Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

100 Nepali Migrant Workers just "disappeared"..

into thin air. Huntsville ALA

We are so worried about Homeland Security that our government has no ability to track them.

Another theory about migrants being "good people"...they stripped the apartments bare before leaving.

These are some of the types of folk O'bama wants to continue to bring into this country.

I know a lot of folks around Huntsville and Georgia border looking for work. Why can't this Company pay a decent wage and hire them?

http://www.sajaforum.org/2008/01/breaki ... .html#more

About 100 Nepali migrant workers are missing from a DVD manufacturing plant and nobody seems to know where they went or what happened. But there is plenty speculation.

About 100 people who came from Nepal to work at a north Alabama factory seemingly vanished from a pair of apartment buildings, along with a lot of furniture and appliances, and can't be located, officials said Tuesday.

Immigration agents are trying to determine what happened to the Nepalese workers, among hundreds brought to the United States to work at a DVD factory operated by Cinram Inc., said Lauren Bethune, a spokeswoman for the Alabama Department of Homeland Security.

These workers were hired to work 12-hour shifts for $8/hour.

WAAY-TV, which first reported on this, said the group of workers from Nepal simply disappeared without any warning, creating a potential security risk.

Before leaving, some of the Nepalese allegedly stole furniture and television sets from their furnished apartments. Cinram spokeswoman Lyne Fisher says the missing workers do not pose a security threat. <snip>

Officials at Cinram and Blair Staffing Agency said they believe most of these workers got homesick and went back to Nepal. That has not been verfified by the tracking system that Homeland Security officials use.

Not the most logical reason from Cinram officials. Why would 100 people get homesick at the same time and want to go back home together?

The funny thing is that nobody knows what kind of visas these workers came with. But their landlords seemed to make some sense.

Landlords at the apartment complex where the Nepalese workers had lived said they had scattered to New York, Florida, and other places across the country. Homeland Security officials said the investigation is ongoing.

There have been quite a few individual cases in the past where Nepalis, some of whom were famous actors and artists in Nepal, vanished from the place they were issued their visas for and moved to another place in search of work.

Cinram Inc., an Ontario-based multimedia products manufacturers, had hired about 1,350 foreign workers last fall to package DVDs at its plant in Huntsville. They have two other manufacturing plants in the United States - in Richmond, Indiana and Olyphant, Pennsylvania.

Besides Nepal, the company has used foreign workers from Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Ukraine.

Please post your thoughts below.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Banned
    Yup
    Into thin air

Saw this the other day

Most people are not aware of just how many people our govt
    is bringing in here from places that might not be friendly to this
    country

Yeah, they probably got home sick and went back to Nepal.
    I suppose they could claim the stoves and tv sets as souvenires at customs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well that is what I thought, not going to get to far with TV's, furniture and appliances. My guess is they are on their way to bigger cities like Atlanta, where they can disappear further, in their next stage of becoming now Illegal Immigrants.

Are they not breaking laws concerning their VISAs? They have become criminals from stealing in the USA.

I heard their rent was free or near free, and their plane tickets were paid, even though they worked for only $8.00 per hour....no real living expenses.

This stuff just chaps my butt.

It is this kind of thing that now has me soured on ALL immigration, because no immigrant is abiding US immigration laws. Time for total shutdown until we fix a broke system. I say 10 years.

The taking of furniture ,etc is nothing new -my freind rented a trailer that was last used by illegal aliens-they had sawed a hole in the floor to put stuff in 'storage',they had ran a small air conditioner INSIDE the house and the water from it had rotted the wood around it.They took all the light fixtures, provided furniture,toilet seat,mirror in bathroom and even all the light bulbs.She had not been in the trailer since they had left and it was way out in the country.She told on the way there that they had left in a hurry but were paid up on thier rent.He asked''will I have to clean up or anything''?Oh, they are such nice spanish people please do not say anything bad about them,I'm sure they cleaned up and left it in perfect order,they are such hard workers ,you know''.When they open the door,he said they cleaned up allright! He ended up not renting the trailer,the repairs and stopped up plumbing was too much.Apparently,the plumbing had been stopped up for awhile and the hole in the floor was a place to store used toilet paper and human dumpings.

It is this kind of thing that now has me soured on ALL immigration, because no immigrant is abiding US immigration laws. Time for total shutdown until we fix a broke system. I say 10 years.
    ITA. We need a moratorium and a sewer drainage of all the garbage residing in this country . . . especially in our government which for all intents and purpose has run amok on both sides of the aisel.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

How do we deport Congress, along with them?

I am so sick of stupid idiot people feeling sorry for these poor hard working people. Well if you love them so much then you subsidise them. Let it be on your dime. If they had to take care of them, I bet they would change their tune. MORONS!

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    .Apparently,the plumbing had been stopped up for awhile and the hole in the floor was a place to store used toilet paper and human dumpings.

Nasty Nasty Nasty !!!! But just look at where they come from
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

I am going round with someone on another forum. He thinks they are wonderful and lives in the middle of an area that is 50% mexican. He thinks I am racist, etc. He thinks we are making a big deal out of nothing. These are the kind of people that vote the nuts we have in office now.

I thinks these folks should subsidize them directly out of their paycheck, job share, have to live next door to them, work with them, and listen to their crap music everyday.