Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

*** AS FOR ME, I AM A FENCE BUILDER ***

I'm not sure I made the right choice, but I just filled out the form at the Minuteman site to go help in building the fence!! Either I'm out of my mind, or I love my country THAT MUCH.

How in heaven's name I will ever be able to support my family since it's voluntary is beyond me. Much prayer and thinking is now a requirement here lol

Anyone else coming with me???
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

As for me, I am a bit concerned about the idea that your punctuation is the Spanish language version. American English punctuation does not put a punctuation mark at both ends of a sentence. The Spanish language does.

As for building the fence, take your vacation and head for the border. Very little can be done without government consent anyway because much of the land along the border belongs to the federal government and it will take some doing to get them to allow the Minutemen to build a fence on it. The private land owners would probably be delighted to have fences on their land but keep in mind that many of the private land owners these days bought that land to have a place to let illegals come across. So, how will they build a fence on that land? Wont' it be illegal?

I think a fence is the best idea of all. And I hope that the government will get off their behinds and build it. But unless they do, the general citizenry cannot build on military reservations, Indian Reservations, or private property without express permission to do so.

Sorry to sound negative here but those are the facts. Do you think you can come build a fence on my land without my permission? Can I do it on your land? Nope, don't think so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    As for me, I am a bit concerned about the idea that your punctuation is the Spanish language version. American English punctuation does not put a punctuation mark at both ends of a sentence. The Spanish language does.

As for building the fence, take your vacation and head for the border. Very little can be done without government consent anyway because much of the land along the border belongs to the federal government and it will take some doing to get them to allow the Minutemen to build a fence on it. The private land owners would probably be delighted to have fences on their land but keep in mind that many of the private land owners these days bought that land to have a place to let illegals come across. So, how will they build a fence on that land? Wont' it be illegal?

I think a fence is the best idea of all. And I hope that the government will get off their behinds and build it. But unless they do, the general citizenry cannot build on military reservations, Indian Reservations, or private property without express permission to do so.

Sorry to sound negative here but those are the facts. Do you think you can come build a fence on my land without my permission? Can I do it on your land? Nope, don't think so.
    Oops, you're right JuniusJr! I forgot all about the exclamation mark at the beginning as being akin to Spanish! Not my intent at all - I changed it.

Well, ok. So no fence. No counter demonstrations. A general estimate of less than probably 100,000 U.S. citizens participating in their political arena when it comes to writing, calling, etc. This doesn't even come close to making a dent compared to several million of "illegals" petitioning for "rights" Imagine being a politician who generally only sees 50 Million deciding votes each election time. Then imagine 20 Million POTENTIAL voters who could swing things in the other direction if all those people are legalized and permitted to vote. And vote they soon will!! While those such as you and I and maybe another few hundred thousand are willing to take action against such a proposition - we are a minority. And our illegal citizens could soon become the "majority of our minority". I have absolutely no doubt in my mind on this whatsoever.

Please don't take this the wrong way at all... but I do insist on making a point. When you have a panel addressing a large body of people and a vote is taken ... who deserves your attention most during a vote? Let us use a crowd of two million. A vote is taken. Only 500,000 vote. And of that 500,000 there are 320,000 who vote to lynch a thief instead of incarcerating him. The 1,500,000 who didn't vote are now angry because the "majority of the minority" voted to lynch the man and he is now swinging from the gallows. They cry "too harsh! Barbaric!!" but nay, the majority of those who DID vote said "Lynch Him!!"

So it will be with this illegal immigration thing - and swiftly.

I've noted that for the most part, nearly 75% of every argument or proposed solution I bring up online AND offline - people permit their limitations to shun anything which would work, if only folks were more concerned than they say they are.

Best wishes!!

Kurt

NOOOOO! I didn't say NO fence-- I said that the amount of fence that the MinuteMen can build is going to be limited by the number of people who will let them build on their property. The gaps left by the federal gov't and the landowners who won't let them build fences are going to have to be left up to the gov't to solve.

If the MM actually start building anything, I would probably donate. And if they started building a fence in a place I could get to, I'd probably go help them. I can't go to AZ so there is no point in me thinking I might.

As for marches, there are marches organizing all over the country. I don't see anyone rushing to get involved. But I do see that the senators and the congressmen are getting a bit disturbed with the knowledge that they are going to have to choose sides and stop playing politics sooner or later. That, to me, is a plus.

I think the boycotts will have some effect if enough people participate as well. And in order to get people to participate, it is up to us to spread the word. I'm doing my best.

As for the marchers, I still think it would be best to let the illegals and their supporters hang themselves but that doesn't mean others aren't free to make their own choices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While it is good that you and I both realize that they are now going to have to choose sides (it just doesn't appear that simple anymore darned it)... which side you YOU honestly think they will choose?

Aside from historically that is.

By the way, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying on the fence thing. If I can afford to do it by the time they start building what they CAN build, I'm looking at avenues to go down there. Been wanting to visit my Godparents who live in Mesa for nearly 15 years and never did make it down there. I'm about due to do so anyway. Might as well help build a few feet of fence while I'm there.

As you can tell, while I do have faith in my fellow citizenry - my faith only lies in what they can do when it comes to a literal war or a fight on their own soil. But I am disheartened and faltering on my faith in my fellow American MAJORITY in preventing things from getting to that point. So I'm growing frustrated the more apathetic so many people remain.

I'm sure you can feel what I feel - guess I was born with the ability to haul off and speak out with NO buffering. Sometimes it can be a gift, other times it can most certainly be a curse. *shrugs*

Helping to build the Fence

Concernedveteran, YOU GO, GUY!!!!! You are a national hero for signing up to help build the fence, and don't let anyone discourage you! I've read that a lot of the border land has been bought up by the feds, but the fence will be STARTED on private land and that the landowners are supportive of it. When I say STARTED, I mean I am optimistic that the govt will wise up some day and start protecting us with additional fencing. I know this is a push, BUT WE GOT INTO THE POSITION WE ARE NOW IN (buried under illegal aliens) partly by having our heads in the sand, being politically correct or being discouraged and thinking we can't make a difference.
    The building of the fence by the Minuteman Project is going to be a statement as well as a physical structure. It is telling our leaders that WE MUST BE PROTECTED!!
    I have donated to the Minuteman Project fence, and I plan to donate more. No more political contributions to the party that is failing me. My money's going to the FENCE!

Same here reform_now. I've ceased ALL political contributions and have diverted it toward the fence. I've even earmarked a small percentage to go toward ALIPAC and Veterans For Secure Borders as well. 50% to the fence, 25% toward ALIPAC and 25% toward Veterans for Secure Borders.

Considering the importance of this proposed fence, I'll probably try to INCREASE my annual expenditures on "political contributions" this year so I can send something on a monthly basis. All I gotta do is lower my internet speed from 1 Mb/s down to 720 kb/s which would provide an additional $15 a month or so going to the fence.

Geez, all that financial gibberish there almost sounded like someone else we know in Washin..... ummmm.... never mind. :P

I've read that a lot of the border land has been bought up by the feds, but the fence will be STARTED on private land and that the landowners are supportive of it.
    The border land wasn't bought up by the feds-- some has been military reserves for years. And fences have already been started on private lands.

I have a great deal of hope that the rest of the border will be fenced before it's all over with. The sooner the better. I think that the 700 miles of fence designated in HR 4437 could be the land owned by the government that is still unfenced.

And I'm not trying to discourage anyone. I'm just being realistic.