Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pedro G wrote on Jul 22, 2007 12:37 PM:" If you don't have a license, drive a cheaper car. Then it won't matter as much if it's impounded. Tail lights? Brakes? Smog? Not so important. Better yet, how about a stolen car? Then we can laugh at the rightful owner when it's impounded just like we laugh at all the gringos when we crash into them and walk away because we don't have insurance or ID. "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/07 ... _21_07.txt

Pedro is right.

You have heard the black people talk about 'driving while black'. Around here, we talk about 'driving while looking like you would be likely to pay the fine." If you don't - they aren't going to stop you.

I saw a highway patrol pass up 3 vans, two actually being driven, one was being towed. They had no license plates, whatsoever, no stickers, I checked, and were filled to the brim with what appeared to be household items, and were being driven by Mexicans.

The highway patrol passed them up, went on down the highway a piece and pulled over a nice looking SUV driven by Other Than Mexcans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California Driver Handbook foreign language editions (PDF)

Armenian
    Chinese
    Korean
    Punjabi
    Russian
    Spanish
    Tagalog
    Vietnamese

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_pubs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Skip

California Driver Handbook foreign language editions (PDF)

Armenian
    Chinese
    Korean
    Punjabi
    Russian
    Spanish
    Tagalog
    Vietnamese

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_pubs.htm
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"Why Was My Car Impounded?"

"Your vehicle was impounded because you or another individual driving your vehicle has: a suspended license, a revoked license, or does not have a valid license."

California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6

On January 1, 1995, new laws were enacted relating to unlicensed drivers. These laws, California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6 authorize tow enforcement agencies to tow and impound vehicles for 30 days when driven by unlicensed, suspended, or revoked drivers. There is a possibility that the vehicle could be forfeited (taken from you by the state) if you have a prior conviction for driving while unlicensed, or with a suspended or revoked license.

"Remember, if you are unlicensed or driving with a suspended or revoked license, the vehicle you are driving may be impounded for 30 days and possibly forfeited. Also, if you let someone else drive your vehicle and they are unlicensed, or driving with a suspended or revoked license, your vehicle may be impounded and possibly forfeited."

The following excuses WILL not HELP YOU when your vehicle is being driven by an unlicensed driver and is stopped by law enforcement officers for any reason.

"It was a minor infraction. Why was my car impounded?"

"I don't understand. Why 30 days? I absolutely need my car!"

"She took the car without my permission"

"I am the owner of the car and I have a valid license."

"What happens to my car? Who impounds the car? What if I don't agree with the officer?"

"What happens if my car is stored a second time for being driven by an unlicensed, suspended, or revoked driver?"

"Why is driving without a valid driver's license so serious?"

An unlicensed driver is a potential danger to all other motorists on the highway. He / she may not know the rules of the road or practice safe driving techniques. A driver who is unlicensed, or has a suspended or revoked driver's license has been ordered not to drive because of previous driving violations. Continuing to drive shows a flagrant disregard for the safety of other motorists.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/impound.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skip

"Why Was My Car Impounded?"

"Your vehicle was impounded because you or another individual driving your vehicle has: a suspended license, a revoked license, or does not have a valid license."

California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6

On January 1, 1995, new laws were enacted relating to unlicensed drivers. These laws, California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6 authorize tow enforcement agencies to tow and impound vehicles for 30 days when driven by unlicensed, suspended, or revoked drivers. There is a possibility that the vehicle could be forfeited (taken from you by the state) if you have a prior conviction for driving while unlicensed, or with a suspended or revoked license.

"Remember, if you are unlicensed or driving with a suspended or revoked license, the vehicle you are driving may be impounded for 30 days and possibly forfeited. Also, if you let someone else drive your vehicle and they are unlicensed, or driving with a suspended or revoked license, your vehicle may be impounded and possibly forfeited."

The following excuses WILL not HELP YOU when your vehicle is being driven by an unlicensed driver and is stopped by law enforcement officers for any reason.

