Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I spoke directly with John Hendrix (he answers his phone) about this issue. He is against amnesty and is against allowing illegal aliens into the community colleges.
    He said he supports three things:
    -Enforce the borders
    -Enforce immigration laws, no amnesty
    -Remove immigration quotas and allow practically anyone who wants to come, come in through a streamlined legal process.

All was going well with my conversation with him until he said that. I told him in no way would I support his 'no quotas' approach and told him why. I said he was doing well in his imigration platform until then. I said before I would consider supporting you, you would have to revise that part of your platform. I told him that I would speak to him further about that and for him to be successful with citizens he would have to retract that 'no quotas' approach.

John Ross Hendrix
    Hendrix used to be a Rebublican but resigned from the party "in disgust" and registered as a Democrat in 2006
    (919) 815-1522
    John Hendrix for U.S. Senate website: http://www.hendrixcampaign.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got the same response from Hendrix.

He's ok except for immigration quotas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Taken from John Hendrix Website:

Immigration

I don't think there is any way to give a winning answer to this quesion. Common sense has to be my guide. The United States was founded by imigrants and their descendants. The United States grew to greatness with the help of imigrants. One of the easiest ways to judge a country is to ask yourself whether people want to get in or out.

I have no choice but to oppose any sort of amnesty for those who have entered this country illegally. This has already been given once. Did it slow down the so called invasion?

At the same time I see no reason why people who wish to enter this country in a lawful manner should be restricted or prevented from doing so. Those who are free of criminal record, willing to submit to fingerprint, photo, and DNA identification proceedures, able to speak, understand, read, and write English, the language of the land, holding prepaid passage back to their home coungry, should be allowed to enter this country, find jobs, establish homes, and work or starve as they see fit. This means no benefits, social security, medicare, medicaid, welfare of any type, until they become citizens.

I am agreement with the concept of vigerous enforcement of our present immigration laws along with protection of our borders by whatever means are necessary. At the same time, the Congress must take up the challenge for new legislation that will make it easier for needed workers to enter the country legally while making it harder to enter or stay illegally.

The FAIR TAX is one measure that will make it more difficult for someone to stay in this country illegaly. The poverty level "pre-bate" will not be available to them. They will be forced to pay their fair share of taxes and then some. Even without the FAIRTAX in place, the influx of new workers paying social security taxes will prop up that pyramid game for quite some time.

Until they return to their homelands, Uncle Sam will turn a BIG profit, under the FAIRTAX, on those 11 million who are said to be here illegally.
    1. Secure the borders.

2. Raise or eliminate quotas altogether.

3. Enforce the law.

That should be simple enough even for a Senator or Congressman to understand.

There have been a few questions raised in recent times which I will answer now. Once again, common sense and reason must take precidence over political convenience.

"Anchor Babies"

The Constitution of the United States is specific and correct. Someone born in the U.S. is a citizen of the U.S. The status of the parents has no bearing. Should a child be born to parents residing illegally in this country, this child is a citizen and is entitled to all the rights and protections of citizenship. The parents are not. Following the law of the land, the parents must return to their home country. The child, as a citizen of the U.S., may stay, either with a sponsor, a relative, or in foster care. Otherwise, the child may return to the parents' home country, with the right to re-enter the United States upon comming of age to make the decision.

Driver's Licenses for Illegal Residents

Why is there any debate? If an illegal resident applies for a driver's license and qualifies under the law of the state, then the state may issue the license. Then the state must call I.C.E. and inform the proper agents that they have discovered an illegal resident. The state should then hold the license while I.C.E. returns the illegal resident to his home country. Once this person re-enters the Unites States legally, the state may then re-issue the liscense, without the person having to be re-tested. A word of warning. Any state that refuses to assist in enforcing federal law, should run the risk of the federal government removing assistance to the state in enforcing its own laws. That's fair enough, isn't it?
    http://www.hendrixcampaign.com/immigration.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12