Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

‘We are under invasion’: Louie Gohmert talks to Dana Loesch about his trip to the bo

‘We are under invasion’: Louie Gohmert talks to Dana Loesch about his trip to the border

Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM EST

Video at the page link:

During a House Judiciary hearing earlier this week, Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX) voiced his concerns about the health threats that have accompanied the Obama Administration’s immigration policy. Gohmert said Obama is “luring” children across the border by promising them a “free pass,” and that has resulted in an H1N1 flu outbreak at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Additionally, there have been reports of lice and scabies outbreaks at various border patrol posts.

Gohmert is particularly familiar with what is currently transpiring at border towns in Texas after visiting McAllen, Texas last week. He joined guest host Dana Loesch on Thursday’s Glenn Beck Program to discuss what he witnessed and what must be done to curb this crisis.
    “We are under invasion, and this President will not protect our country,” Gohmert said emphatically. “And he will not step in and enforce the law as it is.” Last week, Glenn reacted to a Los Angeles Times report that put the number of people crossing the border into frightening perspective. At the McAllen border patrol station alone, some 1,500 people daily are occupying a space that is meant to house 250 detainees. Likewise, other smaller stations in the area are housing two or three times their capacity. Gohmert confirmed that report.
    “I showed up at the McAllen border patrol facility where they’ve got over 1,000 – maybe over 1,200 people. The facility is not supposed to have that many people,” he said. “But the reason they have them is because of a law previously passed that says, ‘Gee, if border patrol pick up children, then they immediately have to go to Health and Human Services.’ Well, as you know, Health and Human Services is busy right now taking over everybody’s healthcare.”
    As a result, the situation on the ground at these border patrol facilities is truly disturbing. Those who are known to have lice or scabies are cordoned off by nothing more than “red crime scene tape.” Meanwhile, Gohmert described seeing people “lying on the concrete floor” and “huddling” in the corner.
    “It is a terrible situation,” Gohmert said. “As one border patrolman said, ‘I would be livid, I would be ballistic if my child were in this situation.’ But the border patrol’s hands are tied because the law says Health and Human Services have to take them, and they’re not picking them up.”
    While border states like Texas are beginning to take matters into their own hands by stepping up drug enforcement efforts in an attempt to thwart the influx of drug cartels and gang members crossing the border, Gohmert reiterated that most people’s hands are tied.
    Advertisement

“And that’s why I say… there should not be any new immigration bill until the President enforces the law as it is,” Gohmert concluded, “and our Department of ‘Injustice’ begins to be a Department of Justice.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/06/27/...to-the-border/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmm. has Gohmert introduced emergency an bill to remove the law that says they must be turned over to HHS? I'd bet not. To make a responsible action happen I believe that Congress must enact some emergency legislation, before they come home to campaign. When those illnesses start effecting school attendance in August, campaigning by politicians in TX for two more months will not be compfortable unless they pass emergency something that is meaningful.

I really do think politicians are getting scared, even filling their pants, about this election with this coming down on them a month or two before long recess for campaigning and complaining.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Glenn Beck

"...this President will not protect our country."

‘We are under invasion’: Louie Gohmert talks to Dana Loesch about his trip to the border
    “It is a terrible situation."
    glennbeck.com

Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM EST
    Video at the page link:

During a House Judiciary hearing earlier this week, Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX) voiced his concerns about the health threats that have accompanied the Obama Administration’s immigration policy. Gohmert said Obama is “luring” children across the border by promising them a “free pass,” and that has resulted in an H1N1 flu outbreak at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Additionally, there have been reports of lice and scabies outbreaks at various border patrol posts.
    Gohmert is particularly familiar with what is currently transpiring at border towns in Texas after visiting McAllen, Texas last week. He joined guest host Dana Loesch on Thursday’s Glenn Beck Program to discuss what he witnessed and what must be done to curb this crisis.
    “We are under invasion, and this President will not protect our country,” Gohmert said emphatically. “And he will not step in and enforce the law as it is.”
    Last week, Glenn reacted to a Los Angeles Times report that put the number of people crossing the border into frightening perspective. At the McAllen border patrol station alone, some 1,500 people daily are occupying a space that is meant to house 250 detainees. Likewise, other smaller stations in the area are housing two or three times their capacity. Gohmert confirmed that report.
    “I showed up at the McAllen border patrol facility where they’ve got over 1,000 – maybe over 1,200 people. The facility is not supposed to have that many people,” he said. “But the reason they have them is because of a law previously passed that says, ‘Gee, if border patrol pick up children, then they immediately have to go to Health and Human Services.’ Well, as you know, Health and Human Services is busy right now taking over everybody’s healthcare.”
    As a result, the situation on the ground at these border patrol facilities is truly disturbing. Those who are known to have lice or scabies are cordoned off by nothing more than “red crime scene tape.” Meanwhile, Gohmert described seeing people “lying on the concrete floor” and “huddling” in the corner.
    “It is a terrible situation,” Gohmert said. “As one border patrolman said, ‘I would be livid, I would be ballistic if my child were in this situation.’ But the border patrol’s hands are tied because the law says Health and Human Services have to take them, and they’re not picking them up.”
    While border states like Texas are beginning to take matters into their own hands by stepping up drug enforcement efforts in an attempt to thwart the influx of drug cartels and gang members crossing the border, Gohmert reiterated that most people’s hands are tied.
    “And that’s why I say… there should not be any new immigration bill until the President enforces the law as it is,” Gohmert concluded, “and our Department of ‘Injustice’ begins to be a Department of Justice.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/06/27/...to-the-border/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)