Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Re Puerto Rico. Citizens can vote in primaries but not in the general presidential election. And while statehood has been mentioned before, it has been turned down a few times by the people. DC doesn't have statehood either. In both cases it is about taxation without representation, but the Puerto Ricans have been given the choice and rejected it.
    Thanks Vortex. I know I need to study up on Puerto Rico but I had no time to research today. What you wrote stirred my memory up and I do remember now that Puerto Ricans were the ones that didn't want statehood.

Yes, she must go for I don't believe she is intelligent enough to be in that position. Besides, I don't think she has any intention of protecting our borders. No wonder our health care is in such a MESS, e have been giving FREE medical to ILLEGAL aliens for a LONG time.

Welcome, Doris!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Worried American-Will you explain to me why Puerto Rico shouldn't become a state? Puerto Ricans are US citizens. Just because they are of spanish descent doesn't mean that they are like the illegal aliens we have here from south of the border. It also doesn't mean that they will ALL vote Democrat.
    Does my explaination make any sense to you Mayday?

There are 3.6 million people in Puerto Rico that we would HAVE to insure
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Puerto Ricans pay federal payroll taxes, like Medicare and SS. They also have their private insurers just like this country, while they already do provide free or low cost help for the poor.
    WA, have you seen anything that says that this healthcare reform will also apply to places like Puerto Rico, a territory, or any of the protectorates like Guam?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123