Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1 In 300,000,000

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10182006/ne ... panile.htm

3 CITY HOSPS STAKE CLAIM ON BEING BIRTHPLACE OF MILESTONE AMERICAN TOT

By CARL CAMPANILE

October 18, 2006 -- Three city hospitals yesterday claimed to be the birthplace of the 300 millionth American - by delivering babies precisely at 7:46 a.m.

It's a real New York tale.

The race was on after the U.S. Census Department reported this month that, based on its calculations, the 300 millionth American would be born at precisely that time.

Elmhurst Hospital in Queens was first out of the box - announcing the birth of Emanuel Plata after her mother delivered at 7:46 a.m.

Emanuel - whose parents hail from Mexico - was delivered via Caesarian section. He weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 18 1/2 inches.

Shortly thereafter, New York-Presbyterian-Cornell Hospital in Manhattan reported that Zoe Emille Hudson was born at 7:46.

Zoe's mom, Maria Diaz, was scheduled for a C-section tomorrow, but went into labor early yesterday.

Zoe is the daughter of a mother of Dominican and Puerto Rican ancestry from The Bronx. Her father is banker Garvin Hudson, whose parents immigrated from Jamaica.

"Zoe is Dominican, Puerto Rican, Jamaican and American. You do the math," the proud papa quipped.

Zoe weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and measured 20 inches.

Meanwhile, Flushing Medical Center in Queens claimed it delivered the 300th million American - Joana Palaguachi - through natural childbirth. Her mom, Maria, recently moved here from Ecuador.

"I'm very happy with the thought of possibly having the 300 millionth child born," she said

Elmhurst is one of the city's 11 public hospitals operated by the Health and Hospitals Corp. And Mayor Bloomberg's top hospital officials were well prepared for the occasion.

Baby Emanuel was covered in a blanket welcoming him as the "300 millionth American baby." And mom wore a "300 million" blanket with an HHC logo.

HHC President Alan Aviles presented mama Gricelda with a framed "300 million baby" certificate.

"We deliver close to 25,000 babies a year. We thought there was a good chance about a 7:46 a.m. delivery," said Aviles.

"I'm very emotional about the whole thing," said Gricelda, 22.

Emanuel's father, Armando, was thrilled that citizen number 300 million happened to be a Latino - and it was his son.

For other hospitals, it was close but no cigar.

Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn delivered a baby girl, Mystique, at 7:50 a.m.

And Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn - which delivers more babies than any other in the city - had three boys born, at 7:21, 7:56 and 8:02 a.m.

carl.campanile@nypost.com
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

What a shock, the 300,000,000th baby born in the U.S. is not even a real American. All three of these featured are to Latino immigrant mothers, Mexican, Ecuadoran and Puerto Rican. Why not try to find a baby born in the U.S. that is to American parents, you know someone who can speak English, who won't grow up to be on welfare and drop out of school and be a gang banger?

Oh yeah, that's right, real Americans can't have many kids anymore, they can't afford to, thanks to the burden of having to pay for all the anchor babies of illegal aliens, and then their welfare, medical care, education, and finally their incarceration costs. I wonder if the parents whose remarks were printed were translated into English? I wonder if any of these parents paid their hospital delivery costs, or were they passed on to the taxpayers as usual?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

MW
    Well, it would appear chances are good that at least two of these children were born to illegal immigrant mothers. If that is the case, the births should not have counted since the child was not born of American citizen parents. In other words, they shouldn't have been here in the first place!

Mayor Bloomberg is doing a great job in NYC. Did you hear about his car getting hijacked today? Truth be known, it was probably an illegal immigrant that hijacked his car.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Personally I don't care who the 300,000,000th birth was. I don't see how they can verify it anyway. It's just the news of the day for the media to have fun with.
    Many of you may be able to live in less crowded areas but as far as I'm concerned many areas are way tooooo crowded. Makes for a stressed society, not good.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Jean wrote:

Many of you may be able to live in less crowded areas but as far as I'm concerned many areas are way tooooo crowded. Makes for a stressed society, not good.
    Twenty-two years ago I bought several acres and a home in a rural area. Guess what, the area is no longer rural. My home is located on a dead-end road that is almost 2 miles in length. When I moved in there were 6 housed on a dirt road. Now there are 22 homes and the road has been paved. My land is backed by North Carolina Game Lands, which used to be great, but now during hunting season it sounds like the fourth of July around here. When I purchased my home, I had the woods to myself. Heck, I walked into the woods behind my home the other day and saw a deer hunter sitting in a tree stand just 20 yards from the border of my property - that's too damn close for my comfort. It's getting ridiculous!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

New York has negative population growth if you don't factor in illegal aliens and massive, unfettered immigration. The people that are moving out have five and six figure incomes, college degrees, and very often operate their own profitable businesses. They're being killed by this state's Medicaid cost overruns, exorbitant property taxes and outrageous social services, most of which is put towards non-workers, including illegal aliens.

These productive citizens are being replaced by low-wage, low-skilled and unskilled, and very often uneducated, aliens. What's worse, even though the education level of Mexican "migrants" to the city has increased the amount of criminals has as well, since most of them come from cities like Puebla now, instead of remote, rural areas.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't news, its a distraction to keep us from thinking about how our rights are being systematically taken away, including Eminate Domain, the Military Commissions Act and the non-enforcement of our immigration laws--all in preparation for the NAU. It would seem that no one in Congress or the Senate can stand up to be a whistle-blower. We need lots of these. Stay focused, people!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think it's a distraction at all.

The fact that there are 300 million people in the United States-and that the 300 millionth individual was born to illegal aliens-is very relevant to the discussions we're having right now.

This is a huge issue; one that's constantly been highlighted by immigration reform organizations like Numbers USA, The Center For Immigration Studies, Save Our State, etc., etc., in their campaign to impose sensible restrictions and normalized border enforcement.