Page 554 of 740 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Politico: RP in much better $ spot than past contenders

Submitted by egapele on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 08:37
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

As if we should all be shocked - you mean Ron Paul didn't rack up massive amounts of debt?

The comment section of this article is stellar!

"Ron Paul raised 1.78M in May"

By DAVE LEVINTHAL | 6/19/12 7:37 AM EDT Updated: 6/19/12 8:01 AM EDT

Although Ron Paul effectively ended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination weeks ago, you wouldn’t know by his fundraising.

During May, Paul raised $1.78 million and ended the month with nearly $3.3 million in the bank — more than he had at the end of April — with no debt, according to newly filed federal campaign finance reports.

While that’s a pittance compared with presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney’s cash stash, Paul’s financial position remains significantly better than those of fellow former contenders Rick Santorum or Newt Gingrich, who both owe creditors millions of dollars.
    Link: Ron Paul raised $1.78M in May - Dave Levinthal - POLITICO.com

Politico: RP in much better $ spot than past contenders | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-19-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Report From Texas

Submitted by tcwillis79 on Sat, 06/09/2012 - 20:42

Delegates

Texas

I just arrived back in Austin from the Texas state convention. What a crazy several days that was. I'f first like to extend a special thank you to all the delegates who showed up early to testify to the various rules and platform committees. We made some meaningful inroads there.

I also think Chairman Steve Munistiri (not sure of the spelling) did an excellent job running a fair, transparent, and civil convention. He's one of the good guys. In addition to that, the work he did prior to the convention returning the TX GOP to fiscal solvency allowed us to keep our convention going well into the night. I can only imagine how tired the Oklahoma folks were after their ordeal.

Of course the real question is How'd we do? Truthfully, its hard to say. Texas has a lot of delegates and they are chosen in a fairly complicated fashion. Each Congressional district chooses three people to go to convention, and each senate district nominates somebody to the National nominations committee, which in turn recommends people to fill the at-large delegates.

The strategy at the convention was to keep a low profile, so its difficult to know who was & wasn't a Paul supporter (although it was quite fun when you discover somebody in your district that is). I truly believe that Texas is very ripe for a libertarian revolution. Even many of the establishment types are very close to us ideologically. I expect that if you gave Paul Ryan the text of Ron Paul's convention speech, it would have brought the house down.

The party as a whole is very suspicious of our movement. You can see them whispering and pointing to each other as the mumble something about "one of those Ron Paul people" that said, I am confident that at least 1/3 of those in attendance were solidly in the Paul camp. If we keep up our efforts I have no doubt we will own this state come 2016. This will be a very long fight, but the momentum is unquestionably in our favor. I don't know what's going to happen over the next four years, I expect it to be very tumultuous. But I am certain that the spirit of 1775 is alive and well in the state of Texas.

We are so close to turning the tide. Congressman Paul has fought this fight for 30 years. Don't any of you dare give it up now. We are in this for the Long haul.

Some other observations:
    - The establishment here is, in no way, enthusiastic about Mitt Romney. If he is indeed the "presumptive nominee" you'd never know it from the convention floor. The few speakers who dared mention his name were greeted with something between groans and light booing. He truly was the candidate that wasn't there.
    - Ted Cruz absolutely owned the convention & I'd be proud to have him as my Senator (especially considering the alternative).
    - Keep your eye on Wes Riddle from Congressional District 25. He looks like he could be my kind of politician.
    - Ron Paul owns 100% of the mohawk delegation. Perhaps we should start sending people w/ clippers to the convention.
    - I was struck by how many old people there were Ron Paul supporters. Don't believe the hype that this is a young persons movement. In Texas, old dogs still learn new tricks.

Report From Texas | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Henry Kissinger headlines Romney event

Comments (27)
    By MAGGIE HABERMAN
    6/18/12 5:01 PM EDT

Of all the foreign policy luminaries still silent on the 2012 race, Henry Kissinger has stood out most to political watchers. He was the lead of a recent Times story about whether people were waiting out the presidential race to see where Mitt Romney stands.

But a reader forwards this invitation featuring Kissinger as the headliner for Romney, along with the candidate's brother, in Connecticut next month.

The event is, of all places, at Trump Tower in Stamford, Conn., on July 12.

Henry Kissinger headlines Mitt Romney fundraiser - POLITICO.com
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-20-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Mitt Romney is Running for Bush's Fourth Term

Submitted by DeejayG on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 04:15
    Videos

Mitt Romney is Running for Bush's Fourth Term | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Obama leads Romney 53 percent to 40 percent among likely voters - Bloomberg

Submitted by We the People on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 06:43
    Ron Paul 2012

Obama leads Romney 53 percent to 40 percent among likely voters, even as the public gives him low marks on handling the economy and the deficit, and six in 10 say the nation is headed down the wrong track, according to the poll conducted June 15- 18.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/obama-leads-in-poll...

Obama leads Romney 53 percent to 40 percent among likely voters - Bloomberg | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

MSNBC Propaganda: 30 INSURGENTS killed in Afghanistan / Ron Paul INSURGENTS seize control of state Republican parties

Submitted by We the People on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 07:34
    MSM Corrections

30 insurgents killed in eastern Afghanistan
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45079379/ns/world_news-south_and...

