Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What ALIPAC Endorsed Reps Say about Debt Deal

Friends of ALIPAC,

We have a poll up on Twitter asking our supporters, "Do you Support Speaker Kevin McCarthy's 4 Trillion dollar debt ceiling deal with Joe Biden?" You can vote & share at this link if you have a Twitter account. (Vote Here)

Please take the time today to call members of Congress to share how you feel about the debt ceiling deal the US House is expected to vote on tonight. Here is our activism link with info you need.

Call CONGRESS TODAY

https://www.alipac.us/f8/congress-sh...-money-409069/

HERE IS WHAT MANY OF OUR ALIPAC-ENDORSED MEMBERS OF CONGRESS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE MCCARTHY-BIDEN DEBT DEAL BILL. REP BIGGS IS RIGHT. WHAT MONSTROSITY WILL MCCARTHY RELY ON DEMOCRAT VOTES TO PASS NEXT? NOT ALL ALIPAC Endorsed candidates oppose the deal, but it appears most of our Reps do oppose this deal.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) "Well, that didn’t take long for the Biden Administration to confirm what I’ve been saying — that section 265 of the Biden-McCarthy debt-limit deal renders *meaningless* the bill’s much-touted regulatory reforms. I believe McCarthy was misled, not malicious in signing onto this deal. But the deal simply does not do what its proponents claim it does—not even close. It’s time to go back to the drawing board or, even better, go back to what the House already passed." (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-AZ8 ) -- "Although I appreciate the hard work put into negotiating a debt ceiling deal with the president, I cannot in good conscience vote for the current version of the debt ceiling bill. I am concerned that the bill allows unlimited borrowing with no debt ceiling cap through January 1, 2025, that the IRS will still have $70.6 billon to hire IRS agents, and that able-bodied adults who are experiencing homelessness are now exempted from work, job training, or drug rehabilitation requirements to receive SNAP benefits. Instead of advancing a system that makes people reliant on government programs that were designed for temporary assistance, we need to help those experiencing homelessness prepare for work and find jobs so they can get off of the streets permanently." (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX21)"Republicans cannot sign off on this post-COVID size of government and debt fueled spending. This is at the root of every issue we campaign on back home We will not stop a weaponized, woke, authoritarian government if we keep feeding the beast $$$" (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Dan Bishop (R-NC8 ) "Rep. Bishop says that it was McCarthy himself who made the call to increase the debt ceiling by $4 trillion until Jan 1, 2025: "It wasn't even asked for by the Democrats... That's a $4 trillion increase in debt that we just let [Biden] have and the Speaker made the call."" (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ5) "I'm concerned about the trajectory of Speaker McCarthy's term. The McCarthy-Biden debt ceiling deal represents a new coalition where Speaker McCarthy will go to Democrats more than his own party. That's concerning to me and should be concerning to the GOP conference." (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Lauren Boebert
    (R-CO3) "We got absolutely destroyed in this negotiation. Zero help from the Senate, either. No sensible conservative can vote for this." (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Diana Harshbarger (R-TN1) "I am voting NO on passing down trillions more in debt to our children and grandchildren while giving Democrats a blank check to pay for their radical agenda, including the weaponization of federal agencies. Its time to get our fiscal house in order and rein in wasteful spending" (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)

Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC5) "This “deal” is insanity. A $4T debt ceiling increase with virtually no cuts is not what we agreed to. Not gonna vote to bankrupt our country. The American people deserve better." (SOURCE LINK ON TWITTER)
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 05-31-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)