Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Groups Rally In Raleigh Today Calling for Emergency Immigrat

Groups Rally In Raleigh Today Calling for Emergency Immigration Enforcement Legislation!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A historic coalition of multi ethnic immigration enforcement and border security groups are rallying and leading citizen lobby teams in Raleigh today to ask the North Carolina Legislature to take emergency action and curb illegal immigration in the state.

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC), NC Listen, NC Voice, You Don't Speak for Me, and Americans Have Had Enough will meet with citizens on the 1st floor of the Legislative Building at 8 am to lobby throughout the day. Eight lawmakers from the NC House and Senate will join group leaders for a rally and speeches in support of immigration enforcement from 11 to 1 on the Bicentennial Mall, across Jones St. from the main entrance to the Legislature.

The groups and citizens will ask lawmakers to defeat HB 2717, which would force NC Colleges to accept illegal aliens, and to defeat Representative Bordsen's attempt to strip funding from local law enforcement initiatives that are designed to protect citizens from illegal aliens.

They will also be asking for the NC Legislature to take emergency action to cut off all taxpayer resources from illegal aliens including college, licenses, voter registration, welfare, and food stamps. More funding is needed for local police to take action and La Raza (The Race) front group El Pueblo should no longer receive taxpayer monies to lobby on behalf of illegal aliens.

Since NC is known as one of the top destinations for illegal aliens in America, tens of thousands more are expected to rush into the state in the coming months as South Carolina cracks down with tough new state laws.

All members of the NC Media are invited to attend and cover these historic events. The rally can be heard live over the Internet at the following audio broadcast link. Video clips will be available at a later date on Youtube.

http://tinyurl.com/5s3hgf

###

Paid for by AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I went to the site this morning around 11 and was shocked to see only about 20 people in attendance . The turnout was not great . The media was really who the speakers were talking to in their speeches and since the media will not repeat what was said in full content , I feel kind of let down by the people of North Carolina that did not show up . William did a great job as host and moderator and speaker . I do not remember what the legislatures names that spoke are but they did sound frustrated at the way bills are chosen to be sent to the floor for a vote are picked by a select few . I stayed for all of the speeches and then had to return to work . I was disappointed by the lack of attendance but I'll be back .

You bring up a good point Hawk, people had to work today. Weekend turn outs are better.

Our supporters don't make it to rallies because "they are scared".

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sweet Hawk

Hawk, don't you get discouraged! I was home disabled and sick, today, but I called and emailed all day. The legislators were a bit busy believe me. Some of the offices told me that their phones were very busy. That is a good sign, don't you think.

Next time we will do more than this time. Those legislators rate one person equal to 100 people. So if they got 1000 negative emails for Bill 2717 that's equal to 100,000 people. We got their attention greatly!

Think about all the people who cannot travel, don't know how to email, do not write their legislators, do not call their legislators but do promote "NO" to illegals. And these people do pay the cost and will be voting soon!

Keep doing what you are doing! and Show others! on my business cards I have put the web site for ALIPAC. I am so proud of you for going to the rally and giving support.

I was there as well. Though the turnout by citizens wasn't large (I estimate about 30), enthusiam was great as the speakers were applauded frequently. All the speakers were excellent and made great presentations. Approx. 6 legislators also spoke about bills and initiatives. After the speeches and rally, we broke up into teams and made the rounds in the legislative building visiting Senators and Reps offices, presenting our concerns and requests and leaving literature with the staffers for the legislators (who were in session at that time). I teamed up with two gentlemen from the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps that came up from South Carolina to help out.

It was well worth attending and it was time well spent. This lays the groundwork for a bigger event to be held when the long session of the NC State Legislature occurs in January.

I hope many of you caught the talks that were broadcast on the web, as they are well worth listening to.

Oh and another thing, a number of the staffers siad they were receiving quite a number of e-mails and phone calls today on the topic of illegal immigration and asking for enforcement. Nice work, ALIPAC'ers

Rally in Raleigh June 2008 Emergency Legislation

NC is my home state but I live in Alaska now. I went down the list and called every NC state rep! A Democrat rep's assistant commented that they were shocked when this bill was introduced, so even many of the Dems don't like it. Can't wait to hear how it turned out and if any of the newspapers in NC reported on the rally. Sure wish I could have been there!