Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks! I've been a member for a while, but this is the 1st post I've submitted. I've written to President Bush and other government officials over the years, but want to do more, b/c I am fed up with Illegals!

Want to also welcome you P8NTBLGRL and totally agree with all you said.

Glad you found us!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April

Re: Sickened by Illegal Immigrants in my country!

Welcome P8NTBLGRL, Glad you are here!

Welcome P8NTBLGRL!!!

Lets get em!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Re: Sickened by Illegal Immigrants in my country!

Quote Originally Posted by P8NTBLGRL
    Hospitals need to abide by the law and NOT give newborns automatic citizenship.

Unfortunately, under the current misinterpretation of "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" in Amendment XIV, that is the law.

But that's not the only law that hamstrings hospitals. EMTALA bankrupts them.

4. What are the provisions for pregnant women in active labor?

Note that the determination of whether a woman in labor falls under the definition of "emergency medical condition" is determined by consideration of time factors -- whether there is adequate time to effect a "safe transfer" to another hospital before delivery. (If the woman is not in labor, that is, is not having contractions, then she does not fall under the terms of the statute unless her condition fits the general definition of "emergency medical condition" under the first paragraph for some other medical reason.)

Do all patients in active labor need to be admitted? It is common for patients to present with "false labor" or in the very early stages of true active labor, and certainly it is not necessary to admit all such patients. EMTALA clearly requires an examination ("medical screening examination") to determine the stage of labor, in order to make the determination of whether the patient has reached the level at which a safe transfer cannot be effectuated. If the patient is at the stage at which a safe transfer could be arranged, she can be discharged without a violation of EMTALA.

This can be one of the most problematic areas of application of the language of EMTALA. Since a seemingly safe and normal course of labor can suddenly take a turn for the worse, it can often be very difficult to determine precisely where the line for "safe transfer" is crossed. As with the application of the other key language of the statute, the determination of where the line is located is ultimately a medical decision.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    And welcome to ALIPAC, P8NTBLGRL. Don't shoot me, I'm not a player!
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12