Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

195 illegal aliens arrested by ICE in Florida...

News ReleasesAugust 30, 2007

195 illegal aliens arrested by ICE in Florida during two-week operation

MIAMI - One hundred ninety-five illegal aliens were arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) deportation officers assigned to the Florida Field Office of Detention and Removal following the culmination of a two-week operation which ended Friday. Last week alone there were 68 criminal aliens arrested in the Tampa, Miami and Orlando area. ICE deportation officers teamed up with ICE special agents assigned to the Tampa and Miami SAC Offices to execute the arrests.

Of those arrested, 115 were fugitive aliens who had due process under law and were ordered deported by an immigration judge. The fugitives chose to not comply with their lawful orders and remained in the country illegally.

Among the criminal aliens arrested was Carlyle Thompson, a 32-year-old Bahamian national who resided in South Florida. Thompson, who entered the country as a visitor for pleasure and remained in the country past his period of admission, was convicted of child abuse with injury in Jan. 2006.

Also arrested was 31-year-old Elvin Matos-Pelletier, a Dominican national convicted on March 28, 2007 of lewd and lascivious battery and lewd and lascivious molestation of a minor. Matos-Pelletier resided in the Orlando area.

Both Thompson and Matos-Pelletier have been charged with being in violation of immigration laws. They will remain in ICE custody awaiting the outcome of their case. The fugitives arrested during the operation face imminent deportation.

"Our officers and agents are working tirelessly every day to uphold the laws of our great nation," said Michael Rozos, field office director for the Office of Detention and Removal in Florida. "Those who think that they can circumvent the law are mistaken."

These arrests are part of an ongoing ICE effort to identify, arrest and remove those who pose a threat to our communities and who have no legal right to remain in the country.

-- 070830miami.htm --

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was established in March 2003 as the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE is comprised of five integrated divisions that form a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.

http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/newsreleases ... 0miami.htm
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

Welcome ranibow13.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: 195 illegal aliens arrested by ICE in Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow13
    Among the criminal aliens arrested was Carlyle Thompson, a 32-year-old Bahamian national who resided in South Florida. Thompson, who entered the country as a visitor for pleasure and remained in the country past his period of admission, was convicted of child abuse with injury in Jan. 2006.

Also arrested was 31-year-old Elvin Matos-Pelletier, a Dominican national convicted on March 28, 2007 of lewd and lascivious battery and lewd and lascivious molestation of a minor. Matos-Pelletier resided in the Orlando area.
    Two more child predators!!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

What I don't understand is how they know so much about criminal activity and how to cover stuff up. After all, they are quiet, hard working people, and all they want to do is work to care for their families......yeah right.

Recently we had a news story about someone driving a vehicle, he seriously injured a kid, (head injuries, etc.) he drove up onto the sidewalk and what he did, was take the plates off of the vehicle before he vanished. Some people on the street overheard him saying "they are going to kill me."

So far as I know, no arrests. I don't know about people here, but where I am in Ct. we just do not get much if any information about what is going on with the illegals. What info I get is from sites, newspapers outside of Ct and relatives. We are in the dark here, and of course we have reps who totally support the illegal aliens, forgetting about their constituents. As well as the local nutcase mayor of new haven.

Quote Originally Posted by RealID
    What I don't understand is how they know so much about criminal activity and how to cover stuff up. After all, they are quiet, hard working people, and all they want to do is work to care for their families......yeah right.

Recently we had a news story about someone driving a vehicle, he seriously injured a kid, (head injuries, etc.) he drove up onto the sidewalk and what he did, was take the plates off of the vehicle before he vanished. Some people on the street overheard him saying "they are going to kill me."

So far as I know, no arrests. I don't know about people here, but where I am in Ct. we just do not get much if any information about what is going on with the illegals. What info I get is from sites, newspapers outside of Ct and relatives. We are in the dark here, and of course we have reps who totally support the illegal aliens, forgetting about their constituents. As well as the local nutcase mayor of new haven.
    Welcome RealID. You're right the MSM (Main Stream Media) will never tell you the truth because they are OBL's (Open Border Lobbyists). You need to check sites like Alipac, NumbersUSA, MAIA, You Don't Speak For Me and others. That's why the Dems want to shut down conservative radio. They once ruled all media. They still rule TV for the most part and news print. It's talk radio and the Internet that has revolutionized the media for most people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They need to take that 195 and turn it into 19,500,000.

And the week after that, take care of the remaining 500,000.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

I do belong to Numbers USA, CTIC, and a few other sites. I have gotten to the You Don't Speak for Me and a few other sites, including CAPS.

I just crack up all the time when some media type hypes about how hard working the illegal aliens are. Don't we teach history anymore? I know most things seem to no longer be relevant, pledge of allegience, etc, but darn, every single wave of immigrants (legal) and I am sure some (illegal) always were the ones to work really hard. Using that phase "hard workers" is just an annoyance and put down upon USA citizens, implying we don't work as hard. We just want to work for liveable wages, not slave labor. But I have to say I also have spoken to people in various industries and they seem to be under the impression that we citizens just don't want to work as hard anymore, at least our younger workers.

I think its mostly a loyalty thing. Most of the younger workers have seen parents who worked only for one employer and then lose their jobs. They don't want to get themselves into such a position. I can't say I blame them, with what is going on, outsourcing, plants closing. Now the truckers, construction, meatpackers. Pretty soon there won't be much to find, since we are being replaced by cheap labor, though our prices sure don't go down for goods and services, but the owner/company sees increased profits and satisfies himself and in other cases shareholders. Its too bad, that as a nation, we are greedy and cheap.

I prefer to support my local stores, as long as no illegals are hired, my local farms. So many around our way have the pick your own all the time, and that's what I do, as well as buying a "share" for my produce. Our parents ate local foodstuffs, and did without fruits and veggies not in season, I can too. Probably a lot healthier too, besides being tastier.

Unfortunately our town is getting more and more of the spill off from New Haven and that makes me mad. We do have a lot of the Yalie profs and doctors, etc. where I live and lots of liberals like that, but I think we have turned around the past several years and seem to be more conservative in our voting anyhow. No longer the "working man's " town I guess. Or just fed up.

I just wish there was a way to get it passed where we citizens could vote on term limits, instead of our reps voting on eliminating their job....doesn't seem right that they don't consider that a conflict of interest, in their votes to protect themselves. Then again, they don't read bills, hence all the "presents" put in at the last minute as well as items someone desires just prior to a vote.........what a joke.

They wonder why we distrust them...........amazing.

I'll tell them who is hard working. The American citizen who is working to pay their own way and the way of the illegals. We have double duty. We're paying for their education, their health care, and all of infrastructure of our cities and states are are falling behind because of the over crowding on our roads, schools, etc. You don't even want to go to Huntington Beach any more its filthy with all the illegals.