Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Heart of Thanksgiving

The Heart of Thanksgiving

By William Gheen

November 27, 2009

The fridge is packed with leftovers, my kith and kin are out shopping for Black Friday and I've just finished watching a video clip online via the Drudge report of a film on the Politico website.

In this video clip they ask several political personalities what they are thankful for during the Thanksgiving 2009 season.

In the video we hear from Ann Coulter, who is thankful Americans are rebelling against unpopular legislation. I have to give Ann a quick high five for the statement "The Chinese may have more pull (on legislation) than the American people."

Kinky Friedman takes an opportunity to bash Americans by reciting what he claims is a native American prayer that goes "thanks for nothing." Thanks for nothing pretty much sums up how I feel anytime anyone bothers to interview or quote Kinky Freidman on any matter.

The film makers continue to ask Energy and Commerce Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), ABC’s Brian Ross, The Week's Harold Evans, columnist Helen Thomas and Washington Post’s Dan Balz for their thoughts on Thanksgiving as well.

Helen Thomas tells us how thankful she is that the President of America is black, considering all the bad things we Americans have done to black people.

Yes, the anti-American rhetoric is neck deep in 2009 as our elements within our once proud nation continue to celebrate character attacks on Americans with special anger and ire for Americans of European ancestry like the Pilgrims.

America in decline makes for interesting dinner conversations I am sure, especially by those eager to rewrite history. They say history is written by winners and if that is the case, then America's history is being rewritten today by those who have conquered this once free nation and our modern native Americans.

Trust me, I know my native Americans, because according to several multi-million dollar George Soros funded democratic smear organizations, I am one of America's leading "Nativists," so that should prove to you all how spectacular my credentials are as a source. I'm so 'Native' that I might put on a feathered head dress soon and push cargo off a Chinese ship in a harbor soon.

But today I am writing not just to bemoan all of the anti-American propoganda being dispensed in our homeland today and the rising censorship and aggression against Americans who are currently native to these lands. I am writing to say what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

While I do not pretend to even approach the fame and name recognition level of Anne Coulter, Barbara Boxer, or Kinky Kinky Friedman, I am compelled to write because I did not hear any of these famous and influential politicos represent my view on Thanksgiving.

Considering the terrible performance from those in power in Washington and in power in the media that governs us these days, I'm always on the lookout for someone -- almost anyone -- who will actually represent me as an American.

No, that representation has not been heard this year. I've heard no mention of what I am thankful for on TV, Radio, or the web. No politician or elected official has spoken of it.

I could surely give you a list of all of the things I am thankful for this year. Who among us is not thankful for their loved ones and friends, their possessions, and the abundance of food?

We could easily gather hours upon hours of interviews filled with such appreciations for people, goods, and services.

What thanks is missing on the lips of our leaders, stars, pundits, and pop culture icons?

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful to God for I believe that all things come to us through his grace.

Whether we face famine or feast, poverty or riches, security or vulnerability, God is the reason for our existence and our true progress and pride all emanate from our connection and love for him.

This was an alien belief we brought to these lands with those who sought freedom and liberty under God's laws here in America. In the early days, coming to America took a great deal of faith considering the risks and hardships.

I believe that even after half their numbers had died since the Pilgrims had landed, and even though they faced more losses in the fast approaching winter, they still gave thanks unto God.

That giving of thanks before their feast has echoed across great ponds of time and history. It reverberates in every blessing before every meal. It is not that we are thanking God we have something to eat, we are thanking God for being as important to the human spirit as food, water, or air.

It has been our thanks to a connection with God and our invoking of his spirit whenever we gather that has led America to becoming the most advanced, secure, opulent, successful, and free civilization in human history.

America has been the technological engine that has made life for 6.5 billion people on the Earth possible. America has been the torch of freedom and the example of liberty to provide hope for everyone on the Earth.

And both our American freedoms and our technological aspirations to conquer the unknowns and to prosper are rooted in those who originally came to this continent. Some came for material gain and others came for freedom to worship without an oppressive government. The blending of those drives and the reconciliation of seeking prosperity while adhering to a code of laws crafted from Christianity are what propelled America to our zenith!

And now, as we all know, America is in decline. And whether we will decline into full destruction and slavery or experience a renaissance to put us back into assertion remains to be determined.

At this point I realize that many of the Obamacons will want to lash out at me for failing to see what a beautiful and hopeful time it is in America because of our great new leader. I cannot play that game because I am a realist as well as a Christian. In fact, 'Christian realist' is a label I would gladly wear.

I will not ignore the facts presented that show our Federal government is financially insolvent, the will of the American public means nothing to the two factions of a one party system on both sides of the aisle, the fact we are too weak as a nation to even secure our own borders or enforce our existing immigration laws despite the fact illegal aliens are killing thousands of innocent Americans each year. Even our enemies, the Chinese communists, who currently work hand-in-hand with Google and other US firms to keep over 1 out of 4 people on the planet enslaved in an authoritarian regime, know we are weak. Why else would they raise their flag for the first time in celebration on our economic and political capitols in DC and New York?

I believe that our precipitous fall as a nation is happening because we have left our foundations. I do not have hope in Obama or Palin. My faith is reserved for God and no man or woman. God is my leader and as a free man, he is the only one I serve and I will bow to no other, not even a Saudi Prince or the Emperor of Japan.

I believe we Americans will continue to lose our freedoms, security, our prosperity, and perhaps our very lives if we do not return to God.

This Thanksgiving, things are looking very bleak for my nation and many of those around me in America. So many problems escalating and many seem insurmountable, but I am thankful to God for what I do have in life. For all the things in life that strengthen, protect, or sustain me come to me through God first and foremost.

And when I pray to God, I rarely ask for things for myself. The central theme of all of my prayers are that I do God's bidding and that I offer myself completely to his will.

Nobody has asked me what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, but since I hear no other voices carrying the answer in my heart, I would say to you all that I am thankful to God and pray that he will save us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you William for remembering the true purpose of Thanksgiving, by giving thanks for the one who has blessed us all.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very well spoken William, and obviously heartfelt.