Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Calls for Panel Investigation of Mayhem at UNC

ALIPAC Calls for Panel Investigation of Mayhem at UNC

In response to UNC Professor Paul Cuadros's political attack piece, which ran in last Sunday's paper titled "America's tug of war", I would point out that Cuadros's printed comments exemplify much of what is wrong in both the immigration debates and the national scandal that recently tarnished the image of both UNC and the state of North Carolina.

First, Paul Cuadros engages in the same tactics used by the illegal alien supporters at UNC by launching personal attacks at those he disagrees with politically and by trying to suppress free speech through sheer ruthlessness and false information.

It is entirely inappropriate for anyone to launch personal attacks as those lobbied against me and Ron Woodard. Accusing Ron of wearing an undertaker's suit and claiming that UNC instructors were embarrassed that both of us ever attended UNC as students.

Cuadros tries to distract from and degrade the debate by criticizing menswear and speaking on behalf of the University to condemn prior students because of their political opinions. If that is the way he acts towards past students who are now adults, can you imagine the kind of political pressure he and other professors like him exert on the young active UNC student population?

While I applaud Chancellor Holden Thorp's announcement that investigations will be launched to seek appropriate disciplinary measures against the students at UNC who resorted to the mob rule tactics of violence and destruction to suppress free speech during the Tancredo event, today I am asking him to widen the investigation. The taxpayers of North Carolina deserve an investigation into the professors who were involved with the attacks on the Tancredo event because they were present in the crowd and obviously involved with helping organize and plan what happened.

Aside from Cuadros's personal attacks and unprofessional behavior making political statements from his position as a state employee and UNC professor, he completely misrepresents what happened at UNC Chapel Hill on April 15.

This conflict was not a "tug of war" between extremes with illegal alien students caught in the middle. This is a conflict between illegal aliens and their extremist supporters and the vast majority of America's legal citizens.

Congressman Tom Tancredo's views on illegal immigration, my views, and the views of Ron Woodard of NC Listen are reflective of the popular view. We want our borders secured, immigration laws enforced, local police enforcing immigration laws, and no amnesty or in-state tuition for illegal aliens. Each of these positions are supported by a huge majority of NC voters according to numerous state and national polls.

On the other side of the "tug of war" were radical professors like Cuadros and the fringe student groups like Students for a Democratic Society who were unleashed on the Tancredo event. Cuadros and crew support amnesty for illegal aliens and taxpayer benefits such as in-state tuition for illegals.

While I fervently disagree with Mr. Cuadros's political positions, which are supported by only a small minority of North Carolina's voters, I will not lower the debate by matching his personal attacks.

I will simply point out that the conflict on illegal immigration is between the vast majority of our tax paying citizens and radical elements, supported by Cuardros, who constantly resorts to lies and personal attacks that can manifest into violence as we saw at UNC on April 15 and the arrests that happened during Congressman Goode's speech on April 22.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill needs to investigate the role of Cuardros and other professors in the violence that occurred on campus, which heavily tarnished UNC's national image. Suspected involvement in planning the fiasco, his public attacks on former students for their political views, his misstatement of facts and personal attacks suggest that he should stop speaking on behalf of the University in public and should be considered for termination from his post.

Generations of my family have paid to build and sustain UNC and as a prior student I do not appreciate his unethical actions.

Paul Cuadros's behavior is inappropriate for any state employee especially someone who is an authority figure, role model, and educator for our young college students at UNC who have obviously been misinformed and incited to violence by powerful political forces on the campus of UNC.

We need a blue ribbon commission established to determine which individuals and groups are spreading disinformation on the campus of UNC that members of Congress or anyone opposed to taxpayer benefits for illegal aliens is a "white supremacist". We need immediate action to determine those responsible for creating a climate of hatred and intolerance that incites students to use violence and require arrest trying to silence the free speech of Americans that are against illegal immigration. The investigation should begin with a review of Mr. Paul Cuadros and his associates.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
    FEC ID: C00405878

In Response to America's tug of war bu UNC Professor Paul Cuadros
    http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunda ... _Container
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Damn William, a bit heavy on the LOGIC there.

ELE

Hitler also sought to mold the minds of young Germans.

Go for it William! UNC is conservative compared the typical liberal idiot colleges in my home state. However, the colleges must be accountable to the American people.

Bravo, Mr. Gheen! These race baiting idiots need to be investigated. I am sick and tired of everything our side has to say negatively about illegal immigration being labeled as "hate speech". They need it thrown back into their faces! Keep up the good work!

In the past, pro-immigrant groups who support Amnesty and legal status for illegal aliens have preached that we need to "stop the wave of hate" that they allege is being spread around by Americans who simply want our immigration laws enforced.

But if Amnesty supporters really want any kind of hate and intolerance from being spread around, they should start with their own selves. In this case, they're hate resulted in violence and mayhem. They succeeded in preventing Tancredo from speaking about the harmful side-effects of illegal immigration, but tarnished the reputation of the University in the process.

I learned about the First Amendment when I was in Junior High School. These people are already in college, but apparently don't know or don't support this Constitutional right.

This reminds me of the recent Tea Parties. A liberal, mainstream news reporter tried to keep a Tea Party Rallier from describing in detail why taxpayers shouldn't be taxed into oblivion. In other words, this lady reporter was trying to suppress his right of Free Speech. The lady reporter even boldly asked him, "What does liberty have to do with taxes?". But finally, a handful of ralliers convinced the reporter to let him speak his mind about out-of-control taxes and government spending. But the First Amendment shouldn't require such arm-twisting.

Group demands UNC drop charges against those who were arrested last week who disrupted Congressman Tom Tancreda and Virgil Goode

Approx 20 people gathered on the steps od South Building Friday afternoon to demand that UNC drop charges against seven protesters and investigate the actions of Department of Public Safety officers during the recent campus demonstrations.
    Introducing themselves as members of the newly formed UNC Protesters' Defense Committee, participants in the press conference- most of them appeared to be students...

cont
    The Chapel Hill Herald April 25th edition

All I see is this group is now trying to intimidate Campus Police for doing their job to protect freedom of speech. If this group wants to have a legal and organized speech at UNC, so should do it as we did. I guarantee, not one of us would disrupt there forum.

The whole pro-illegal movement is filled with nothing but hypocrites, liars, ethnocentric racists and far left kook Nazi's IMO.