Page 552 of 740 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Think you know about crime in the U.S.? Think again

Submitted by DeMolay on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 03:21
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Forget, for a moment, everything you think you know about the crime rate. Because it’s probably wrong.

The United States is almost safer than ever, according to the latest statistics from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program, the nation’s bible for crime stats.

Despite the recession, despite joblessness, despite guns and drugs and Al Qaeda, murder, rape, robbery and assault dropped 4% in 2011.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-crime-...

Think you know about crime in the U.S.? Think again | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Final Victory is Certain.

Submitted by David Robertson on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 08:55
    Events

From the very outset of this campaign I have seen parallels between the Ron Paul Revolution and certain scriptures. One reason for observing this is that America is the land where the 13 tribes of Israel have been regathered (the 13 original States are a picture of this). Many of the events in the history of America are prophetically linked to the history of ancient Israel. America is also derived from two old Saxon words, 'ric' meaning kingdom and 'amer' meaning heaven. America therefore stands for the Kingdom of Heaven. At the same time it was named for an Italian explorer called Amerigo Vespucci. This is how God conceals what He is doing from the eyes of men.

If you would like to delve more deeply into this here is a booklet to read online:

http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/COLDFUSION/booklet.cfm?PI...
    This past week, May 14 - May 17, 2012, has been a testing time, a time of sifting and separation in the ranks of the Revolution. On May 18 we enter a new phase of the campaign.

In spite of our hopes, most of us realised I think that there was never the possibility that the Presidency could be won by the numbers of voters since the majority of the people are fast asleep and the system is rigged against us. The victory must come by the few not the many so that it might be seen that it is the LORD God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Commander of the Armies of Heaven, the Lord of Hosts, who has given us the victory.

The Biblical story that is being re-enacted at this time is the defeat of the Midianites (strife, contention, warmongering), Amalekites (valley people, covetous and of debased and corrupt morals) and the people of the east (the place of sin and wickedness) by Gideon and the 300 warriors chosen by God. (The number 300 is 3 which stands for Divine Fullness and Perfection multiplied by 100 which stands for God's Election of Grace, Children of Promise.)

The name that was given to Gideon by his father was Jerub-Baal because he pulled down the altar of the false god Baal that his father was worshipping. This name means "let Baal contend" a challenge to the false deity and its worshippers. It is these worshippers that Gideon was called by God to defeat in battle.

It was because the people of Israel (America) had fallen into apostasy and were worshipping Baal and Ashtoreth (Money Power and Sex) the false deities of their enemies that God gave them into the power of these enemies (the owners of the Federal Reserve System) for a time.

The name Gideon itself means "hewer" which means one who hews or fells trees. This can also be understood as one who destroys false idols or false beliefs or those who adhere to such beliefs. As John the Baptist said "Even now the ax is laid at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

The following is both an historical account and a parable or analogy and should be understood as such.

Here is the story as it is told in the book of the Judges:

"Gideon Reduces the Ranks

7:1 Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and his men got up the next morning and camped near the spring of Harod. The Midianites were camped north of them near the hill of Moreh in the valley. 7:2 The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men for me to hand Midian over to you. Israel might brag, ‘Our own strength has delivered us.’ 7:3 Now, announce to the men, ‘Whoever is shaking with fear may turn around and leave Mount Gilead.’” Twenty-two thousand men went home; ten thousand remained. 7:4 The Lord spoke to Gideon again, “There are still too many men. Bring them down to the water and I will thin the ranks some more.

When I say, ‘This one should go with you,’ pick him to go; when I say, ‘This one should not go with you,’ do not take him.” 7:5 So he brought the men down to the water. Then the Lord said to Gideon, “Separate those who lap the water as a dog laps from those who kneel to drink.” 7:6 Three hundred men lapped; the rest of the men kneeled to drink water. 7:7 The Lord said to Gideon, “With the three hundred men who lapped I will deliver the whole army and I will hand Midian over to you. The rest of the men should go home.” 7:8 The men who were chosen took supplies and their trumpets. Gideon sent all the men of Israel back to their homes; he kept only three hundred men. Now the Midianites were camped down below in the valley.

