Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 newcomers to run against Lindsey Graham

GOP senator's big role in immigration debate rouses possible entrantsJIM DAVENPORTAssociated PressCOLUMBIA --
    S.C. Republicans upset with U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham's support of an immigration bill are readying to challenge one of their own next year.

At least two political newcomers plan to run against the state's senior senator when he seeks a second term in 2008. Also, state Rep. Jeff Duncan and former U.S. Rep. Tommy Hartnett said Friday that they are considering entering the race.

"I'm keeping the track shoes unlaced so I can slip my feet into them quick if I need to," said Hartnett, 65. "I would hate to see him get a free ride."

The newcomers cited Graham's support of President Bush's proposal to legalize the status of millions of immigrants as one of the top reasons to challenge their fellow Republican. Duncan, 41, was tightlipped about why he is considering a bid, and Hartnett said Graham had lost his way.

"He wants to work more with the people in the Senate than he does for the people of South Carolina," Hartnett said.

Graham's support of the failed immigration proposal has drawn criticism from many within the GOP.

Maybe the "bigots" can defeat him As long as the new Senator is anti illegal immigration it will be a victory.

The "biggots" will be voting him out of office.

Lindsey La Raza, "your going home"! How's that scarlet A wearing on you?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Graham

Sadly, the more candidates that challenge him in the primary, the more likely he is to get nominated.

This is GREAT news!
    If we can get quality candidates in the GOP Primary down there, Little Goober is toast!

even if he loses in the primary which i doubt he will then a democrat will win in the general election and that will be more seats for dems in the senate. Its a win win situation.

Please Provide Link to Article. Thanks.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob
    This is GREAT news!
    If we can get quality candidates in the GOP Primary down there, Little Goober is toast!

I agree
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

WAY TO GO SOUTH CAROLINA
    AMERICA CAN HEAR YOU NOW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast