Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 reasons I would vote for Ron Paul

If you haven't heard he raised 5.3 million in one day. and now has a chance at the Republican nomination.

here are my reasons.

1. I recently found a quote from Dr. Paul in which he stated he was against 'collectivism' or basically the idea that people have to conform to being black, hispanic, gay etc... in that quote he said (paraphrase) "we do not give people their rights because they are gay, woman or black... we give people rights and freedoms because they are individuals"

I found it in this video (about 7 minutes in):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

2. This quote from his website:
    It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act (H.R. 190) ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.
    now I am not a republican so i dont have a say, but as an independent he looks better every day.

It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act (H.R. 190) ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.
    Hmmmm......I wonder why Duncan Hunter hasn't signed on to that????.........

I don't really, just trying to show how ludicrous MW's post was in the Duncan Hunter thread...
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

We need and must have a president who believes in America and it's middle class and Ron Paul is the only one in my opinion who can bring about some change. No one person can do it all however he is a step in the right direction.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

MW
    kniggit wrote:

Hmmmm......I wonder why Duncan Hunter hasn't signed on to that????.........

I don't really, just trying to show how ludicrous MW's post was in the Duncan Hunter thread...
    Why is it ludicrous to question why a bill to release Ramos and Compean from prison was not signed by Paul?

Hunter's bill had at least 100 cosponsors. Moreover, it had all our toughest illegal immigration/border security allies (in the U.S. House) signed on. Paul's bill has only 11 cosponsors. I would suggest there is a huge difference here. Obviously there is a perceived problem with this bill, if not I would think some of our steadfast allies like Rep. Tancredo, Rep. Poe, Rep. Rohrabacher, Rep. Bilbray, Rep. Royce, Rep. King, etc., etc. would have signed on as cosponsors. Interestingly, Paul also submitted this bill in the 109th Congress as H.R. 858. It only had the same 11 cosponsors then too.

I admit at a glance it looks like a good bill. If it'll make you feel any better, I'll write and call Hunter's office and ask him to support this bill as a cosponsor.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wouldn't toss Ron Paul over one bill, or any other candidate for that matter. There are minor technical writings in each bill that can turn a potential supporter away. I personally think at this point in time Paul will be the less likely one to be "bought off" in the long run and stick to what he says. I'm not a republican either, but I'm looking strongly at Ron Paul right now.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Did anyone watch Lou Dobbs last night on Larry King's show? He said there will be an independent candidate that will emerge for the 2008 election. I wonder if he knows something we don't or is it just pure speculation?

let's email Lou and ask him
    "Remember the Alamo!"

MW
    krazynbama

I wouldn't toss Ron Paul over one bill
    I agree, and I would never suggest someone should not consider a candidate simply because of a couple votes that ran contrary to their ideology. The same holds true with cosponsoring bills. It would be impossible to find a candidate that cosponsored every bill you argree with. However, on occasion a while a bill comes up that begs the question - why didn't my favorite Sen. or Rep. cosponsor that bill.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Did anyone watch Lou Dobbs last night on Larry King's show? He said there will be an independent candidate that will emerge for the 2008 election. I wonder if he knows something we don't or is it just pure speculation?
    Throughout our history entire political parties have formed around a strong position by citizens. Jeffersonian Democrats, Democratic Republicans, Whigs, Federalist etc...

Perhaps Lou has inside information that a favorite candidate will leave their own party if they do not get the nomination in order to continue running. Ron Paul, Mitt Romney or Obama all seem to have a little of what it would take to leave their party and make a successful run for president.