Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reqeust for Project Veritas to Return Donations

Project Veritas,

This is an official request for a full refund of all of my donations made to your organization in the last two years.

My donations were made in response to requests for financial assistance to Project Veritas by founder James O'Keefe. My donations were clearly intended to support James O'Keefe and his work.

The decision of the Project Veritas board to pressure James out of the organization and then subsequently sue him are both the opposite of what I was asked to contribute for and as such, I consider your use of my donations for these purposes to be a form of fraud.

Please refund all of my donations from William Gheen of Raleigh, NC immediately.

If you do not refund my donations, I intend to file official complaints with the IRS, DOJ, and my state's AG, stating that I find your use of my donations to harm Mr. Okeefe instead of helping him to be a form of fraud and I may retain legal counsel as well because I believe it is wrong for Project Veritas to raise funds under the name and image of James Okeefe and then use those funds against him.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    PO Box 30966

Raleigh, NC 27622

(919) 787-6009
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Their first reply....

Re: Drop us a line... [#19778]
    Sent: Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 2:25 pm
    To: williamg@alipac.us

Good afternoon Mr. Gheen,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your reservations with Project Veritas. There is a narrative going around on social media that we unfortunately do not have control over. For more information on this situation here is a link to a timeline that might help clarify some issues.

Regarding your request for a refund, donated funds cannot be returned to donors, as doing so could put Project Veritas at risk of violating state and federal laws that require Project Veritas to use its assets for charitable purposes.

When a donor gives Project Veritas a donation without expectation of receiving it back, that gift is, for legal purposes considered to be complete, and the funds become the property of Project Veritas. We are then required to use those funds in furtherance of our charitable mission. If Project Veritas were to return those donations, under most states’ laws, that would be considered an illegal diversion of charitable funds away from Project Veritas’ mission.

Because of the legal exposure that Project Veritas could face from retuning completed gifts to donors, we are, regretfully, unable to return your donation at this time.

Regards,

The Project Veritas Team

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)