Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh

6-Step Alternate Plan by former Border Patrol agents

McCain complains that no one has offered an alternate plan to S. 1348. Lou Dobbs broadcast (June 4th) the alternate plan proposed by former Border Patrol agents. It sure sounds like a plan to me:

1. Secure the border.

2. Enforce immigration laws.

3, No amnesty of any kind under any name.

4. Vigorous employer sanctions (fine employers who hire illegals).

5. Job programs for American workers.

6. Guest workers only if there is a proven labor shortage for a particular job.

Duh
    Duh

Banned
    good one tonight...

vic

There are alternate plans but these senators think if they would accept them they wouldn't get any credit,and if they didn't come up with it themselves it's not a plan. Sorta like these backroom closed door deals in reverse.
    Government is not reason;it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master! George Washington

Inspired this fax I will be sending out...

[quote]Dear Senator

It is becoming quite obvious that Senate Bill 1348 is completely unacceptable.

The expense of legalizing tens of millions of low-wage earners ranges in the trillions when we are already deeply in debt.

This bill rewards those who have flagrantly broken our laws and are laughing at you for even considering it. Can you tell me of any other country considering such an outrageous measure? It even extends this reward to KNOWN gang members.

This bill TRIPLES CHAIN MIGRATION. So why are some proponents lying by saying it will decrease it? Because they KNOW it is wrong.

If you are serious about this issue, why not listen to reason and experience – former Border Patrol agents who outlined a plan recently.

1. Secure the border.

2. Enforce immigration laws.

3, No amnesty of any kind under any name.

4. Vigorous employer sanctions (fine employers who hire illegals).

5. Job programs for American workers.

6. Guest workers only if there is a proven labor shortage for a particular job.

How refreshing. This doesn’t have to be complicated unless the drafters of this bill are trying to hide nefarious agendas. A simple glance at who was involved with that, including a racist and divisive organization called “La Razaâ€

sounds good to me

I like everything on the list...except the guest worker part. I dont think we need guest workers, and they wont leave when time is up. American workers can do the work. There are plenty of Americans who need work
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This plan makes so much sense it has doomed itself.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I like everything on the list...except the guest worker part. I dont think we need guest workers, and they wont leave when time is up. American workers can do the work. There are plenty of Americans who need work
    The Jordan Immigration Reform Commission recommended companies that hire guest workers not only have to pay them "prevailing wage", but also the companies be charged an additional 10% based on their wages, this money would go to train Americans to do the jobs.

Others have suggested a percentage of the guest workers money be withheld, to be paid only once they are back home.

These type of provisions would make sure very few guest workers would be hired.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    ... companies that hire guest workers not only have to pay them "prevailing wage", but also the companies be charged an additional 10% based on their wages, this money would go to train Americans to do the jobs.
    Others have suggested a percentage of the guest workers money be withheld, to be paid only once they are back home.
    These type of provisions would make sure very few guest workers would be hired.
    Good ideas. I also think that employers should be required to pay for the health care of any guestworkers they hire or else be fine a substantial amount per guestworker. Of course, they'd never go for this as it would negate the cheap labor aspect of their cheap labor that we are forced to subsidize.

Duh
    Duh

CSpan2 just did a re-airing of a taped Nat'l Press Club Press Conference with a group associated from NAFBPO.

It was very interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast