Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

70% of Mexico's tourists come from USA

Perhaps we should pay more attention to this. We should expect (demand) more cooperation from the Mexican Government in managing the illegal immigrant problems. It would further cripple their economy if there was a boycott on tourism, to especially include cruises. After all our government has used it to punish Cuba.

(This article was apparently written in Feb 2005.)

Mexico Tourism Industry 2005 forecast is $10 billion. 70% percent of visitors come from the USA, the Mexico tourism board says. Visitors come for the sand, surf, shopping and the Mayan ruins. Too many, it's home. The Mexican Population Council says 8.9 million Mexicans and 14.4 million Americans of Mexican origin live in the USA, together making up 8% of the U.S. population. Mexico is home to the world's seventh-largest hotel industry. 10,400 hotels, or 430,000 rooms Mexico Tourism Investment - According to statistics recently released by Mexico’s Tourism Secretariat (Sectur), Mexico’s tourism industry attracted more than US$2.29 billion in new investments last year, representing a 38.5 percent increase over the previous year’s figures.

The Pacific coast state of Guerrero attracted the most investment monies, amounting to US$429.9 million, with the Caribbean state of Quintana Roo close behind at US $427.6 million and the Pacific coast state of Nayarit in third place at slightly more than US$291 million. More than 75 percent of these investments came from Mexican investors, with the remaining from international investors. Mexico currently has 305 projects under construction or renovation. Sectur projects that by 2006, Mexico will have attracted US$9 billion in new tourism investments. http://www.mexico.us/business.htm

70%?? Unless they were show the exclusive "tourist" spots, many will get a look at what America will become if illeagsl continue to come into this country.

I have read that tourism is down for 2007 - don't know if that is media hype or fact.

When they give all these statistics, and you think of Mexico's vast natural resources, you wonder why they have so many poor people.

Actually, folks, a lot of the people who are coming now - are NOT poor people. Keep you eyes and ears open.

Many of these people are definitely middle class - upper middle class with great educations -

For all those who have been thinking their jobs are secure - they had better take warning.

They are just here to fleece America. Just think if you could walk across a border, get a job making more than you make in your own country - no taxes, no law will bother you, anyone would be tempted - if they had no conscience. Do they get freebies, I don't know about that. Some of the people I see and speak with definitely look down on Americans as uneducated and low class.

Maybe the illegals just came and paved the way for the elites that are going to be our employers?????????

We need to go after the employers people, today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie wrote in part,
    "We need to go after the employers people. today."

I couldn't agree more; dry up the job market for them, and most illegals will self-deport. I for one, will believe the federal government is serious about going after the employers of the illegals when they go after "the big boys", i.e. Fortune 500 companies. When ICE starts raiding multiple locations of these corporations (some of whom are know to have hired a large number of illegals in the past, and merely received a "slap on the wrist" for that), then I will believe they are serious about a crackdown on those who knowingly hire illegal labor!

In the meantime, an American tourism boycott of Mexico might just convince Senor Calderon and his government to be more cooperative with our efforts to stop illegal immigration coming across our border with that nation, instead of encouraging same! It would be interesting to see how they'd react to suddenly NOT be getting all those Gringo dollars from tourism; I'll bet it would quickly get their attention!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

70% of Mexico's tourists come from the U.S.A.
    I'll never travel to that corrpt peice of land they call a nation. I don't see for the life of me how Americans can feel safe there. I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to go there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People must stop supporting the corrupt, dissolute country of Mexico by spending their vacation dollars there! Go somewhere else, almost anywhere else. Don't give these people a dime!

I used to have friends who went down to Baja on surfing trips. They used to carry a special law enforcement bribery fund. Guess what?
    They don't do it anymore! They don't want to be disappeared in Mexico.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I just saw a program on TV last night called: Springbreak Nightmares

It was about American kids going to Mexico for Springbreak.

After watching the show I was horrified by the terrible things the Mexican police and other Mexicans are doing to the American kids. The kids are ending up in lousy parts of town, going one bus stop too far and being ganged up on 15 to one and cops stealing from them, to being singled out - picked off and disappear in the hands of beasts capable of the worst terror.

Very barbaric and I actually had nightmares last night about a vacation in Mexico.

I won't even drink Mexican beer. Forget it! I would never go to Mexico but I guess they want to be with us so they are coming here...lovely.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    70% of Mexico's tourists come from the U.S.A.
    I'll never travel to that corrpt peice of land they call a nation. I don't see for the life of me how Americans can feel safe there. I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to go there.
    That goes for me too Rockfish! I would never go there even if I was paid and given a free hotel, food and a rental car!!! Everyone I have talked to that went to Cancun or some other spots in Mexico always have one or two horrible stories that ruined there vacation, and mostly coming back sick was always the bad part!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Re: 70% of Mexico's tourists come from USA

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Perhaps we should pay more attention to this. We should expect (demand) more cooperation from the Mexican Government in managing the illegal immigrant problems. It would further cripple their economy if there was a boycott on tourism, to especially include cruises. After all our government has used it to punish Cuba.
    We are at (undeclared, "shhh, don't say anything") war with Mexico.

Tourism to Mexico...

is giving money to Mexico...

is funding the enemy in war time...

which should be bad.

Keep your money at home.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast