Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Out of office auto reply:Thanks for your e-mail. Due to the General Assembly currently being in session, I receive hundreds of e-mails a day. Please know that I read all and try to respond when time permits.

If you need to reach me via telephone, please call 501-682-6050 and leave me a message and I wll return your call as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

Thank you.

Shane Broadway
    State Senator

A Texan sharing a letter sent to all Arkansas Senators

Like the subject line reads, I'm a Texan, but as we've been being told, and as most of us already know anyway, what happens in one state determines what happens in subsequent states, so if you haven't already done so, send your emails, send your faxes, make your phone calls and let's make sure we get the dominos falling the right directions. These Senators from Arkansas need to understand very plainly and clearly what the PEOPLE expect them to do, and what the consequenses will be if they choose to ignore us and vote FOR this bill against our wishes.

You've been given one example. All I did was take that original letter and modify it to make it my own. It took all of ten minutes to make my changes and get it addressed. It would have been faster if I'd realize others had already done the leg work by posting all of the Senators' email address in line for me to just copy and paste (above). So take a few minutes and get this done NOW. Don't wait. Later may be too late!

To: 'aaltes@aol.com'; 'bakerg@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'bledsoec@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'bookoutp@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'sbroadway@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'bryless@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'cappsj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'crumblyj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'elliottj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'cnhc@juno.com'; 'bhorn@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'gjeffress@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'jjeffress@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'johnsond@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'keyj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'lukerj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'madisons@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'pmalone@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'pritchardb@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'msalmon@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'tsmith@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'tsteele@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'taylorj@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'teaguel@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'thompsonr@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'trustys@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'whitakerr@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'hwilkins@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'wyattd@arkleg.state.ar.us'
    Subject: Please Oppose Sen. Joyce Elliott's (D) bill, SB 799
    Sent: Thu 3/26/2009 3:12 PM

Senators,

I sit down to write this message today, stewing in disbelief and resentment that my state would even CONSIDER using my money to force a bill on it's citizens that 80% of them are FERVENTLY against.

Forgive me if I seem to be a bit perturbed. Actually, I am completely pissed off, but I'm trying to restrain myself. I would strongly advise you to heed the words I am taking the time to write, because I can assure you that regardless of whether or not SB799 passes in the Arkansas Senate, EVERY SINGLE SENATOR who votes in favor of this bill will be targeted by the citizens of Arkansas to be fired from his job representing us on his next bid for re-election.

I am obviously writing today in opposition to this despicable bill. SB 799 would give in-state tuition to illegal aliens, thus allowing them to replace American students who would otherwise be able to take the limited seats that are available in college institutions. What's worse, the illegal alien who took that spot would not only be doing so at a discounted rate, but that education would be subsidized by taxpayers like me. Listen closely when I tell you that I do not want one penny of my tax dollars spent to subsidize the education of one single illegal alien!

Isn't it enough just to know that this bill violates Federal laws passed in 1996, and that a super majority of Americans, a number reaching nearly 80%, oppose this bill. Not to mention the unintended result that this bill would create; even more illegal alien families would be attracted to sneak into the United States of America, and then take up residence in Arkansas. It would in essence create a snowball effect of illegal alien growth in the state of Arkansas.

I am in utter amazement and disbelief. Why would the state of Arkansas want to educate illegal aliens with taxpayer money in order to prepare them for jobs that it is illegal for them to have and that American citizens need? I expect you to speak out against and vote no on Joyce Elliott's (D) bill SB 799. And rest assured, we, the citizens of Arkansas and of The United States of America are fed up with our lack of representation, and we will make absolutely certain that pass or fail, voters remember every state lawmaker who supported SB 799 in the next election cycle.

Regards,

Re: A Texan sharing a letter sent to all Arkansas Senators

Quote Originally Posted by davidm75056
    To:
    'aaltes@aol.com'; 'bakerg@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'bledsoec@arkleg.state.ar.us'; ...

Senators
    My understanding is the emails are more effective with just one person in the TO: location. I also understand that it is more effective when addressed to the indivudial in question. Can someone at ALIPAC confirm this. I am going to try to hit AK tonight, but I want to make sure I do it right.

Notice that I never said that I live in CA. They will either respond or they won't. Either way, if they get a huge number of people writing against it they may take that into consideration. I'll post the responses I get.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I sort of insinuated that I was an Arkansas resident, but never actually said where I was from in my email. I only included that information in my ALIPAC post.

Here's the email I sent, and phone call material

Feel free to plagerize any of it:

You will be asked to vote on a remarkably reckless Bill, SB799, which gives in-state tuition to illegal aliens. You must realize that for every illegal alien that steals one of those limited seats, there is an American child who doesn't get one. And worse, they want taxpayers, the parents of those children who won't get to go to college and so won't be competitive in the marketplace, to pay for it all. Are you kidding me?

I found on the internet that there is a Federal Law which this Bill would violate, if passed. I found the information quite easily, in fact. Now, I know you guys in the House and Senate aren't really into tedious things like research or reading contracts... or Bills. Well now you don't have to. You can just take my word for it, THIS BILL IS BAD!

If the Bill passes, I believe 2 things are bound to occur (again, you can trust me -- I also possess common sense):

1. Illegal aliens will flood into Arkansas until, in the very near future, the only college-educated people you will have in your workforce will be people who are not legally allowed to hold those jobs; and,

2. Every politician who helped this Bill pass should relish the final days of their careers, for they will NEVER be re-elected, and could quite possibly be recalled. Now, I don't think I am sounding an inconceivable alarm here, because over 80% of the American people don't want this Bill (again, I have done my homework so you don't have to.)

I will ask in my prayers tonight that you not only vote against this hostile, anti-American Bill of Joyce Elliott's (D), but that you will fervently speak out against it. Right now, average Americans are having a really hard time. Our children will have it even worse.

Have you asked yourself yet, "how will the next generation of American taxpayers ever pay the financial burden already imposed on them by that (you must now realize) criminally stupid Spendulous Bill, if they can not be educated for competitive jobs?"

Please, for our kids, do the right thing.
    [Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.] Phil.4:1-6

Wow this thread is certainly attracting alot of us new guys! Welcome fellow new guys!

I guess I am a new guy as far as posting goes, but I've been around for a long long time. Lurking in the shadows, hoping to bump into someone that's living in the shadows so I can report them to ICE and get them deported.

April

Re: A Texan sharing a letter sent to all Arkansas Senators

Quote Originally Posted by lkendter
    Quote Originally Posted by davidm75056
    To:
    'aaltes@aol.com'; 'bakerg@arkleg.state.ar.us'; 'bledsoec@arkleg.state.ar.us'; ...

Senators
    My understanding is the emails are more effective with just one person in the TO: location. I also understand that it is more effective when addressed to the indivudial in question. Can someone at ALIPAC confirm this. I am going to try to hit AK tonight, but I want to make sure I do it right.
    You are absolutely correct! WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWCOMERS, GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

Just wanted to post the WONDERFUL reply I got from Jerry Taylor, Senator.

SB 799 is an illegal bill and it is unbelievable that we would even consider using tax money to promote illegal activity. I will do all I can to defeat SB799. Thanks, Senator Jerry Taylor
    I immediately emailed him back saying BEAUTIFUL! And thanked him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast