Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teenager Dead, 2 Others Injured in Hit-and-Run (UPDATED)

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-h ... 3358.story

ASHEBORO, N.C. (WGHP) - A man has been charged with felony death by motor vehicle, felony serious injury by motor vehicle, three counts of felony hit-and-run and DWI after police said he ran into four people walking on the side of the road. A teenager later died from her injuries.

Jesus Gonzalez Morales, 27, of Candor, was arrested around 5:30 a.m. Sunday.

Detectives said Morales was driving north on Cox Street with a stolen 1997 Ford Explorer when he ran into four pedestrians near Dorsett Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

Brittany Blakely, 18, died at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. Christopher Clanton, 17, is still at Baptist with serious injuries, and Megan Potaznick, 20, was treated and released from Randolph Hospital. A fourth person was uninjured.

Potaznick said the group had just left the Waffle House and crossed the street when she felt something clip her arm.

"We weren't on the road. We were on the grass. I didn't even know what was happening. I thought someone was being thrown from the car, not knowing it was one of my friends," Potaznick said.

"Justice needs to be served. He took such an amazing person out of this world, and he has to live with that for the rest of his life," Potaznick said.

Charges include three counts of felony hit and run, DWI, possession of a stolen vehicle, and driving with a suspended license. The district attorney will determine if Morales will face any more charges after Blakely died of her injuries.

Morales is being held in the Randolph County Jail on $587,000 secured bond.

It is not known when Morales is scheduled to appear in court.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The charge should be MURDER, he commited this while in possesion of a stolen car... GRAND THEFT AUTO.

On a side note, thanks Bev... another innocent is murdered due to your open State policy. Hell most of this State is a Sanctuary for invaders.

This illegal alien has been charged with over 14 crimes since 2004. (couple times on drinking and driving charges)

WHY HAS HE NOT BEEN DEPORTED BEFORE THIS?

I see they wait till they kill someone BEFORE ACTION is taken!

Get Bev Perdue out of office

Ooooops..Bev is under SBI and FBI investigation as well

NC: Teenager Dead, 2 Others Injured in Hit-and-Run
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-216190.html

UPDATED VERSION

ASHEBORO, N.C. (WGHP) - A man with numerous convictions has been charged with felony death by motor vehicle, felony serious injury by motor vehicle, three counts of felony hit-and-run and DWI after police said he ran into four people walking on the side of the road. A teenager later died from her injuries.

Jesus Gonzalez Morales, 27, of Candor, was arrested around 5:30 a.m. Sunday at his apartment, according to police.

Detectives said Morales was driving north on Cox Street with a stolen 1997 Ford Explorer when he ran into four pedestrians near Dorsett Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

Brittany Blakely, 18, died at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. Christopher Clanton, 17, is still at Baptist with serious injuries, and Megan Potaznick, 20, was treated and released from Randolph Hospital. A fourth person was uninjured.

According to the state criminal record database, Morales has been in trouble with the law before. Since 2004, Morales has been charged with various drunken driving offenses, assault charges and making harassing phone calls.

The Montgomery County Clerk of Courts said Morales had been charged at least 14 times there since 2004.

Jennifer Clanton-Johnson fights back tears as she talks about her 17-year-old son, Chris.

"He has a head injury in the back of his head, there is some blood but they have been able to control it with medication, he has a broken arm and thumb, he had a broken tibia," she said.

Clanton-Johnson said her son's fiancee was a "beautiful girl".

"She just graduated high school, wanted to be a photographer, she never met a stranger she loved everybody," said Clanton-Johnson.

Potaznick said the group had just left the Waffle House and crossed the street when she felt something clip her arm.

"We weren't on the road. We were on the grass. I didn't even know what was happening. I thought someone was being thrown from the car, not knowing it was one of my friends," Potaznick said.

"Justice needs to be served. He took such an amazing person out of this world, and he has to live with that for the rest of his life," Potaznick said.

Charges include three counts of felony hit and run, DWI, possession of a stolen vehicle, and driving with a suspended license. The district attorney will determine if Morales will face any more charges after Blakely died of her injuries.

Morales, who police say is an illegal alien , is being held in the Randolph County Jail on $587,000 secured bond.

It is not known when Morales is scheduled to appear in court.

The Montgomery County Clerk of Courts said Morales had been charged at least 14 times there since 2004.
    14 crimes already?! Can someone explain why this illegal alien wasnt deported before this happened? Is this the kind of treatment that Americans derserve from their government? Our elected officials are playing roulette with of all us by letting miilions of illegal aliens remain in the country just because they havent committed a terrible crime YET.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wonder what the judge will do about the ILLEGAL'S bail; he needs to be careful and not set it too high the ILLEGAL may have plans before the trail.

I am so angry words will not work. Shame on GWB and OBUMMER.

It's almost like Mexico new when all our assets were abroad and did ANOTHER silent invasion................
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

In AZ they're held without bond if they're illegal. This law should be everywhere so they have to be held for ICE no matter what and can't bond out.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast