Thread: 14th Amendment

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

14th Amendment

Has anyone heard any information re; this? I know bills have been pushed around but I'm not sure if they're getting anywhere. This IS the crux of the problem. If some of these people came here on temp work visas,which I believe we need,this would eliminate most of the problems. Knowing that their babies would not be citizens would discourage the baby machines and also eliminate some of our fears. If we could reconstruct the 14th amendment for what it is truly intended to be I think many of us could accept work programs.

WELL I AGREE WITH YOU ON RE-INTERPRETING THE 14TH AMENDMENT. BUT I DONT AGREE THAT WE NEED FOREIGN WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY. AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF DOING ALL OF THE NECESSARY JOBS THAT NEED TO BE DONE IN THIS COUNTRY. AND BUSINESSES ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF PAYING THEM A DECENT WAGE AND PROVIDING DECENT WORKING CONDITIONS. THE NOTION THAT WE NEED FOREIGN WORKERS IS A MYTH.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Believe me I'm not suggesting we need millions of low-skilled workers, however America isn't the America of the 1920's,30's where we had a large population of people who didn't attend college and who were working certain jobs that I honestly don't think they would work today. I've talked to many business owners who complain about young American teenagers (in summer jobs etc) who are unreliable and quite frankly don't want to work. I'm not saying they're all like that and perhaps thats another discussion. I honestly think we hire Americans first, if and only if we need workers such as in agriculture then we get them. The Bracero Program worked for many years here in California where agriculture is a big business. Honestly I have never seen a caucasian working in the fields.

I believe that if a case went before the Supreme Court,the court would assert the fact that the 14th amendment wasn't intended to furnish instant citizenship to every foreigner that happened to be on a temporary visit to this country when giving birth.I don't think we need a work visa plan for foreign workers,as millions of jobs are already being outsourced,we allow 2 and1/2 million legal immigrants each year,and we have an estimated 37 million illegals already here,so if there are any remaining jobs the hundreds of thousands of citizens that are out of work should get them.One of the pro-illegal crowds favorite sentences is that "we need the foreign workers". Don't believe it for a minute.If you pay a decent wage you'll have all the American citizen workers you need.The problem is that its going to take a long time to ween companies from their illegal labor.

Or if we do bring in farm workers....bring them in when they are needed and then they go home....none of this "Citizenship" attached to it....come for the season...do NOT bring your whole family and then go home
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Has anyone heard any information re; this? .
    There's nothing being done - just like the fence.

I haven't seen no action to move the bills to the floor.

I was hoping the SAVE ACT might address this

I do think Americans could do the jobs, and I think they would - that is just an opinion, however.

It isn't the 20's or 30's, but Americans were doing these jobs well into the 70's and beyond when this began.

One reason teenagers don't go to work at these jobs is there has been stigma attached to some jobs now . Also, many don't want to work where there are a huge number of illegals working. They would be uncomfortable as would anyone who didn't speak Spanish.

Yes, the pay would have to be more - because the American would have to pay taxes - or he/she would be in trouble.

If we need seasonal workers, then bring in the workers, sans family, send them home when the work is over. The employer would be responsible for them while they are here. No free food, medical care, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDome
    One of the pro-illegal crowds favorite sentences is that "we need the foreign workers". Don't believe it for a minute.If you pay a decent wage you'll have all the American citizen workers you need.The problem is that its going to take a long time to ween companies from their illegal labor.
    I live in a small town. We have a street corner, near a gas station, that is a gathering place for "day workers." Many, many contractors, landscapers, and business owners drive in, discuss prices, and pick up workers for the day. Two interesting things to note:
    1) The group that gathers there is 100% Mexican. A friend of mine - a citizen and a veteran temporarily out of work figured he could pick up some work and so he wandered on down and picked up a day job - the guy who hired him was happy to have someone who spoke English. The next day, he went down to the corner. He was immediately ousted by the Mexicans. When he stood on the corner, a police cruiser stopped and asked him if he was loitering.
    2) When these Mexicans are picked up, a price per hour or job is negotiated. The lowest per hour price I have heard accepted is $8.00 an hour - well over the minimum wage US citizens are expected to accept. I have been asking a LOT of contractors what they pay, and it's generally $9-$10/hour. Now I take the contractors' cards and have them write what they will pay an illegal. I give the cards to out of work citizens so they can contact the contractors and earn what wets get.

Ntrixie said:
    One reason teenagers don't go to work at these jobs is there has been stigma attached to some jobs now . Also, many don't want to work where there are a huge number of illegals working. They would be uncomfortable as would anyone who didn't speak Spanish.

I totally agree, I have seen it happen many time with the neighborhood kids I know. They are talked about behind their backs, or even worse right in front of them. The complaints to the manager did nothing to change the situation... I dont like even going into a fast food place to order , let alone work there. Out of the 8 fast food places we have in my town, only two hire english speaking kids. So that is where I go now if I choose to get fast food. Thanks God for In and Out
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*