Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘Dog’ the Bounty Hunter loses extradition battle

‘Dog’ loses extradition battle
    Federal court clears way for Chapman to be sent to Mexico to face charges
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 8:58 a.m. ET Feb 16, 2007

GUADALAJARA, Mexico - A federal court has cleared the way for TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman to be extradited to face charges in Mexico, court officials said.

Norma Jara, a spokeswoman for the second district court in Guadalajara, said the court rejected Chapman's injunction request, ruling there was no reason not to try him with the charge of deprivation of liberty of Mexico.

"We only just heard about the Mexican court's decision to continue with the extradition proceedings, and are still in shock," Chapman and his wife, Beth, said in a statement issued Thursday night in Honolulu.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," they said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Mexican authorities had already asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii.

Chapman's lawyers argued he would not be guaranteed a fair trial in Mexico, Jara said.

The charges against the 53-year-old star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter" stem from his June 2003 capture of convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta, 210 miles west of Guadalajara.

Chapman was arrested Sept. 14 along with his son and another associate and released on $300,000 bail. He faces up to four years in a Mexican jail if convicted.

Luster's capture shot the Honolulu-based bounty hunter to fame and led to the TV series. His disappearance set off an international manhunt by police, FBI and bounty hunters trying to recoup some of the bond money. Luster is serving a 124-year prison term.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17184294/

Next - Boycott Mexico!

(Sorry Dog and family...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm already boycotting anything from Mexico. A friend gave a shirt recently and I looked at the tag it said 'made in Mexico', I threw it into the trash cause that's what it is.

I like watching The Dog Bounty Hunter. He and his family seem very compasionate.

It is sad to see that the criminals are turning everything upside down and backwards just like they are.

I don't stay sad long - I'de rather be mad, very mad...more power.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

The fact that we even need the likes of Dog to do our government's dirty work is exasperating enough... now they're throwing him under the bus?
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

I just visited a site that supports the bounty hunter

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/main.php

but can someone here give me a link that tells me something more about this man ?
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cassie

but can someone here give me a link that tells me something more about this man ?
    No need for links. Just use the search button at the top of the page here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie

No need for links. Just use the search button at the top of the page here.
    I also found this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_the_Bounty_Hunter

Why does the Mexican government protect criminals ??
    The Bounty hunter captured Andrew Luster !
    We should be happy that peole like the Bounty Hunter who are serving the community.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

For sure. It's certainly not a job I'd like to have.

It's obvious the Mexico had not been either interested or capable enough to find this criminal and it took an American bounty hunter to do it. Now our government is going force him to go back to Mexico when they know good and well his chances of a fair trial are between zero and nothing. This is another outrage.

I just wonder who is really behind this decision to extradite him to Mexico?

Probably the same treasonous jerks who landed our two border agents in jail...all part of getting us to accept the NAU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast