Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Massive Public Opposition to Bad Dream Act Amnesty!

Massive Public Opposition to Bad Dream Act Amnesty

September 17, 2007

CONTACT: Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), (866) 329-3999 or press@alipac.us

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC or ALIPAC is launching a national campaign to try and stop Senator Durbin's Dream Act Amendment, which would provide Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens, give them taxpayer subsidized in-state college tuition rates and place them ahead of American students.

"This is the Bad Dream Amnesty Act," says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "This legislation would replace American students in the limited seats in college at taxpayer expense! Our organization has helped to defeat this measure many times on the state level and now we will try to stop the Senate from passing it."

ALIPAC helped defeat in-state tuition measures in three states including North Carolina, where polling data by the Civitas Institute shows that over 81% of likely voters oppose "Dream Act" legislation. The legislation was defeated in NC, VA, and even Massachusetts by large margins!

"This legislation will harm American students and families while rewarding illegal aliens. It will cost taxpayers billions of dollars and provide another big incentive for people to illegally immigrate to the United States," says Gheen. "Four out of five Americans want the Senators to say No to the Dream Act and any Visa increases. Americans want immigration enforcement instead!"

Senator Durbin and others plan to try to attach amendments that provide Amnesty for illegal aliens and increased Visas for more immigration onto the National Defense Authorization Act--Agreement. The amendments are not germane to the bill and violate Senate rules and ethics that state amendments must be relevant to the bill.

ALIPAC calls on members of the Media, state lawmakers, and citizen activists to warn the public and to bombard the Senate with calls, e-mails, faxes, and letters to demand that they abandon these sneaky amnesty attempts, which are designed to override the will of a majority of Americans and the efforts of states and cities to crack down on illegal immigration.

For more information please visit www.alipac.us

###

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC)
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ALIPAC Activists,

Please send copies of this release to your local and national press contacts. We are sending it out, but it helps us when you send it too!

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

bttt

Massive Public Opposition Against The Dream Act

Its a nightmare act and I have called and faxed Burr.Dole and Shular. Although I think Richard Burr is the one that we here in North Carolina will have to worry about most as far as voting for this travesty of a nightmare. I don't have any trust in this man what so ever. He is a liar and he has proven that time and time again. He says one thing and does another all in the same breath. HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED! I guess as the saying goes, HE FOLLOWS THE MONEY. But I hope he will do what is just and right for the citizens of N.C. and the nation as a whole and vote NO FOR THE DREAM ACT. This is a sneaky underhanded act and it needs to be defeated. I hope and pray that it will be.

One point of interest--the minors or college students of illegal aliens would get better educational benefits than the dependents of our soilders in the Armed Forces. Durbin and others are just plain ate up with this NAU crap. SICK!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    bttt
    I have see you post this several times. What does it mean?

bttt means Bump To The Top

Senator Richard Durbin and S.774 The Dream Act of 2007

[/b]To Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. TN.
    Even though I have observed that you are not one of his cosponsers, please, let me emphasize the importance of not letting your guard down from those who would betray the will of the American majority. It is my understanding that 10 states are breaking the fereral law that prohibits them from subsidizing illegal aliens with college tuition costs without offering the same aid to legal immigrants and American students. Why have these states not been punished for their flagrant breaking of this law enacted in 1996? Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA).
    What good is a law if you don't enforce it? Why not deny them some very important federal assistance that they rely on? The 10 states that offer in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens are: California, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Washington. A copy of this letter will be placed on an anti- illegal alien blog called ALIPAC. A reply to this letter would be appreciated.
    Additional info can be obtained at http://www.heritage.org/research/imm...bg2069.cfm%20.

Just not fair to those who obey the immigration laws

I am currently waiting to get my green card, so is my husband. Came here legally with our son ( he was 14 at the time) and have always followed the rule of law of the country we now love and call home. The legal process has taken so long that my son has now turned 21 and so we can keep him with us in the US he is now on a student visa. He now has NO path to green card and the government talk about giving this to the children of those who broke the immigration laws.
    I just get so angry when I think that my son would have to leave the country within six weeks if we did not make sure he was in legal status since the USCIS know exactly where he is and can come find him. If such gifts can be bestowed upon the law breakers, the government should spare a thought once in a while for those who end up victims of the legal immigration system and its long delays and inefficiency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast