Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

sorry, I do not understand this phrase:
    Protests are expected to arise in Arizona, with illegal immigrants and legal immigrants bringing their children.

where is the connection with family immigration law? I mean, when citizen applied for their children?

I believe it is only about 14 amendment, about anchor babies. correct me if I am wrong.

The left is twisting it as saying that this means only US Citizens children would gain citizenship by only stating a half truth. They are trying to garner support from immigrants who haven't recieved citizenship yet. However by the bill and other laws legal immigrants children would still be granted US Citizenship and full rights.

Yet to be known if legal immigrants are gonna fall for the bait really though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Here's the CNN article in it's entirety:

Arizona legislators consider birthright citizenship bill
    By Michael Martinez, CNN
    February 7, 2011 7:54 p.m. EST

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which was ratified in the wake of the Civil War, provides in part that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." The provision has the effect of granting "birthright" citizenship to anyone born in the United States, even if both of the child's parents are in the country illegally.
    No, it doesn't. The amendment is intended to make clear that freed slaves are citizens. The people who worte the amendment were clear about its not pertaining to foreigners or aliens, and that it means that citizens can't have any other allegiance. Illegals are by deifinition under the jursdiction of their home countries, and they owe allegiance to the governments of those countries.

The 14th Amendment gives Congress the right to enforce it. A simple joint resolution ought to be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    They can consider all they want

You have way to many libs and hispanic politicians in these legislatures to let these bills go anywhere

We just need one to go though ,
    Our best shot was Arizona and it looks like that one is toast right now.
    I don't think so. I think that they will kick AZ's bill down, but with the rest of the states ganging up they will get worn down sooner or later.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Arizona I believe have the votes in the senate and house to pass. However right now I think its been 1 vote short of passing commitee. But apparently Gould is using a different approach now using a different commitee that would be a slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Bottom line is that in this day and age we cannot afford open free citizenship to children of illegal aliens

Its wrong in so many different ways

They only come here to steal from Americans in any way they can
    The day will come but only after all Latino's are accepted in the US. As this debate goes further and further on we see its not about all illegals as far as the liberals go... just the latino / hispanic ones. We see that by these groups fighting for "illegal" rights refusing to help or stand for any illegals who aren't hispanic. Whers LaRaza, the ACLU, and these other groups for all the Indian illegals? The White illegals? The Asian illegals? Even the African illegals?

Helps one to really see who are the real racists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123