Page 437 of 740 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    BIG Update From Ron Paul!

Submitted by Rongame on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 08:55

BIG Update From Ron Paul! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Super Tuesday is big, but it all comes down to California

Submitted by The Daily Paul on Sun, 03/04/2012 - 10:06
    Ron Paul 2012

California

Detroit Free Press:
    Super Tuesday's stakes are super high -- but the battle for GOP nomination is far from over

-snip-
    Mitt Romney's victories in Michigan and Arizona's primaries last week helped him regain front-runner status, but he still has a lot to prove Tuesday. Namely, that his advantage in money, organization and endorsements pays off. Even if it does, don't expect Rick Santorum, Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich to go away quickly.

"Barring an explosion, which certainly could happen, it all comes down to California" and its 172 delegates, said Henry Olsen, a political expert at the Washington-based American Enterprise Institute.

California's primary isn't until June 5.

Four years ago, 24 states held contests Feb. 5, and John McCain won the most, essentially locking the GOP nomination. This year, Super Tuesday is 10 states -- Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Massachusetts, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia. It's a big deal, but it's unlikely to be anyone's end game.
    - end snip-

Read the whole thing at the Detroit Free Press. Plus a nice big picture of Dr. Paul.

Super Tuesday is big, but it all comes down to California | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember Remember the 5th of Novermber

If we would just follow the principles that Ron Paul has laid for us, and the Constitution, then the world will follow, instead of forcing our "freedom" with war.

The world hungers for this messege.

Ron Paul Revolution: Could complete biggest upset in GOP history

Mason Buran
    Ron Paul Examiner

Rule 38, the rule that has grabbed the hopes of the Ron Paul Revolution and instilled fear throughout the Republican establishment. Due to the recent discovery of Rule 38 and the effect it may cause on the Republican National Convention, many political analysts have placed their own interpretation on what it exactly stands for. Rule 38 states, "No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the unit rule.” I am here to tell you the truth about Rule 38 and it lies in the hands of a ruling by the Republican National Convention Legal Counsel back in 2008.

The Republican National Convention Legal Counsel deals with rulings and controversies within a party. Utah follows the winner-take-all delegate awarding system, which means that the majority winner of the state attains all 40 delegates. In Utah, during the 2008 GOP Nomination process, a delegate refused to vote with the state's primary winner, Mitt Romney. The Republican National Convention Legal Counsel commented with this statement.
    “Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah National Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, 'The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.'”
    In order to become a delegate, it involves a long and enduring process by attending after-caucus/primary meetings. Following those meetings, potential delegates are then required to attend district and state conventions where the delegates are then nominated to the convention. The process requires that the supporters have a lot of patience, while still maintaining enthusiasm for their ideal candidate. Ron Paul's supporters have been taking advantage of this process ever since Iowa. In many of the winner-take-all states, Ron Paul supporters have been nominated as delegates to the Republican National Convention but are still hypothetically bound to Mitt Romney. However, according to this ruling by the Republican National Convention Legal Counsel, they are not required to vote for Mitt Romney in any circumstance.

Let us not forget, the Republican Party is a private organization and are subject to their own ruling. If they do decide to listen to their ruling from 2008, the Ron Paul Revolution could complete one of the biggest feats in GOP history.

Republican Party Rule Book: www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf

Ron Paul Revolution: Could complete biggest upset in GOP history - National Ron Paul | Examiner.com
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-13-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Illegal adjournment of OK convention caught on tape

Submitted by omaleta on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 00:02
    Oklahoma

After reading through several posts and comments, there seems to be a lot of confusion over the details of how the OK Convention ended up in the parking lot. I was watching a livestream at the time and thought that procedure to be very significant. IF the meeting was adjourned improperly, or never adjourned at all, then the proceedings in the parking lot were a continuance of the Convention and the results of the 'parking lot convention' should be binding. If the meeting was properly adjourned, then the efforts in the parking lot to re convene would be out of order.

Watch this video, especially from minute 24 and beyond, and voice your opinion. IMHO it seems that the 'nays' to adjourn the meeting and the calls for point of order were ignored by the chair who declared with a '2nd' that the meeting was adjourned. In fact, the meeting was never adjourned. A standing vote was taken after the crowd had stood up to leave and was declared a positive result. Conventioneers were complaining that the convention business was unfinished, the lights were turned off briefly...watch the video.

suriyahfish, suriyahfish suriyahfish on USTREAM. Politics

Illegal adjournment of OK convention caught on tape | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Spine Tingling VIDEO! 2012 Is About Abolishing Economic Slavery In America

~We're on the verge of abolishing economic slavery in America.

~Ron Paul's aim is to abolish the debt slavery & tax bondage of the FED/IRS Complex.

~Over the last 100 years of slavery we have gradually lost most of what America set out to be, do and have.

~We never had "World Wars" before the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank.

~We are not free. We are slaves.

~Put aside all of the non-essential issues and focus on abolishing slavery.

~Let's start there.

~Our first priority is to regain our liberty, peace and prosperity.