Gideon Reassured of Victory
    7:9 That night the Lord said to Gideon, “Get up! Attack the camp, for I am handing it over to you. 7:10 But if you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with Purah your servant 7:11 and listen to what they are saying. Then you will be brave and attack the camp.” So he went down with Purah his servant to where the sentries were guarding the camp. 7:12 Now the Midianites, Amalekites, and the people from the east covered the valley like a swarm of locusts. Their camels could not be counted; they were as innumerable as the sand on the seashore. 7:13 When Gideon arrived, he heard a man telling another man about a dream he had. The man said, “Look! I had a dream. I saw a stale cake of barley bread rolling into the Midianite camp. It hit a tent so hard it knocked it over and turned it upside down. The tent just collapsed.” 7:14 The other man said, “Without a doubt this symbolizes the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God is handing Midian and all the army over to him.”

Gideon Routs the Enemy
    7:15 When Gideon heard the report of the dream and its interpretation, he praised God. Then he went back to the Israelite camp and said, “Get up, for the Lord is handing the Midianite army over to you!” 7:16 He divided the three hundred men into three units. He gave them all trumpets and empty jars with torches inside them. 7:17 He said to them, “Watch me and do as I do. Watch closely! I am going to the edge of the camp. Do as I do! 7:18 When I and all who are with me blow our trumpets, you also blow your trumpets all around the camp. Then say, ‘For the Lord and for Gideon!’”

7:19 Gideon took a hundred men to the edge of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just after they had changed the guards. They blew their trumpets and broke the jars they were carrying. 7:20 All three units blew their trumpets and broke their jars. They held the torches in their left hand and the trumpets in their right. Then they yelled, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” 7:21 They stood in order all around the camp. The whole army ran away; they shouted as they scrambled away. 7:22 When the three hundred men blew their trumpets, the Lord caused the Midianites to attack one another with their swords throughout the camp."

Gideon Rejects a Crown
    8:22 The men of Israel said to Gideon, “Rule over us – you, your son, and your grandson. For you have delivered us from Midian’s power.” 8:23 Gideon said to them, “I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you. The Lord will rule over you.”

This last statement is the condition of true Liberty. When men reject God, the Lord Jesus Christ, they unwittingly reject Liberty. God then gives them men to rule them who reflect the lawless condition of their own hearts and who oppress them.

In verse 7.1 above the enemies of Israel/America are encamped in the valley near to the hill of Moreh. This indicates that the oppressors of Israel/America are themselves debased and corrupt but above them is Moreh (the Teacher). In other words they have been sent by God to teach Israel/America a lesson and to bring them to repentance, a change of mind and world view. Everything that happens in our lives has this purpose: to teach us the Way of God whether as individuals or as a people.

America has been in captivity to the owners of the Federal Reserve System for almost one hundred years but the day of deliverance is at hand. Even the powers of this world must bow to the sovereignty of the Lord Jesus Christ. They have been weighed in the balance and found wanting just as was Belshazzar, the last king of Babylon in 537 B.C..

In allegory, Gideon and his 300 warriors represent Ron Paul and his National delegates who further represent the Lord Jesus Christ and His brethren, the sons of God, who will soon be revealed in the overwhelming power and majesty of the Kingdom of God that is shortly to be manifest in the Earth. This is the meaning of the breaking of the clay jars to reveal the light in 7.20 above. In 7.22 the trumpets are symbolic of an announcement. In allegory again, I have always seen this event happening at the Convention in Tampa when the delegates of Ron Paul reveal their true identity. At the same time there will also be announcements that will cause terror among the enemies of Israel/America and cause them to turn on one another.

[The Ron Paul National delegates are not these sons of God but a living historic analogy of them just like the 300 warriors of Gideon and all the related stories in the Bible. There may well be among them those who are indeed sons of God who will partake of the first resurrection but not all are these chosen few. When I say "analogy" I do not mean that they are not part of God's plans, they are, as are we all. However they are manifesting in the Earth that which has already been determined in Heaven and at the same time prophetically representing further events yet to take place just as did the events and teachings recorded in the Bible.]

UPDATE 10 June 2012
    On June 6, 2012 Dr. Paul sent out an email that caused a bit of a stir. (It is interesting to note that June 6th. was D-Day in WWII, the invasion by the Allies of Europe. The movie "The Longest Day" related the events of that day.) In the email he said the following:

"Due to the smart planning of our campaign and the hard work and diligence of supporters like you, we stand to send nearly 200 bound delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. This number shatters the predictions of the pundits and talking heads and shows the seriousness of our movement.

What's more, we will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy.

When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the Convention floor. That is just over 20 percent!"
    Let us examine what this message means:

The delegate count in the email was divided into two portions, 200 who are bound to Dr. Paul and 300 who are bound to Governor Romney. To me this is a very significant announcement that ties in with the article I have written above. First, the 300 delegates tied to Governor Romney are what we like to call "stealth" delegates. This is the precise number in the story of Gideon who are "stealth" warriors.

Second, the number 200 is 2 times 100. As mentioned above the number 100 means God's Election of Grace, Children of Promise and this is linked with two which means Division and Double Witness. We know that the delegate count given by Dr. Paul was divided in two and the 300 is of course the double witness. The number 500 is 5 times 100 and this is in itself is another double witness since 5 means Grace and Favour while 100 means God's Election of Grace and the Children of Promise. The number 20, as in 20 percent of all the delegates, means Redemption which means being bought out, delivered from bondage or released from being bound and set free. This is always by the Grace of God.

"The number 20 appears 288 times in the Bible. This is of particular interest, because there are two groups of 144,000 in the book of Revelation. The first group is in Revelation 7, and these are pictured as warriors being sealed by their captain. It was a custom in those days that warriors who emerged from battle unscathed were given a mark on their forehead to signify that they had been divinely protected. This is the meaning given in Ezekiel 9:4 as well." (The Meaning of Numbers by Dr. Stephen E. Jones)

In order to win the nomination it will be necessary for Dr. Paul to secure the votes of 1144 delegates. The number 1144 is 1000+ 144. 1000 is the Glory of God, Completeness, 144 is the First Resurrection of the Saints. These are both pointing to the next imminent major revelation of God to mankind, the manifestation of the sons of God when the knowledge of the glory of the LORD will cover the Earth as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14)
    This is a very powerful message and could not have been known to Dr. Paul. The emphasis is completely on God's Grace and HIS ELECTION OF GRACE and the coming Kingdom of God which I believe is being foreshadowed in many events in the world today including this Presidential campaign.

We know how much serious opposition we have experienced in this Election Cycle so far. We know that we have been sifted and sorted by all kinds of events. Now God is telling us what all of us must know in our hearts: Victory will be entirely by God's Grace. I realize that in the natural course of events it is hard to believe that Dr. Paul can win the nomination and the Presidency. That is because in the natural course of events this WOULD be impossible. But this is not a natural event it is a supernatural one and with God all things are possible.

Final Victory is Certain. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

5 ways Ron Paul wins in Tampa

Submitted by liberty_because on Mon, 06/18/2012 - 18:17
    Ron Paul 2012
    Oregon

1. In Tampa Stealth Delegates of sufficient numbers vote their conscience and vote for Ron.

2. The law suit unbinds all delegates and Paul has the majority of delegates.

3. Willard "RICO" Romney does something stupid or gets busted for past crimes making Ron the presumptive nominee..Could happen...

4. The first thing they do in Tampa is vote on the rules. All the delegates vote on the rules so they could easily make a motion to vote to change the rules so delegates are unbound and Paul has the majority of delegates.

5. On the first vote in Tampa Romney does not get the necessary amount and so it goes to a second or third vote and Paul wins.

It just aint over folks.

Ron Paul for President.

VOTE Paul!

5 ways Ron Paul wins in Tampa | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

April
    Ask Romney to stand against Obama AMNESTY for Illegals!

Take ACTION NOW!

Go here:

http://www.alipac.us/f8/ask-mitt-rom...4/#post1287866

Time to Concentrate on what's important again. IDAHO and OREGON State and District Conventions June 21st-23rd

Submitted by sovereignjanice on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 09:23
    Delegates
    Idaho

IDAHO:
    Thursday 21 June - Saturday 23 June 2012: at the College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls.

No later than 30 days before the State Convention, each Presidential candidate prepares a list of proposed National Convention delegates. 80% of the the National Convention delegates ( 80% of 32 = 25.6 which rounds to 26 delegates ) are selected from this list. 20% ( 20% of 32 = 6.4 which rounds to 6 delegates ) are elected by the Nominations Committee. [Rules Article VI Section 7:]
    ... Delegates ... shall be obliged on the first ballot taken at the Republican National Convention to vote for the candidate who nominated them, provided any Delegates selected as representing the "uncommitted" choice shall be free to cast their vote for any candidate whose name has been placed in nomination before the Republican National Convention. In the event of death or withdrawal ... or release of Delegates by a candidate prior to the first ballot ... Delegates committed to such a candidate ... become uncommitted [Rule Article VI Sections 8 & 9]. There is still controversy on the possibility of our delegates being replaced if they vote for Paul if bound to Romney. Looking into running as UNCOMMITTED should be something to seriously look into.
    BYLAWS: http://idgop.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Idaho-GOP-Rules-...
    CONVENTION LOCATION, RULES, AGENDA, ETC.:
    State Convention | Idaho GOPIdaho GOP
    --------------------------
    OREGON:
    Saturday 23 June 2012: District Conventions. Delegates to the 5 District Conventions elect the National Convention Delegates according to the results of the primary. There are 4 ballots in each CD: 1 for each of the 3 Congressional District delegates (total 5 districts × 3 delegates = 15 delegates) and 1 for the statewide At-Large delegates (total 10 delegates). The delegate candidate(s) receiving the most votes will attend the National Convention.

Each person selected as a delegate ... shall sign a pledge that he/she shall vote at the National Convention for the candidate for the President of the United States he/she favors until the candidate is: (1) nominated; (2) receives less than 35% of the votes for nomination at the convention; (3) releases the delegate from the pledge; or (4) until two convention nominating ballots have been taken. Should a delegate ... refuse to cast his/her vote in accordance with this pledge ... the Chairman of the Oregon delegation ... shall report to the convention floor that delegate's vote in accordance with such laws and rules until such time as that delegate is released from his/her pledge. [Oregon Republican Party Bylaws ARTICLE XVII Section B.; State Law (ORS 248.315)] This is more crap from the GOP and evidence that we need to be the majority at Oregon's convention. I can't find anything saying the the punishment is that a Romney allocated delegate voting for Paul can be removed, but I STRONGLY suggest reading as much into your state's laws/bylaws because you can never be prepared enough.
    BYLAWS: http://www.oregonrepublicanparty.org/sites/default/files/ORP...
    FIND YOUR CONVENTION:
    First Congressional District Convention Location:
    Shilo Inn Beaverton - 9900 SW Canyon Road, Beaverton, OR 97225
    Chairman: Jeff Smith (503) 407-8684
    ORP Staff Liaison: Kevin Hoar (503) 595-8881

Second Congressional District Convention Location:
    Shilo Inn Bend - 3105 O.B. Riley Road, Bend 97701
    Chairman: Tiny Robertson (541) 772-9364
    ORP Staff Liaison: Jordan Conger (541) 633-9719

Third Congressional District Convention Location:
    Portland Airport Embassy Suite Hotel - 7900 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97220
    Chairman: Jim Parker (503) 225-9251
    ORP Staff Liaison: Andy Scott (503) 869-7612

Fourth Congressional District Convention Location:
    Umpqua Community College - 1140 Umpqua College Rd, Roseburg, OR 97470
    Chairman: Bob Avery (541) 632-4063
    ORP Staff Liaison: Terri Moffett (541) 998-6439

Fifth Congressional District Convention Location:
    West Salem High School - 1776 Titan Drive NW, West Salem, OR 97304
    Chairman: Jeff Kubler (541) 224-6158
    ORP Staff Liaison: Greg Leo (503) 804-6391
    --------------------------

Now is the time for grassroots leaders to both email AND call all the people on their contact list and ask them if they need a ride to the convention. You guys should have all the contact info so it really is on your shoulders.
    I'm not in either state so I don't know everything you can do, but NOW is the time to kick into full gear!
    ---------------------------
    Please leave any relevant information in the comment section below
    ---------------------------
    Unrelated but important: ♠ Chip-In to the last ditch effort to get Romney's National Delegates from Illinois to consider Ron Paul in Tampa http://www.dailypaul.com/241023/chip-in-to-the-last-ditch-ef...

â™* Time to Concentrate on what's important again. IDAHO and OREGON State and District Conventions June 21st-23rd | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

The Inverted Stars on the GOP logo. Is there an official answer?

Submitted by jhawkins on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 16:38in
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Does anyone on the Daily Paul know why the stars on the Republican Party Elephant Symbol were changed?

Has there ever been an official explanation for this?

Satanic Stars On Republican Party Elephant Symbol - YouTube

Check out this huge flag from the Hillary campaign in 2008.

You'll find the same thing. Upside down stars.

The Satanic US Flag of Hillary Clinton - YouTube

The Inverted Stars on the GOP logo. Is there an official answer? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Rand Paul responds to Romney comments on attacking Iran without congressional approval

Submitted by ron_paul_is_awesome on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 15:50
    Rand Paul

Opposing Unconstitutional Wars

By Sen. Rand Paul
    June 19, 2012 4:00 P.M.

