Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2008 National Migration Conference, Washington DC

This looks like the Queen Bee of immigration advocates' get-togethers.
    Over 600 activists/groups supporting immigration (legal and illegal) will hold a big confab July 28-31 in Washington, DC. It is sponsored by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Charities USA and Catholic Legal Immigration Services.

Can anyone go and find out what their next moves are? Or present to them a different point of view?
    http://www.nationalmigrationconference.org/

Pretty stupid of them considering Congress will likely be adjourned till Sept 5 by then!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I would like to know is whether any of these groups---operating with benefit of IRS 501c3 exempt status---are actually engaging in partisan activity or fostering illegal behavior. I have had some discussion on another website as to whether they are actually violating their status---discussions which got shifted to First Amendment rights. Well, the free exercise of religion doesn't give them the ability to violate the law. And IRS policy is pretty clear about what constitutes a violation of tax exempt status. We've had a few discussions on this board--pertaining to IRS form 13909.

Re: partisan activity. I don't know why this would necessarily be limited to Dems and Reps or any other US political party. What about foreign political parties---like the Roman Catholic backed PAN party of Mexico? You know, the one that Vicente Fox belongs to.

Re: illegal activity. Need I say any more? Just because the US is having trouble finding the means to enforce our immigration laws doesn't mean they have been revoked.

Anyway.....DC activists. This could be a big chance.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)