"It was a minor infraction. Why was my car impounded?"

"I don't understand. Why 30 days? I absolutely need my car!"

"She took the car without my permission"

"I am the owner of the car and I have a valid license."

"What happens to my car? Who impounds the car? What if I don't agree with the officer?"

"What happens if my car is stored a second time for being driven by an unlicensed, suspended, or revoked driver?"

"Why is driving without a valid driver's license so serious?"

An unlicensed driver is a potential danger to all other motorists on the highway. He / she may not know the rules of the road or practice safe driving techniques. A driver who is unlicensed, or has a suspended or revoked driver's license has been ordered not to drive because of previous driving violations. Continuing to drive shows a flagrant disregard for the safety of other motorists.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/impound.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

El Jefe wrote on Jul 22, 2007 5:22 PM:

" We finally have laws on the books that help us in reducing the number of unlicensed & uninsured drivers & now the lawbreakers are crying foul! Unlicensed, undocumented, drivers often buy used vehicles from a private party & don't bother to transfer title until the sticker nears expiration. This is the biggest problem for the unlicensed because they are required to prove to the tow yard they own the vehicle & are legally licensed & insured to obtain release of "their" vehicles. I know. because these unlicensed, undocumented, folk come to my office every day asking me to help them recover their vehicles only to discover they never bothered to register them in their own name in the first place. Also, under current law a car dealer is supposed to be provided proof of insurance by the buyer before allowing a vehicle off the dealer lot. Just drive up & down Escondido Blvd & see the scrap iron lots of used car dealers with signs in Spanish advertising how easy it is to get a car without prior credit history & in many cases even a California driver license or proof of insurance. Often these dealers get enough of a down payment on these old cars to have very little risk in financing the "balance" (their potential profit) themselves. At the 20% plus interest rates they charge they're making a nice markup & cannot afford to stop. Also, the sub-prime loan market is to blame for the ease in which the undocumented, unlicensed, unqualified borrowers can finance a vehicle. A lot of this could be prevented if our laws were more strictly enforced at the point of sale. Lastly, let's not forget that the police don't just rely on roadblocks since police cars are now equipped with newer more sophisticated software instantly connecting them to the DMV database which tells them if a particular vehicle is insured or not. The insurance companies I represent are required by law to immediately notify the DMV when someone fails to continue carrying at least the minimum Financial Responsibility Limits required in California. If you are a law abiding, insurance buying citizen just look at the premium your paying for uninsured motorist coverage & tell yourself your not subsidizing the uninsured driver in California. "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/07 ... _21_07.txt

LAW ENFORCEMENT ENTITIES HAVE THE RIGHT AND THE RESPONSIBLITY TO MAKE OUR ROADWAYS AND HIGHWAYS SAFE FOR THE DRIVING PUBLIC.

THAT IS WHY WE HAVE DRIVER'S LICENSES....SO THEY CAN CONTROL WHO IS ON THE ROAD AND WHO IS NOT. DRIVER'S IN GENERAL HAVE A RIGHT TO A SAFE ROADWAY SYSTEM.

WHEN ANYONE DRIVES WITHOUT A LICENSE THEY VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF THE DRIVING PUBLIC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    LAW ENFORCEMENT ENTITIES HAVE THE RIGHT AND THE RESPONSIBLITY TO MAKE OUR ROADWAYS AND HIGHWAYS SAFE FOR THE DRIVING PUBLIC.

THAT IS WHY WE HAVE DRIVER'S LICENSES....SO THEY CAN CONTROL WHO IS ON THE ROAD AND WHO IS NOT. DRIVER'S IN GENERAL HAVE A RIGHT TO A SAFE ROADWAY SYSTEM.

WHEN ANYONE DRIVES WITHOUT A LICENSE THEY VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF THE DRIVING PUBLIC.
    But don`t forget, they cannot ask about they`re "Immigration Status!!!!!!!!!!!
    one more loophole they can slip out of!
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12