Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I called Gov. Easley's office. Of course they passed the buck to their Dept of Education, and they passed the buck to their legal dept.

After calling John Edwards office and leaving a message, they DID return my call, only to inform me that, though Mr. Edwards feels our immigration system is flawed, he feels this is a "LOCAL ISSUE"!

Never seen more "buck passing" since the old days of playing liar's poker.

Emails just sent to the key players.
    I hope everyone can at least contact the key players.

We stopped them in NY, let us do it again in NC.

I sent an email to the NC Governor's office and this is the reply I received.

Thank you for your email about the NC Community College System and the admission of undocumented individuals.

The November 7, 2007, memo to all community college presidents was issued from the office of the NC Community College System President Martin Lancaster. Since this was a decision made solely by the Community College System, you should direct your concerns to President Lancaster at LANCASTER@ncccs.cc.nc.us or by calling 919.807.6950.

The letter that has been reported and referenced by the Community College System Office as their basis for their most recent decision was written in the office of the Attorney General in 1997 and had nothing to do with immigration but instead dealt with the issue of whether or not a convicted felon could attend a community college when ordered by the court to do so.

Claire Ennis

Office of the Governor

working4change
    Yes I received that email as well. Just passing the buck.

Welcome to ALIPAC We are glad to have your help Bevanndan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12