Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    I can't remember who on this board came up with the idea of a Wall with ribbons on it for every American who died at the hands of an illegal.

We need to get that Wall up and put instances like this on it. On a regular basis, send an update to the congress with the names/pictures/ribbons. Maybe then, theyll figure out which way is up!!
    Sounds like a good idea, maybe we should use red ribbons for the American Blood these criminals have shed?

Take a look at what I posted earlier below.

Illegal Aliens Are Nation’s Most Lethal Drivers

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/ho ... ?id=494798

Comments being left after this article at the source link.
    ~~~

Friday, 07/20/07

Mandolin maker's killer had been deported 14 times

By SHEILA BURKE
    Staff Writer

An illegal immigrant convicted in a fatal drunk driving wreck in Nashville had been deported from the U.S. three times and allowed to leave voluntarily on eleven other occasions before the accident that claimed the life of a local guitar maker.

The revelation came during testimony by a federal agent at a sentencing hearing today for Julio Villasana. It was not immediately clear how he managed to re-enter the U.S.

Villasana, 34, was convicted of killing Charlie Derrington in the Aug. 1, 2006, wreck.

Derrington was a noted mandolin maker for Gibson Musical Instruments who reconstructed bluegrass legend Bill Monroe's prized instrument. He had been riding his motorcycle on Briley Parkway north of Nashville when he collided with Villasana’s car, which had been traveling in the wrong direction.

Villasana, who at the time lived in Louisville, Ky., fled the scene but was arrested later on suspicion of drunken driving, police said.

Derrington was the production manager of Nashville-based Gibson's mandolin division. He reassembled Monroe's favorite 1925 Gibson mandolin after it was smashed to pieces by a burglar in his home. The instrument is now on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

The testimony about the deportations was given by an agent from the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Other witnesses, including relatives of the victim, were giving victim impact statements.

Villasana is expected to be sentenced after the testimony.

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs. ... 3/70720020
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It just seems like there should be some way to start a lawsuit about this.

It seems money is all the politicians understand, let's take some of theirs - or at least make them think about it.

Maybe the federal government can't be sued, but what about the people whose job it is to do this. I mean on a personal basis - like Chertoff and others?

There has got to be a way.

The councilman in Farmer's Branch that spearheaded their anti-illegal law is a personal injury lawyer, I think. Think he might want to take it on? Or team up with others to take it on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal immigrant sentenced to 25 years in fatal DUI wreck

Saturday, 07/21/07

Illegal immigrant sentenced to 25 years in fatal DUI wreck

By SHEILA BURKE
    Staff Writer

An illegal immigrant convicted in a fatal DUI wreck on Friday described the U.S. as a great country and apologized to the family of the renowned Nashville mandolin maker he killed.

But Julio Villasana's words did little to reduce the pain felt by the widow of Charlie Derrington, who died in an August 2006 head-on collision as he rode home on his motorcycle along Briley Parkway.

After his comments, Villasana was sentenced to 25 years in prison for causing the accident by being drunk and driving the wrong way into oncoming traffic. A federal agent who testified during the hours-long hearing said Villasana, 34, had been deported from the U.S. 14 times before the deadly wreck, only to return each time.

He had four previous DUI arrests.

"I don't know how that can happen," said Derrington's wife, Susan. "I'm very much in favor of closing the borders."

Loss is still painful

Losing her husband of 24 years, she said, has been almost unbearable.

"Just getting out of bed at times has been a daunting task," Susan Derrington said. "I missed two months of work because I could barely function."

Under Tennessee law, Villasana must serve 30 percent, or 7½ years, of the sentence before becoming eligible for parole.

"I just don't know that there's anything short of a maximum sentence that can protect the citizens from Mr. Villasana's outright disregard and flagrant violations of the laws of the state of Tennessee," Davidson County Criminal Court Judge Mark Fishburn said in imposing the sentence.

Villasana's blood-alcohol level was more than four times the legal limit when he crashed into Derrington's motorcycle on Briley in west Nashville.

Witnesses told police that he laughed as he fled the scene of the crash.

Villasana denied laughing and fleeing, but Davidson County Assistant District Attorney General Kathy Morante reminded him that he had agreed with those statements when he pleaded guilty.

Charlie Derrington, 51, was the production manager of Nashville-based Gibson Musical Instrument's mandolin division.

He reassembled bluegrass legend Bill Monroe's prized 1925 Gibson mandolin after it was smashed by a burglar in the musician's home.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /1001/NEWS

Move to new section for Americans Killed By illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12