~This is the narrative, the context for all of my campaign communications with others. It shuts down all of the nattering and competitiveness between the staus quo candidates and Congressman Ron Paul.

~No other candidate is cognizant of, or focused on abolishing the crushing debt slavery and tax bondage as a social issue.

~Without our liberty, nothing else matters.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Please spread this video and narrative. Time is running out. Don't think we have forever. The window is closing.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Before You Pee Yourself and Get All Indignant ~ "You see, We are not his, he is ours."

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 18:18
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

OK. Jesse Benton may have made a deal with the Devil (RNC Victory Fund)...

Jesse may have done it for a good reason - to throw off the opponent or some other strategy --It doesn't matter.

Because this campaign is "OURS" - not his - not Ron Paul's -- They work for us.
    -
    ~We are the Patriots who love the Constitution
    ~We are the ones who raised millions of dollars
    ~We are the ones who gave millions in 'in-kind' support
    ~We are the ones fighting for OUR liberty
    ~We are the ones who go and fight for delegate slots
    -
    Have you ever seen Ron Paul at a state convention?
    -
    Have you ever seen Jesse Benton at a state convention?
    -
    NO!
    -
    We do it all.
    -
    And nobody can stop us. No Army, No Bullet, will stop an idea who's time is here.
    -
    Just keep at it.
    -
    We can still beat Romney and the RNC.
    -
    This is OUR time.
    -
    Remember this message to YOU from KC_Ted in Oklahoma;
    -
    After complaints about "illegal" activity, Ron Paul faction takes GOP convention to parking lot

RDR: After complaints about "illegal" activity, Ron Paul faction takes GOP convention to parking lot

-
    This comment from KC Ted says it all.

KCTed May 12, 2012

Thank you for reporting. My heart swells thinking of the fine folks in Oklahoma who would not let rule violations dictate convention procedures. 1500+ people across the nation, watched the entire proceedings and saw the prior blatant disregard for the rules, until the convention was moved outside. It was then smooth, orderly and followed Robert's Rules and OK election rules to the letter. I would like to add, I appreciate the Red Dirt Reporter showing up to view how proper the proceedings were.

We are not just "Paul people" we are Constitutional Republicans.

It is indeed our path to return our great nation back to constitutionality. Our constitution is being eroded by the status quo, both Dems and Reps and it must stop for the sake of liberty. We are not "Paul's people", we are a growing movement who has chosen Dr Paul because of his adherence to the Constitution and loyalty to Americans. We have been the primary funding source from the beginning (as opposed to Obama's and Romney's big Wall Street financiers, who are almost identical).

We will remain long after Dr Paul has retired from politics.

We will support other sincere Constitutional Republicans as well.

You see, We are not his, he is ours. God bless the Constitution, God bless America.

Before You Pee Yourself and Get All Indignant ~ "You see, We are not his, he is ours." | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Never Again!

Submitted by DJ77 on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 19:19
    Ron Paul 2012

Texas

I have been a Ron Paul supporter for over a year now. I have a bumper sticker on my truck and a "Ron Paul 2012" sign in my yard. I talk to co-workers,friends,neighbors, and strangers about issues of freedom and liberty. I donated financially to the campaign. I slept good at night feeling I was helping the cause and "doing my part".

Then a month or so ago I discovered the Daily Paul and started following all the conventions that were taking place via U-stream and the like. I started learning how the conventions and delegate selection process works, Roberts Rules (never heard of them before).

Watching the people at those conventions, many who look they are still in high school, filming the events, becoming delegates, taking their involvement to the limits of their ability... That's when it hit me. I'm not doing enough. I live in Texas, the delegates to the state convention are already chosen. I missed the boat.

I'm 40 yrs old, and these "kids" are out there that know more about how government works and are doing more than I have done to advance the cause of liberty.

I failed to become a delegate..there may be someone at the convention that is for the establishment rather than me being there.

It's not good enough to be a cheerleader standing on the sidelines. Never again will I miss the opportunity to become a delegate!

Never Again! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Doug Wead blog:

Ron Paul stuns in Arizona, upset win is game changer!

In a repeat of Iowa, where a Mitt Romney State Chairman held up accurate results of the vote for weeks, the Arizona State Convention has gone into overtime. Ballots are supposedly locked up, waiting to be counted “tomorrow.” But citizens and journalists on the floor had no trouble discerning that Ron Paul forces had seized the day and if the vote is fair, he will likely win the majority of delegates from Arizona to the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

If the victory in Arizona proves true, and remember, there is a tantalizing and suspicious delay, then Ron Paul will likely win the right to be nominated on the floor of the Republican National Convention in Tampa. It isn’t over yet, there are some Ron Paul states that have been won at the County or District level, that still need the formality of winning the state convention, but barring parliamentary jujitsu, it is on track to happen. It is big news.
    The past weekend began with infuriating news for the Ronulans, from Norman, Oklahoma, where Santorum and Romney forces united to shut out the Ron Paul people at the Oklahoma State GOP Convention. By some estimates Ron Paul supporters were a majority on the floor of the convention and thus should have walked away with another win. Others, basing the vote on an attempt to elect Ron Paul supporter, Richard Engle as national committeeman, suggested that they actually accounted for 48.2% of the state convention vote.

