Thread: 64 aye!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

64 aye!

oh, i'll barf now

64 aye, 35 nay
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Hey the bill has a long way to go. We cannot lose faith now. If somehow this makes it to the house, I really think it will die in the House.

This might be a strange way to look at it, but maybe the cloture passing could be a good thing. Specifically from my stand point, many of the amendments introduced by the opposing Reps may cause this bill to die because I can't see how the OBL's could agree to these amendments.
    I have a feeling the Reps have purposly introduced these types of amendments with the sole intention of killing this bill while it's in debate.
    I hope I'm right, but I have the feeling it won't even get that far. Many of the amendments which Reps have proposed will not fly with reid, and many other of the OBL's.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Hey the bill has a long way to go. We cannot lose faith now. If somehow this makes it to the house, I really think it will die in the House.

This might be a strange way to look at it, but maybe the cloture passing could be a good thing. Specifically from my stand point, many of the amendments introduced by the opposing Reps may cause this bill to die because I can't see how the OBL's could agree to these amendments.
    I have a feeling the Reps have purposly introduced these types of amendments with the sole intention of killing this bill while it's in debate.
    I hope I'm right, but I have the feeling it won't even get that far. Many of the amendments which Reps have proposed will not fly with reid, and many other of the OBL's.
    I wonder the same thing.

34 people voted not,which means we need to keep those 34 and swing 7 others to defeat this bill entirely.

I know that some Senators are putting in amendments that will not pass, which will change their vote from YA to NAY.

We need to work extremely hard to contact all the Senators and say NO to this bill.

We did it last time; it passed the first vote for debate and we came back and defeated the bill!!!

We can do it again and we will!

I'm praying for strength right now. Thank you for that point of view, it helped.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

No.

Cloture has already been achieved.

The next vote will be on the bill itself.

They won't need 60 votes.

All of the mendacious, hypocritical slimeballs who voted for this-but ultimately vote against the bill-need to be defeated the next time around.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

it passed 64-35

this is not good news, but after the vote i have to wonder if this is how the real vote will go, or if they voted yes to hear WHAT amendments would and would not be added

That's It. The Gloves Come Off.

Regardless of the final vote outcome, they cannot get a pass on this. We dig up the dirt. We follow the money. We expose the back door deals. We make it so tough on the senators and expose their obvious corruption that they wouldn't be voted in as dog catchers and that they get recalled. Those who voted for cloture need to become the most hated people in America. Anyone who has any inside information that they want to share, please contact me. I'll start producing videos that will circulate throughout the net exposing these people for what they really are.

64 Aye!

This is encouraging because:

The May 21 vote on cloture for S. 1348 was 69 Aye, 23 Nay, so we've swung 12 Senators to our side! Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) always votes for initial cloture on every bill as a matter of personal principle because he thinks each should be heard, but it is very likely he will vote "No" on the second cloture vote. So, perhaps we need only four more to vote "No" on cloture on Thurs. if we can hold all of these 35!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sellout list from K-Lo:

Nay to Yea (17)

Bennett

Bingaman

Bond

Boxer

Burr

Coleman

Collins

Domenici

Ensign

Gregg

Lott

McConnell

Murkowski

Snowe

Stevens

Warner

Webb

NV to Yea (1)

Brownback
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)