Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

$8 an hour would do it!

If and the key word here is IF, if Mexico could create jobs, lots of jobs that after a period of say, 5 years, paid $8 an hour then much of this illegal invasion would end. Extend this idea to the proposed CAFTA countries of Central America and the Dominican Republic and our illegal immigration problems would generally disappear.

How do these countries get to $8 an hour? Education is a great place to start. But when your politicians are so crooked that will never happen! $16,000 a year would be enough to keep them at home. A couple would make $32,000 a year. I would favor CAFTA if I had any illusion that this will happen. It will not just as NAFTA has not!

As I have said, we import goods and now services with call centers in India. At the same time we import people when we have a population of 295 million and why? I enjoy hearing groups like the National Chamber of Commerce saying how good CAFTA will be for America. So another plant can shut down throwing how many Americans out of work so the owner of the new plant in Honduras can reduce his labor costs and increase his profit. Who pays the price for this "free trade"? The Honduran worker at a $1 an hour gets to buy American goods with that $8 a day? Forget it! It isn't enough! They will continue to run NORTH!

JackSmith--It wouldn't even have to be $8 an hour. Americans don't make that everywhere. They should have to pay the equivalent of our minimum wage at least....or better yet.....

Lets just pull all our manufacturing back into the United States for what Americans purchase; cut off the gravy train entirely; and then maybe Mr. Harvard Grad, Vincente Fox can figure out how to run his country!!

I'm so sick of these people playing dumb and playing us for idiots!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn