Like Tree5Likes

Thread: “Illegal Immigrant” No Longer an Acceptable Term—It’s Hurtful

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

“Illegal Immigrant” No Longer an Acceptable Term—It’s Hurtful

“Illegal Immigrant” No Longer an Acceptable Term—It’s Hurtful

Sometimes, I feel as though I’m in an episode of The Twilight Zone, mixed with a twisted Groundhog Day, being forced to suffer some kind of eternal punishment. I wake up, I turn on my computer, and I read some news story about some supposedly amazing social project upon which Liberals are working; or some new rule dictated by the leaders of the Left; or even a surprise attack on someone in the Conservative community for saying something that runs afoul of Liberal constitutions–by which I mean their sensibilities, not the actual Constitution; because we know they don’t have any regard for that. It never ends. Despite this, Liberals still continue to surprise me.

Today, my new twisted horror descended upon me in the form of political correctness. I knew the day would come when it would no longer be “appropriate” to say “illegal immigrant;” just as the term “illegal alien” fell from grace several years ago. Well, here we are, folks.

According to ABC News: “The Associated Press…will no longer use the term ‘illegal immigrant.’”
    The AP said: “The Stylebook no longer sanctions the term ‘illegal immigrant,’ or the use of ‘illegal’ to describe a person… [We] sought the views of a cross-section of AP staffers.”

Many outlets are beginning to regard the term “illegal immigrant” as demeaning and dehumanizing to those who are, you know, breaking the law. This effort to ban the term comes several years after the term “illegal alien” became taboo, because it was viewed as too harsh and dehumanizing. Apparently, the word “illegal” will now be replaced with “undocumented,” or “unauthorized.” I wonder what comes next?
    Within a span of several years, we went from “illegal alien,” to “illegal immigrant,” to “undocumented immigrant,” and now “unauthorized immigrant.” The reasoning behind the changes has always hinged on political correctness. Every change is said to have been demanded by some group of people, because they are offended by the words. My question is: does someone who doesn’t want to be known as “illegal,” want to be known as “unauthorized?” In addition to that, who are the offended parties? Usually white Liberals.

I can hear the press release two years from now:
    “Due to an outpouring from individuals who take deep offense at being called ‘unauthorized,’ we have decided to make a change to a more tactful term: ‘immigrants who came here because they had no other choice, due to a lack of work or funds in their own country; who, for lack of a better description, are residing here outside of the parameters of United States law’”

Over the years, I have found that political correctness can never find its footing, because the cultural sands are always shifting. One change leads to another, which is ultimately banished to the word ghetto–sorry, can I use the word “ghetto?”–which is replaced by another word, and so on, until no one is happy.
    The AP is a front for the Left, as are most news agencies. By slowly softening the way in which we discuss illegal immigrants, they are trying to slowly change our perspective as well. The Left wants illegal immigrants to be granted citizenship, and ultimately, voting rights, so that they can gain 11 million new voters. It’s a ploy that takes time; but with the help of the press, the timeframe can be significantly shortened.

As Jay Leno remarked on the Tonight Show,

“And in a groundbreaking move, the Associated Press…will no longer use the term ‘illegal immigrant.’ That is out. No longer ‘illegal immigrant.’ They will now use the phrase ‘undocumented Democrat.’”

Very astute, Jay; and unfortunately very true.

http://lastresistance.com/1817/illeg...m-its-hurtful/

Is it hurtful, oh my. But, but tell me is it as hurtful as rape,and murder and all the other atroicites done by these illegal immigrant alien invaders that criminally sneak into our Country illegally and undocumented???? The same ones who commit tons of these rapes and murders upon our citizens including children???? Sorry, I don't think so not any where near as hurtful, as illegal immigrant is..tough it out bub!! Like I an supposed to feel sorry for an illegal undocumented immigrant alien invader rapist!!

Sorry I know this was brought over before but I just had to re bring it over again today due to the fact that more rape and murders stories were on the news by these illegal, alien,immigrant invader,undocumented, rapists.
    Last edited by kathyet; 04-05-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Why would we cater to people who choose to break our laws? Why should we care if THEY are offended? We are far more offended than they are. This is OUR country. Don't take away our freedom of speech because of decietful illegal immigrants! We don't care if their damned feelings are hurt. The families of victoms of illegals don't care.

We are sick and tired of illegals, yes ILLEGALS who get catered to at every turn. It is time for legal Americans to matter. This madness has to end. These illegals need to go back to their own countries where they belong. Let them scream and demand for what they want there, not here!

Fair is fair right?

Murderer's will be from henceforth called "unwanted end of life consultants".

Rapists will be from henceforth called "unconsentual sexual partners".

Burglar's will be from henceforth called "uninvited house guests" (they will be required by law to be treated nicer then your inlaws)

Drug dealer's will be from henceforth called "unlicsenced pharmecutical dealer"

Politicians will be from henceforth called "god"/ (it suits their complex after all).

This crap is just plain old stupid. Maybe we need to pass out a few dictionaries among liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    Fair is fair right?

Murderer's will be from henceforth called "unwanted end of life consultants".

Rapists will be from henceforth called "unconsentual sexual partners".

Burglar's will be from henceforth called "uninvited house guests" (they will be required by law to be treated nicer then your inlaws)

Drug dealer's will be from henceforth called "unlicsenced pharmecutical dealer"

Politicians will be from henceforth called "god"/ (it suits their complex after all).

This crap is just plain old stupid. Maybe we need to pass out a few dictionaries among liberals.

Hahahahaha! I needed a good laugh!