Much has been speculated and written since my endorsement of Mitt Romney for president. Many in the liberty movement and my longtime supporters wondered if, as a result of endorsing someone for office, I would stand up to them when they went astray.

The question to me is as strange as the answer is simple: Yes, strongly. Every time.

I have always done what I believe and I have never been blinded by party. In my time in the United States Senate, I have opposed the USA Patriot Act, voted against the NDAA over indefinite detention, fought to end mandatory minimum drug sentences, and voted against my party’s official budget because it didn’t cut enough spending.

I introduced a resolution against an unconstitutional war in Libya, and tried to repeal the authorization for the unconstitutional war before that in Iraq.

I don’t believe any fair look at my record will show blind partisanship — or partisanship of any kind. I have worked with Senate Democrats on civil liberties, and the House Black Caucus on the drug war. I have fought alongside the ACLU on civil liberties, and at times, I have fought all by myself on federalism issues.

I endorsed Governor Romney for many reasons, not the least of which is that we simply cannot afford four more years of President Obama. Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, an out-of-control EPA and NLRB, and trillion-dollar deficits are combining to strangle our economy. I am afraid if that chokehold is not released quickly, our country may quickly follow Europe into destruction. Anyone who doesn’t believe there is a difference between the two candidates on economic issues is simply not looking or not being honest with their assessments.

Where I don’t know if there is as much of a difference as I would like is foreign policy.

Let’s first be clear: President Obama was elected on a platform of ending wars, yet he has opposed every effort made by me and others in the Senate to do that. He opposed my resolution to end the Iraq War. He has refused my urgings to end the war in Afghanistan more quickly. He started another war in Libya, and this time went further into unconstitutional territory than previous presidents by not even seeking Congressional approval whatsoever.

I opposed him when he did that. Anyone who believes President Obama is less aggressive internationally than his predecessors is mistaken.

I do not yet know if I will find a Romney presidency more acceptable on foreign policy. But I do know that I must oppose the most recent statements made by Mitt Romney in which he says he, as president, could take us to war unilaterally with Iran, without any approval from Congress. His exact words were:
    I can assure you if I’m president, the Iranians will have no question but that I will be willing to take military action if necessary to prevent them from becoming a nuclear threat to the world. I don’t believe at this stage, therefore, if I’m president that we need to have a war powers approval or special authorization for military force. The president has that capacity now.
    This is a misreading of the role of the president and Congress in declaring war.

The Constitution clearly states that it is Congress that has the power to declare war, not the president. The War Powers Act also clearly states that U.S. forces are to engage in hostilities only if the circumstances are “pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.”

Absent these criteria, the president has no authority to declare war.

Even if the president believes he has such authority, the War Powers Act goes on to require the president to seek congressional approval within 60 days of conflict.

No president is above the law or above the Constitution.

Our Founding Fathers were quite concerned about giving the power to declare war to the executive. They were quite concerned that the executive could rule like a king.

Before sending our young men and women into combat, we should have a mature and thoughtful debate over the ramifications, the authorization, and the motives of the war. James Madison wrote that the Constitution supposes what history demonstrates, that the executive is the branch most interested in war and most prone to it. The Constitution, therefore, with studied care vested that power in the legislature.

I will hold accountable and oppose any actions from any president, Republican or Democrat, if he declares war without congressional consent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/303298/opposing-unconst...

Rand Paul responds to Romney comments on attacking Iran without congressional approval | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov’t Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Submitted by sumwoman on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 15:07
    Current Events

GLOBAL ELITES THROWN OUT OF ICELAND:

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Government Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Last week 9 people were arrested in London and Reykjavik for their possible responsibility for Iceland’s financial collapse in 2008, a deep crisis which developed into an unprecedented public reaction that is changing the country’s direction.

It has been a revolution without weapons in Iceland, the country that hosts the world’s oldest democracy (since 930), and whose citizens have managed to effect change by going on demonstrations and banging pots and pans. Why have the rest of the Western countries not even heard about it? - read more at link below

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov’t Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov

Ron Paul says "no way" when asked if he is ready to endorse romney

Submitted by amc1953 on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 15:36
    Ron Paul 2012

I just watched Dr. Paul on CNN and he said no way when Wolfe ask him if he was ready to support Romney. Dr. Paul seemed to be speaking with a strong confident voice today when asked about Syria, the lawsuit, and the endorsement

Ron Paul says "no way" when asked if he is ready to endorse romney | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012