Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

8 Senators Letter to King George Bush!

Border Security Can Be Implemented Without Senate Bill

Today, Senator Jim DeMint and eight other senators wrote a letter to President Bush urging him to fulfill the border security provisions listed in the Senate immigration bill whether the legislation passes or not. Each border security trigger in the bill can be implemented under current law without any need for new legislation from Congress.

The text of the letter is below:

Dear Mr. President:

We respectfully ask that your Administration enforce the border security laws that have already been authorized by Congress regardless of whether the Senate passes the immigration reform bill. The bill assumes that several critical border security benchmarks can be achieved within 18 months. These security triggers are already authorized under current law and can be completed without the immigration bill. We believe these enforcement measures are vital and should not wait until Congress passes additional immigration reforms.

Securing the border is the best way to restore trust with the American people and facilitate future improvements of our immigration policy.

Sincerely,
    U.S. Senators Jim DeMint (R – South Carolina), Tom Coburn (R – Oklahoma), Mike Enzi (R – Wyoming), David Vitter (R – Louisiana), Jim Inhofe (R – Oklahoma), Jim Bunning (R – Kentucky), Charles Grassley (R – Iowa), John Ensign (R – Nevada) and Jeff Sessions (R – Alabama).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, I have just called Senator Alexander's Office and asked them why has he not signed this letter or Senator Corker of Tennessee. They were not aware of this letter and are to call me back. Let's all do the same and make them answer.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good idea Georgia Peach!

Earlier this morning I sent emails to the list of republicans who might align w/ Bush. I sent the above ltr and asked why they had not been a part of this letter.

Now sending long email/letter out to same group of Senators, telling them not to partner up with Bush.

The other thread is a full list, I think written by Olivermyboy. Briefly, the Republicans who might be persuaded to go along with Bush are:

Alexander, Bennet, Cochran, Coleman, Collins, Cornyn, Craig, Domenici, Gregg, Hatch, Hutchison, Kyl, Lott, McConnell, Murkowski, Smith (R-OR), Snowe, Stevens, Warner.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Here's link to post comments after you contact Senator, news, radio or The white house traitor!!

"RED ALERT"

We need a flood of 'No compromise" calls and e-mails into these Senate offices fast! Bush is bribing Republican TO PUSH S1348. Come on everyone time is crucial. LET GET ON IT!!!

INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68356
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Called Senator Corker's Office (Tennessee). They are not aware of the letter either. They will call me back.

Senator Alexander's Office called me and said that Senator Alexander has already made a statement so he would be repeating himself. I said it seems like you would sign off on anything that was good for America to further get the message to the White House.

Okay, Senator Corker's office called back and said that he is a freshman senator and that these Senators on the letter are on the steering committee. Since he is a junior he could not be on the letter. Is this the case? Senator Lamar Alexander's office did not mention steering committee.

***I think EVERY senator's office should be asked why their senator is not on this letter - ***

1) Many offices are not aware of the letter - tell them to get a copy or read it to them (I did that), find out why their senator's name is not on the letter

2) Have them call you back with the answer as to why they are not on the letter - the message gets out by asking the question

3) Request someone calls you back who handles their immigration issues so they are directly aware of our questioning and what we want done - ENFORCE THE LAW

Both Senators' offices from Tennessee called me back - have yours to do the same
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.