Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

“Skill Shortageâ€

[b][size=200]“Skill Shortageâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Hey I got an Idea.. lets have thousands and Thousands and Thousands of H-1Bs come into the country and do jobs that we lazy fat Americans just will not do since 2001

I have to tell you folks. I am a disabled veteran that was working on my Engineering degree and stopped dead in my tracks after talking to several people I know that are being bumped out of their jobs for a lower payed professional from another country to take their job

Dont let these politicians bamboozle you ... you are being prepped for a service industry job ... nothing more. Your countries wealth is being passed out like candy to foreigner's while you get the scraps
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The worst part of being jobless and broke after a stellar scientific education is that it's "my fault" somehow. "Let me see if I can fix your resume," "maybe you don't network enough," "perhaps you come off as too smart during the interview" (WHAT interview??). These responses have created rifts between me and some of my family and friends. That's the worst part - getting the sell-out legitimized from fellow Americans who would rather blame each other than wake up to the truth and help change it. I looked into moving to Ireland and other countries because "they need high-tech workers" but I'm not seeing a high demand for Americans at all. In fact, I read that many of the skilled Europeans here illegally are returning home before getting caught and there is no shortage at all. But it's "my" fault still, for not networking enough to impress Ireland. Physics and engineering degrees aren't impressive on their own - it's who you know and who knows you. It wasn't like this ten years ago - all my friends with similar backgrounds immediately secured jobs with great money and security. They don't get it either - must be something wrong with me is what they think. So I work at mickey-mouse jobs with people who are constantly surprised at my intelligence and efficiency, and dumbfounded why I can't find a job with a livable wage. Me too.

I just ran across this article while searching Rural Organizing Project.

I don't know much about the site or how legitimate it is, but I thought it may be somehow connected with the Farming Bill and Big Ag Business, and how our small farmers were put out of business by the Corporate farmers.

I just thought it was strange the same was done in India.

This is really a must read and very scary what these Corporations are doing in the name of Progress.

The reason I posted this is I have heard the same comments from the Illegal Immigrants, and was wondering if the H1-B Visas was somehow related since they are mostly from India. ??????

If this is the practice our government is implementing all over the world it is disgraceful not only for us but for the people they are destroying.

In some ways I feel we should be on the same side as some we are fighting against, if they were not so arrogant, corrupt, disrespectful, and lawless.

This could have something to do with not wanting these people to learn our language, kind of like that tower they were building, best way to stop it was for the people to not be able to communicate.

http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/opin/devsh_400mar.html

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    The worst part of being jobless and broke after a stellar scientific education is that it's "my fault" somehow. "Let me see if I can fix your resume," "maybe you don't network enough," "perhaps you come off as too smart during the interview" (WHAT interview??). These responses have created rifts between me and some of my family and friends. That's the worst part - getting the sell-out legitimized from fellow Americans who would rather blame each other than wake up to the truth and help change it. I looked into moving to Ireland and other countries because "they need high-tech workers" but I'm not seeing a high demand for Americans at all. In fact, I read that many of the skilled Europeans here illegally are returning home before getting caught and there is no shortage at all. But it's "my" fault still, for not networking enough to impress Ireland. Physics and engineering degrees aren't impressive on their own - it's who you know and who knows you. It wasn't like this ten years ago - all my friends with similar backgrounds immediately secured jobs with great money and security. They don't get it either - must be something wrong with me is what they think. So I work at mickey-mouse jobs with people who are constantly surprised at my intelligence and efficiency, and dumbfounded why I can't find a job with a livable wage. Me too.
    Your unfortunate dilemma is precisely why we can't give up. You, and countless others, have been betrayed by our government and so-called American corporations. If we lose this battle, we lose our country and our children's future.

Hang in there. In time, all who are oblivious to this invasion will receive a rude awakening. Hopefully it won't be too late.

I can't help but be reminded of Noah's Ark. They all thought he was crazy....until the flood came.

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    I am going to suggest an option you may want to consider.

You may want to check into Rural Areas with Hospitals, they have a hard time finding qualified employees in the tech field.

The reason there is a demand for them is they are going paperless and constantly upgrading for the new rules the government is implementing.

This is just a suggestion, you may be able to find out if there are any positions available by contacting the Hospitals in your area, most are affiliated.

Just a thought, but I know from experience they are worshipped at these Rural facilities. (I am not sure about the pay scale, but it may be worth your time to check into it) could open alot of doors for you.

Thanks LeShel for the suggestion. I did look into working at hospitals, but in CA, and CA ONLY, you need a Medical Clinician certificate to apply - no matter how extensive your background is in laboratory chemistry, biology, etc. It's just a basic lab skills course I could do in my sleep. Problem is, it is only offered at SJSU here in the Bay Area. I applied, but you go to school for a year without pay and then you intern at a local hospital - if you're lucky. That wasn't an issue, though, as there are too many applicants and priority is given to matriculating students (currently in school). They said every year there are only enough spots open for those returning students. I tell my friends I can't even get a job pouring test tubes and they just don't understand it, given my background. Those are nice jobs too, good pay and benefits and transferrable. But that's another closed door for me. So I applied to do grunt tech work at semiconductor fab-labs - but like most jobs I apply for (if I ever hear back at all) I'm told I'm over-qualified.
    Thanks though - I've been called an "enigma" "anathema" and "conundrum" by fellow scientists, so hopefully I'm just experiencing a weird holding pattern. I keep applying, waiting and hoping. It's just that I end up working with crazy and immature people at the bottom of the heap at an unlivable wage and it's really wearing me down.