Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank YOU!
    Excellent...Ivory Home Builders (owners) are not too happy with the idea of getting rid of illegals in Utah. FYI, in-state tuition for illegals will cease in 2010.

MOST Utahns are fed up with illegals. During the spring and summer months, they're taking over the public parks to play soccer.[/b]

email to utah senators

I'm here an FINALLY joined..Hve been recieving the newsletters..but am SO pumped by this organization I HAD to join....I'm here for you BROTHER'S/SISTER'S...emaile All of em and now getting on the phone!! Don't stop here..now we need to get'em out of my home state of CONNECTICUT!! OOORAH>>Keep on SOLDIERING! LOVE YA

Welcome aboard InItForTheLongHaul

Please do consider helping us with phone calls/faxes/emails - as you can manage - to help stem the flow and begin the attrition movement!

Thanks for joining with us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

trying to call. on hold for 7 min.
    emailed all of them.

INDIANA resident

The following e-mail was sent to every member of the Utah Senate Rules
    Committee:

I am writing to ask Senator _____ to vote YES on HB 239 and HB 241 in the Rules Committee. It is time for every state to stand up for the rule of law and not allow our immigration laws to become irrelevant. America is a country for citizens and legal residents, not illegal aliens. U.S. immigration laws exist to protect American citizens and others that are here legally, not to facilitate a foreigner's pursuit of a better life.

Illegal aliens should not receive ANY taxpayer benefits of any sort and most certainly should not receive in-state college tuition rates. Do you realize that for every seat in college an illegal alien occupies a deserving American student is turned away? Don’t continue to let that happen.

Furthermore, illegal aliens should not receive licenses. Giving them licenses only aids and abets their illegal presence in America and will most certainly attract them to Utah. North Carolina used to issue licenses to illegal aliens but found that fraud and the crush of applicants from illegal aliens was so overwhelming that they discontinued the program. Michigan, likewise, has rescinded and stopped issuing licenses to illegal aliens. So has Maryland, So has Oregon. SO MUST UTAH!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A member of the Seventy in the LDS CHurch urged legislators to go easy on the laws that may affect illegals, his own words:

An LDS Church leader on Wednesday urged Utah's lawmakers to "take a step back" and hold a "spirit of compassion" as they consider a slate of bills aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration.

"Immigration questions are questions dealing with God's children," said Elder Marlin K. Jensen of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "I believe a more thoughtful and factual, not to mention humane approach is warranted, and urge those responsible for enactment of Utah's immigration policy to measure twice before they cut."

As one of three religious leaders speaking at a Interfaith Dialogue on Immigration at Westminster College, Jensen urged people to put a human face on the issue.

"Meet an undocumented person," he said. "Come to know their family."

The forum came as lawmakers this session are considering several measures dealing with illegal immigration in the House. There are also two Senate measures, a comprehensive bill aimed at preventing undocumented immigrants from obtaining jobs or public benefits, and another that would create a legislative task force to study the issue.

Also speaking were Bishop John C. Wester of the Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake, and Pastor Steven Klemz of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church. Both of those faith leaders come from traditions that have clear-cut positions supporting comprehensive federal immigration reform.

"This is a human issue; it is a moral issue," Wester said. "We must be involved."

Jensen said the LDS church has taken no position on any particular measure on the federal or state level.

"The current debate in our state Legislature is evidence of the very strong feelings that surround this issue," Jensen said. He noted that LDS leaders had recently issued a "very sincere plea" to lawmakers to consider the issue with humanity and compassion.

He said that because of the unique nature and composition of the state, lawmakers' actions this session could have national and international implications.

Jensen referred to his own great-great-grandfather, who was among those who immigrated during the LDS Church's early days.

"If there is a church that owes debt to the immigrant and the principal of immigration it is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," he said.

I have made all the calls and went all the e-mails to Utah and Indiana. I don't know the effect, but at least I did something for our country. It was easy and the more I do it the better I'll. Thanks, ALIPAC for getting me involved. Please continue to call on me. Now all you other people who haven't done this yet, get on your phones! Start sending your E-mails!

You're a true American, my friend! Good job! Good Job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12