Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Levy suspect accused of threatening to kill witness

Levy suspect accused of threatening to kill witness

By Keith L. Alexander
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ingmar Guandique, the man accused in the slaying of former federal intern Chandra Levy, threatened to kill a potential witness in the case, prosecutors said at a hearing Friday in D.C. Superior Court.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Fernando Campoamor told Judge Geoffrey M. Alprin that Guandique and members of his Salvadoran gang, MS-13, sent two letters to the witness threatening him and his family if the witness testified at the trial, which is scheduled for Jan. 27.

Guandique's attorneys say the witness wrote at least one of the letters, and they are seeking handwriting samples.

Guandique, 28, was arrested in April and charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Levy, who disappeared in May 2001. If found guilty, Guandique could be sentenced to life in prison.

Guandique, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, has been serving a 10-year sentence for attacking two women at knife point in Rock Creek Park about the same time that Levy disappeared. Levy's body was found in the park a year after she disappeared.

Prosecutors said Guandique told people that he and two other gang members killed Levy in the park. Guandique later said he killed his two accomplices.

But Guandique's attorneys said that their client is innocent and that there is no DNA evidence linking Guandique to the crime scene. They say prosecutors based their case primarily on confessions from jailhouse informants. The witness who was threatened is one of those.

Levy's disappearance generated international attention because she had been having an affair with then-Rep. Gary A. Condit (D-Calif.), who represented the district that includes her home town of Modesto.

www.washingtonpost.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just like the gangsters from years ago...they threaten witnesses' lives. So...illegal aliens are supposedly afraid to speak up when they're victims or witnesses if we enforce our immigration laws and now American citizens will be afraid to speak up because we don't.

ELE
    Speak out Americans or soon you won't be able to do so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I fail to understand why we waste money and resources to imprison these types of people. Send them packing back to their homelands and let them deal with the criminal. It would be a lot cheaper!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I fail to understand why we waste money and resources to imprison these types of people. Send them packing back to their homelands and let them deal with the criminal. It would be a lot cheaper!
    deportation is like throwing a salmon back downstream. the best recourse is to jail or execute and bill Mexico/wherever for the costs.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    uniteasone, I have a much better/cheaper idea but it can't be printed here.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I know what you mean Texasborn. About the same as usmcvet had mentioned......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

wow now even more charges for this pathetic piece of human garbage

Tell me we are not turning into a 3rd would corrupt country!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MS-13 gang threatens witness in Chandra Levy case
    November 1, 8:21 PM
    Norfolk Crime Examiner
    Dave Gibson

On Friday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Fernando Campoamor told a judge in D.C Superior Court that accused murderer and gang member Ingmar Guandique, 28, along with members of the MS-13 gang threatened to kill a witness and his family, if he testifies at Guandique’s January trial.

A Salvadoran national in this country illegally, Guandique was arrested last April for the murder of missing intern Chandra Levy, who disappeared in 2001. Her skeletal remains were discovered a year later in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park.

At the time of his arrest for the Levy murder, he was already in prison for the assault of two other women in Washington D.C. He was actually arrested only a few days after Levy’s disappearance on burglary charges, though law enforcement was aware of his illegal status, Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not notified due to the District’s sanctuary policy.

More and more, the issue of crime attributed to illegal aliens is and should be on the minds of millions of Americans.

While Chandra Levy may be the most well known American who has been killed by an illegal alien, she is only one in a staggeringly large and ever-growing group.

In 2005, the Government Accountability Office announced the results of a study which examined the criminal history of 55,322 illegal aliens who were incarcerated in federal, state, and local institutions during the year 2003.

The results of that aforementioned study follow:

The 55,322 illegal aliens in the study accounted for a total of 459,614 arrests (or eight arrests per illegal alien). Their arrests represented a total of nearly 700,000 criminal offenses (or 13 offenses per illegal alien). 36 percent of those studied had been arrested at least five times previously.

www.examiner.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast