my dissertation on my website, the point is not letting everybody to come here. The point is, that if an American employer, obeying our labor laws, wants to employ foreigners, he or she should be able to do it legally without any hassle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    CrocketsGhost

Regarding your post about minimum wages and masses of low skilled immigrants.

I guess that you did not read my original text on my website, or just glanced at them.

My point is that with more realistic immigration laws, more people would be allowed to come here legally. We would have better control over who is admitted.

Low skilled Latino workers cannot save every factory from competition from China, but might be able to help to survive some. With factories opened here not there, some Americans would be able to have good jobs as well.

As I explained in my dissertation on my website, the point is not letting everybody to come here. The point is, that if an American employer, obeying our labor laws, wants to employ foreigners, he or she should be able to do it legally without any hassle.
    Again. your premise is insensible. We don't have skilled laborers coming here illegally, nor is anyone complaining about them at the moment. So your "sensible" policy would, if it began by granting citizenship to those illegals already here, pretty much shore up any imagined unskilled labor shortage overnight. That means that when we "sensibly" began to turn away the unskilled laborers trying to enter from south of the border, they would just resume their illegal immigration.

See, one of the basic flaws of your premise is that, as I previously mentioned, it is anything but comprehensive as you claim. What you are not factoring into the equation is that the illegals are not simply about labor. MANY of them come here to suck up the many benefits available to Americans. Hispanic peasants, for example, do not have the same reservations as proud Americans about availing themselves of food stamps. They have no problem crossing the border to get "free" (at the taxpayer expense) healthcare, particularly when they have serious problems. Heck, for many illegals, the US is little more than a free maternity ward with far better services than are available to them in their homeland at any price.

So a "sensible" policy would just have us right back where we are as soon as we started turning away unskilled laborers.

You're not doing very well with these rebuttals of yours. You either have not thought any of this through at all, or else you have more than thought it through and are intentionally obfuscating with an ulterior motive. Hmmmm... Which could it be?

Hak

We have a lot of people in this country who are unemployed - don't you think they should get first "dibs" on jobs that are available.

I pose you this question:

If you were an illegal, who didn't have to pay taxes, got free medical benefits, got your children educated for free, didn't have to pay for car insurance, etc., WHY, for heaven's sake, WOULD YOU BE STUPID ENOUGH TO REGISTER and have to pay all those taxes.

Haven't you read the articles on illegals coming into this country to make enough money (that they send home, by the way), so they can build a beautiful new home there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Hak

We have a lot of people in this country who are unemployed - don't you think they should get first "dibs" on jobs that are available.

I pose you this question:

If you were an illegal, who didn't have to pay taxes, got free medical benefits, got your children educated for free, didn't have to pay for car insurance, etc., WHY, for heaven's sake, WOULD YOU BE STUPID ENOUGH TO REGISTER and have to pay all those taxes.

Haven't you read the articles on illegals coming into this country to make enough money (that they send home, by the way), so they can build a beautiful new home there.
    Don't think for a moment that Hack does not fully inderstand the many flaws of his reasoning. He is not here to be a voice of reason. He is here for the consternation of logic. His errors are too carefully constructed as such and his rebuttals are too evasive. I know a plant when I see one.

Re: I AM AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT...

Mr. newpilgrimfamily why did you get marry with Marsha (your wife) if you did not have money to support a marriage in Brazil?????????????

Thats the problem with many people, they believe America is going to support their entire family and USA is growing very fast with that kind of immigrants.