Somali insurgents seize police headquarters
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24526442/ns/world_news-africa/t/...

Ron Paul insurgents seize control of state Republican parties
    http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/19/12306965-r...

MSNBC Propaganda: 30 INSURGENTS killed in Afghanistan / Ron Paul INSURGENTS seize control of state Republican parties | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov’t Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Submitted by sumwoman on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 15:07
    Current Events

GLOBAL ELITES THROWN OUT OF ICELAND:

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Government Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Last week 9 people were arrested in London and Reykjavik for their possible responsibility for Iceland’s financial collapse in 2008, a deep crisis which developed into an unprecedented public reaction that is changing the country’s direction.

It has been a revolution without weapons in Iceland, the country that hosts the world’s oldest democracy (since 930), and whose citizens have managed to effect change by going on demonstrations and banging pots and pans. Why have the rest of the Western countries not even heard about it? - read more at link below

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov’t Then Arrests All Rothschild Bankers

Iceland Dismantles Corrupt Gov

Virginia State Convention - Election FRAUD committed against the Warren Country Delegation. They are RP Supporters.

Submitted by sharkhearted on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 21:13
    Delegates
    Virginia

Yesterday I had an extensive conversation on the phone, with one of the delegates from the Warren County, Virginia, that was (now I know) defrauded at the convention on Saturday.

Was able to locate this guy when I contacted him and gave him my phone number to call me after he posted on one of my comments on the Daily Paul with these words.

He wrote:

"I am one of those 10 disenfranchised Warren County Delegates. Warren County's 58 delegate votes would have gone to Donna Holt and she would have won by 54 votes, not lose by 4. Wendell Walker (the chairman of the 6th District) sat on the Credentials Committee and was a major reason the Warren County Delegation was not seated. All 10 of us traveled 3 hours for the convention that we should have been seated at. We were all elected delegates at our March 15 mass meeting. We even had a Father of 3 whose wife couldn't come because her mother was jsut admitted to the hospital and he showed up with three small children (ages 2-5) and he was not seated. Warren County had no voice at the convention, even though 10 residents who had done everything they were supposed to showed up."

After reading this, it broke my heart, and it made me tear up. I could visualize that father having to cart his three small children along all the way to the convention.

But I am also seeing RED. What happened was wrong wrong wrong.

There is evidence that from the very top, including RPV Chair, that nobody intervened in this.

From the sloppy stand vote (2/3s majority) nonsense and the Chair's refusal to get an accurate count, to the fact that one of the delegates approached the RPV Chair with the rules showing that only a simple majority is needed with the Chair replying to him, verbatim: "I am not going to look at that right now."

To the evidence that the Chair of the 6th District (where Warren County is located) failed to proceed with the delegates seating...or at least failed to publicly apologize to the entire convention that he messed up, was taking responsibility for his actions, and especially that he, as the Chair failed to prevent 10 adults, some with children, to waste money on gas and drive three hours to a convention (!).

The RPV leadership has wronged and defrauded that delegation, either in some cases, by COMMISSION, by deliberately refusing to seat legitimately elected delegates, and, in other cases, by OMISSION, by refusing to take stronger action on Saturday (such as getting an actual head count vote or intervening to protect these legitimately elected and vetted delegates from Warren County).

The whole thing stinks to high heaven and I told this Delegate that I would--for my failing to give him moral support on the floor on Saturday (had I known...I would have been very vocal on the floor in my opposition)--assist in any way that I can to get this wrong against them made right.

I told him that I hope they use every legal means necessary to rectify the situation.

It bothers me....really bothers me...when people interfere or deliberately block that most sacred NATURAL RIGHT to vote...especially people who have worked so hard in the delegate process.

It bothers me even more that a strong Paul supporter would have unseated the Establishment committeewoman (she lost by two votes) and would be Virginia's new committeewoman, were it not for this chicanery.

And it incenses me that all of these hard-working, dedicated patriots, took time and money out of their day off, some with kids in tow because the wife couldn't come due to a family medical emergency...for them to drive all that way thinking they were to be seated...when the chair of the 6th could have at least apologized and maybe offer to reimburse them for gas for his "mistake"!!

At this point, I do hope the Warren County delegation takes legal action against the RPV for this maltreatment and election fraud.

And at this point, such chicanery, while lost in the overall victory for Paul supporters at the RPV, should not go unpunished.

I still keep thinking back to those people who drove 3 hours and spent money and time and brought their kids because grandma was going in the hospital...it just should not have happened this way.

But then again...unfortunately, this is the norm, not the exception...whether it be AZ, AK, NV, WA, ME, MO, IA, MN, ND, MT, OK, LA, MA, or VA...among others.

Don't worry defrauded delegates...stand firm. You have done nothing wrong. We will make this right for you in Tampa...for you, for our children, and for Lady Liberty.

CHARGE!!!

~Chris
    Norfolk, VA

Virginia State Convention - Election FRAUD committed against the Warren Country Delegation. They are RP Supporters. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

April
    Immediate Action and calls needed here, please help!

http://www.alipac.us/f8/congress-res...2/#post1288268