Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR: IA Drunk Driver Kills Young Mother

Suspect arraigned for DUI crash that killed new mother

Mother of 9-month-old baby killed in Oregon City crash
    04:41 PM PDT on Monday, October 13, 2008
    By kgw.com Staff

OREGON CITY, Ore. -- A 22-year-old man accused of killing the mother of a 9-month-old baby in a drunken driving collision was arraigned Monday afternoon.

Fernando Deanda Moreno appeared in court via closed circuit TV wearing a neck brace from injuries suffered during the crash.

Moreno is being held on $500,000 bail.

The woman killed in the high-speed crash in Oregon City Saturday night was a wonderful mother, the infant's father told KGW Monday.

Kay Blaser, 26, died in the crash and three other people were injured, police said. Initially police were reporting that Blazer was two months pregnant, but on Monday her family and the medical examiner told Newschannel 8 that was incorrect, following an autopsy.

Her 9-month-old son will now be raised by her father, Greg Blaser.

"She was so loving and caring," Greg Blaser said. "Most kids bring home cats and dogs. She always brought home people."

Blaser's fiance, 22-year-old William Sargent, was seriously injured in the crash. He was driving and she was in the front passenger seat when Moreno smashed into the side of their car.

Police said Moreno was speeding and drunk when he ran a stop sign at the intersection of Linn Ave and Davis in Oregon City and killed Blaser.

Blaser was pronounced dead at the scene. Sargent injured his collar bone, neck and back. He was taken by helicopter to Oregon Health and Science University.

Moreno was also taken to OHSU for evaluation. There were two other people in his SUV. One was injured, one was not.

After being released from the hospital, he was arrested on charges of manslaughter and two counts of assault.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/k ... 2a354.html

Inmate Information for DEANDAMORENO, FERNANDO DEJESUS:

http://web3.co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/ ... 2008034881

Maybe I'm missing something but, I don't see where it says he's an illegal alien.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Maybe I'm missing something but, I don't see where it says he's an illegal alien.
    The second link in the post states he is on ICE hold at the jail. Most media outlets will not mention the criminal is an ILLEGAL unless forced!

http://web3.co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/ ... 2008034881

Inmate Information for DEANDAMORENO, FERNANDO DEJESUS

SID #: 17627417

DOB: 9/20/1986

Sex: Male

Race: WHITE

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Weight: 150 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Arrest Date: 10/12/2008

Visiting Hours: TUE 3:00-4:00 PM THU 7:30-8:30 AM

Charge(s) Bail Status
    ORS.163.125 - MANSLAUGHTER II no bail DISMISSED
    ORS.163.175 - ASSAULT II no bail DISMISSED
    ORS.163.175 - ASSAULT II no bail DISMISSED
    ORS.163.125 - MANSLAUGHTER II $500000
    ORS.163.165 - ASSAULT III $0
    ORS.163.165 - ASSAULT III $0
    ORS.813.010 - DRIVING UNDER INFL OF INTOX $0
    ORS.000.002 - ICE HOLD no bail
    Total $500000

Why is there the word "dismissed" next to the most serious of those charges? I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like it means

I also wonder how many other times he has been arrested for drunken driving....under this or some other name. It seems that in cases like these, the culprit has had more than one run in with the law for the same thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks lccat, I didn't see that. I must need new glasses.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Why is there the word "dismissed" next to the most serious of those charges?
    I'm not really sure why dismissed is there. Maybe it means the bail hearing was dismissed??

Kay Blaser, 26, died in the crash and three other people were injured. Her 9-month-old son had his mother ripped from him by an illegal alien.

Move this article to the new Americans Killed by Illegals section.