Said Engle, “Under a one man, one vote scenario, I had a majority. This was acknowledged as the roll call came in from each county. When the program to apportion the votes was done 48.2% was reported. I am challenging the results and calling for a recount as the difference between victory and defeat is less than 2% as we have proof of prior mis-reporting of county numbers as well as a history of making rounding errors. Regardless, the actual majority of Delegates did support me. There is no way of knowing if that directly represents a majority for Dr. Paul.”
    And we may never know. Frightened that the Ron Paul delegates had become the majority in the convention, the establishment GOP, running the event, used its own errors in the Credentials Report to stall the convention for several hours. On the premise that the time for the convention hall rental was coming to an end they refused to hold a final vote on credentials or to acknowledge the calls for a roll call vote on the Delegates and Alternates as required under the rules.
    Said Engle, “They played fast and loose with the rules. If they had not used a roll call vote on my race I would have won and then they used a voice vote on 50 members of the Delegation and refused a roll call vote at that point. The chair ruled that a roll call was not required when the party rule was shown him in plain English. When the ruling of the chair was challenged he called for a voice vote and proceeded to rule that his decision was upheld despite the overwhelming sound of Delegates against him.”

The final slate was 62% Romney, 22% Santorum, 4% Gingrich and 4% Ron Paul. A devastating defeat for the majority.
    Paul delegates who had give up weeks and months of their lives to get elected as delegates at the precinct and county levels were scandalized. Taking a chapter from Missouri, they tried to convene outside the venue in the parking lot, claiming a plurality and calling to do things in order. But was it too late?

Challenges will surely follow.

Meanwhile, in Phoenix, Arizona, cocky Romney forces led by Nathan Sproul saw defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Ironically, the Ron Paul forces came to the state GOP convention to play nice. They offered a deal. ”You know our knack for organizing?” They said, ” You know we have the numbers? Why don’t we make sure there are no surprises and nothing embarrassing. Your candidate has the nomination, we will give you 50% plus one of the delegation to Tampa, that gives you the majority, and let us have a nice delegation of the leftovers for our man too.”

But no. The Mitt Romney forces insisted on scorched earth. ”You can have one,” they said.

The Romney team then proceeded to fall apart. It was so bad that Ron Paul operative Shawn Dow couldn’t have given them a victory if he had wanted it. Said a Ron Paul staffer, “No matter how we tried, the Romney people wouldn’t move off their one delegate offer. We had no choice. We had to win.”

Sydney Hay, a Ron Paul spokesman who is sometimes seen on the Bill Mahr Show and once won a congressional nomination in Arizona , gave a positive, conciliatory speech to the convention. And Josh Romney was well received by all. And then, in a moment poorly handled, he returned to the microphone to pitch his daddy’s green ballot, with the Romney slate.

Yes, indeed, at that point there were boos but they came from the whole floor, even from Romney supporters who had worked hard to get their names considered as delegates. No one was in the mood to let outsiders dictate a list of his friends who should go to Tampa. It was yet another example of a poorly run machine. The Romney kid should never have been given such an assignment.

“Why make Josh Romney get involved in a precinct level fight for delegates?” asked Sydney Hay. “Here was a presidential candidate’s son down in the gutter in a fight. They never should have put him in this place.”

Ron Paul took 11 of 18 delegates decided in the district caucuses. It was the “at large” delegates that were left in the air. The Romney forces stalled for hours, hoping to outlast the Ronulans who stayed put as Romney delegates, disgusted with their own organization, finally began to drift away.

In a last ditch effort the Romney forces tried to declare that there was now no quorum and other motions were offered. When the vote for the “at large” delegates was finally taken it was sealed, under lock and key, with the promise that “tomorrow we will count those and sort things out.”
    Uh huh.

Finally, the lights were turned out and the Ronulans were sent home, exhausted and weary, unaware that they had probably just made history and put their man into nomination at Tampa. For the Romneyites, the unthinkable had happened. It is not done yet, but Ron Paul may very well see his name entered into nomination in Tampa.

This last weekend was perhaps the most mean spirited of all. One has to wonder, if Mitt Romney has won the nomination, why can’t they communicate that message to the state conventions? The fact is that something bigger is happening than the nomination of a candidate. The Republican Party is being remade in the image of Ron Paul, the Thomas Jefferson of our generation. The Ronulan invasion continues. It is not a conspiracy. It is organic. It is natural. And it cannot be stopped.

Romney delegates on the attack.

Josh Romney’s green slate.

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Good report from VIRGINIA!

Submitted by Sandy Sanders on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 20:36
    Ron Paul 2012

An official report on last week's Virginia CD conventions and potential effects for politics in the Old Dominion:

SIGNIFICANT RON PAUL DELEGATE VICTORIES in the OLD DOMINION! RESHAPING of the VIRGINIA GOP through the STATE CENTRAL COMMITTEE! | Virginia Right!

Good report from VIRGINIA! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012