Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Armey: We're Marching on Washington Against Obamacare

Armey: We're Marching on Washington Against Obamacare

NewsMax ^ | 8/18/09 | Rick Pedraza

Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:49:36 AM by Sammy67

Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey is organizing a march on Washington against the Obama administration’s healthcare plan that he hopes will finally finish off the Democratic push for socialized medicine.

The march, organized by Armey’s political group FreedomWorks, is scheduled for Sept. 12 and is already generating hundreds of thousands of responses, the Texas Republican tells Newsmax.TV. The group is isn’t providing transportation, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

See Video: Fomer House Majority Leader Dick Armey talks about the movement to defeat Obamacare

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2318856/posts
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've heard his name coming up a lot concerning this march. So, to say he is not involved is not true unless someone has got it wrong.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by bmw120556
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We are finding lots of stuff that most 9/12ers will disagree with on the immigration front among the top groups organizing this thing in DC.

It will take time to compile it all.

Perhaps you folks could help me by posting your first and honest reactions to these two items about retired Congressman Dick Armey

Dick Armey is the top personality behind the curtain on the 9/12 marches. Glenn Beck is the man out front. This is Dick Armey of Freedom Works the national organizer of the 9/12 marches.

VIDEO
    http://reason.tv/video/show/183.html

Numbers USA Grade of C at better immigration.com
    http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &retired=1

Please let me hear your honest reactions to those items.

W
    First of all Dick Armey is not the organizer and has no connection with anything any 912 group I know of does. I have organized tea parties and rallys for the 912 including the one on Aug 1st in Columbus, Ohio that gained national attention and was featured on Glenn Beck and Beck nor Armey were involved at all.

The only reason Beck took any notice was because Judge Napolitano was our keynote speaker and we had 10,000 people show up.

I have worked with 912 and TEA Party organizations in 12 states and have never heard Armey's name metioned nor have I ever seen a dime of funding for our rallys and tea parties come from anyone other then members of the grassroots organizations involved. I know Freedom Works is the organization that took care of obtaining permits and did the ground work for the March on DC, but if it were not for the pure grassroots it would not happen!

So I guess we just throw the baby out with the bath water?
    No babies out with the bath water, but you need to check on the Dick Armey information. Freedomworks is running this show on 9/12 in DC. Here is their main site...

http://912dc.org/

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw120556
    W. The 912 people were planning to go to DC long before Dick was involved.
    If you would like to discuss this you have access to my profile info. Call me or email me.
    I am a bit upset by your obvious attempt to discredit the efforts of such a pure grassroots movement!
    Oh give me a break. That is ludicrous. When Open Borders GOPers do things we are supposed to inform people.

If you even bothered to listen to my recent statements in print and on video and remember them or you listened at all you would know I believe in this pure grass roots movement.

The problem is not with the grass roots. It's with the DC insider corporate lobbyists.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://912dc.org/

Just click on the link above for lots of info.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I dont believe the pro-amnesty open border traiterous shmucks would get much of a warm fuzzy welcome at an event such as 9/12 .
    Could be a blessing .
    Americans are in no mood for their agenda . EVER .......
    How dare them stink up such an event . 9/12 is a day to celebrate America .
    I hope they get a big ole can of American whoop Ass .

The letter was very concise and clear to me. Those following the letter were very confusing. What is not to understand? There is nothing to read into it, it is very straight forward about why Alipac will not be attending. Apparently someone thought that Glen Beck was slighted by all of this. I am not sure that he was or was not, its a moot question! Maybe I was not reading it right???

I'll say it again....there are 2 issues of concern:

1. It's your choice of words that caused most of the outrage:

"...we know Glenn Beck is against Amnesty. Or at least he was over the last few years."

The words obviously have a sarcastic past tense implication, unfair to Glenn Beck.

"...Some 9/12 Groups are Open Borders"

The implication here is obvious. You can find bad apples in just about any group, some of them intentionally planted, but that does not justify labeling the entire group as bad. I look forward to finding out which 912 "groups" are open borders advocates. It's simply not part of the 912 mission statement.

2. Your (our) cause needs all the supporters it can get, and no amount of emotion should be allowed to result in burning bridges to potential supporters. Your timing to release your "research" right before the 9/12 March is a poor decision. Again, you would be punishing a large body of valuable activists by unduly insulting them and painting them with a broad negative brush, and all parties will lose to negative publicity. ALIPAC needs the millions of 912 supporters on their side, and whatever Dick Armey and Freedomworks does is irrelevant in this argument against 912. And Dick Armey is just Dick Armey. I'm not even sure he is a proper representative for all that Freedomworks believes in.

I see Freedomworks as a conservative group that seized an opportunity to assist The912Project with their march, and grassroots citizens of The912Project willing to accept the help, likely not knowing about or even thinking about, what Dick Armey has to say about illegal immigration. If any part of his pro-amnesty views should bleed into the upcoming march, his butt would be kicked to kingdom come, and he would have no place again in any 912 event.

Full disclosure: I am a Tea Party coordinator, a committee member and supporter of multiple 912 groups, a GOP member, a Townhall activist, and a member of many other similar groups and causes. Believe it or not, I even support Freedomworks, but Dick Armey is not my master, and I hold no allegiance to him.

DON'T MAKE ANY DECISIONS YOU WILL REGRET. I DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE GIVING END, OR THE RECEIVING END OF UNFAIR CRITICISM.

I am not saying Dick Armney is not involved in the march on DC, I am saying he has nothing to do with the 912 organizations.

Go to http://www.meetup.com/The-Columbus-Ohio ... tup-Group/

Or www.ohiolibertycouncil.org

You will not see Dick's name anywere nor will you see anything pro-amnesty.
    "What will you do without freedom"

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I know that everyone is expressing their point of view here. But I'm saddened by some of these posts because I see a division developing among us. I think the 912 folks have their own reasons for participating in their group. Healthcare is in the forefront right now. BUT, I do believe that when the time comes to fight AMNESTY, the 912'ers who support our cause will stand with us and our fight will be front and center. United we stand, divided we fall right?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast