Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4000 Protest WTO in Hong Kong

This article can be found at www.journalnow.com

4,000 activists protest WTO summit in Hong Kong

HONG KONG - About 4,000 anti-globalization activists marched yesterday in the first mass protest against the World Trade Organization's summit in Hong Kong.

The demonstrators, who have been coming from around the world ahead of the five-day WTO meeting that will open Tuesday, marched from Hong Kong's downtown Victoria Park to the government's main office.

"Junk WTO," chanted the protesters. "Our world is not for sale."

Police have been busy securing neighborhoods around the meeting venue, putting mesh on buildings and blocking off streets to prevent the violence of past WTO summits.

British activist Tom Grundy was dressed as a chicken and held a sign that said, "WTO: more dangerous than chicken flu."
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Wow, that's great. I thought they chose Hong Kong because no one would protest.

Bootsie, we should be in Hong Kong!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We could be HONG KONG PHOOEY'S (SP?)!!!! CHOP. CHOP!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I could be in the mood for that !! :P But I'm not dressing up as a chicken!! Just an American with an arm band will be fine for me .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think I can go for the CHICKEN part either. Are you even old enough to remember that cartoon called "Hong Kong Phooey"??? I remember my kids watching it.

I'm old enough to remember Viet Nam protests and arm bands.

By the way, maybe I will dress up as a chicken. Why not. The only other costumes we have here are Tinkerbell, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz,
    and a princess costume. None of those would do, would they ?

Hooray for the protestors...carry on...chicken, duck, or chicken soup, I don't care...publicize the theft of our nations...publicize the treason...that's what we gotta have...attention to the problem. World news...national news...local news...go go go go!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones